Sign in to follow this  
pt756

now wis. mask mandate

I stopped shopping at any place that required a mask.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, toyboy said:

I stopped shopping at any place that required a mask.

I have not been to a China Mart since they have enacted their mandatory mask requirements and I don't plan on ever going back. They always cost slightly more than the other places I shopped anyways. One of the things that sometimes took me there was odd hour shopping but I am through with them ESPECIALLY with what they did to the milk market

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Personally I take this situation very seriously. However, I think the mask thing is a (very bad) joke! We have been wearing them at work since 4-13, I loathe them. 

1. As said I feel sorry for you and others having to wear masks simply to work and provide for your families.  

2. This is still a virus and is something to take seriously BUT the there is not logic in some of the ways this is handled. Such as mask wearing in restaurants. They need to get in their heads that people breathe the same air and it’s impossible to stop it and not possible for a virus to be stopped, it’ll cycle through like anything else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only town I get to during the day is Cody pop 150 and it is small enough everybody shares a mask. The next biggest town is Valentine pop 2750 so I asked my wife who gets through there most days. She says hospitals and nursing homes have a mask requirement. And any business where you touch someone like a nail salon have to wear masks. Other than that don't really see a lot of masks around here unless it's touristas. Driving through North Platte pop 24000 I see people walking around with them on. I see some people wearing them in their cars driving on the highway. Traveling mask salesman probably gonna go broke up here. 

Wait What Wait What did he say about sharing a mask😲😳.......................😉😁

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mader656 said:

South Dakota. Always...

My wife and I took the convertible to Sioux Falls. We drove down Phillips ave which go's thru historic downtown down to the Sioux "Falls" It's a major hangout street during the summer with restaurants, bars and entertainment. Neat to ride thru. Hundred's of people sitting around the various tables set up in front of businesses on both sides of the street.  My wife and I took notice. Maybe 6-8 people wearing masks. Pretty hard to drink a cool long neck without getting a mouth full of lint. 

• Like 3

I live in rural western South Dakota, I cook a couple nights a week at the local cafe, and I worked tonight. Saw two people come in with masks to get their to go orders, knew immediately that they were from out of town..... I’m not sure if anyone from here even has one, much less wears it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

on. I see some people wearing them in their cars driving on the highway. Traveling mask salesman probably gonna go broke up 

Mask in your car is like wearing a condom alone in bed....

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Looks like Germany has less sheep than we do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveinSD said:

I live in rural western South Dakota, I cook a couple nights a week at the local cafe, and I worked tonight. Saw two people come in with masks to get their to go orders, knew immediately that they were from out of town..... I’m not sure if anyone from here even has one, much less wears it.

Seen that in the Black Hills a few weeks back. A family pulled up beside us in front of a cafe in Custer one morning. Four of them came out with masks. Looked at their plates. California. 

On a side note. I never seen so many California plates in the Black Hills before. Whats going on? It concerns me.

9 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

On a side note. I never seen so many California plates in the Black Hills before. Whats going on? It concerns me.

Probably they want out.  Looking for a refuge.  But I'm not sure many of them will be wise enough to leave their politics in California.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Mask in your car is like wearing a condom alone in bed....

Or the new masks with a hole em so you can drink with a straw

Like a condom with a hole in it so you can go pee😆

• Haha 6

Was in North Planet the other day. Aside from health care places only the big box places seem to require a mask.  There were an awful lot of people wearing masks alone in their car which I got a chuckle out of.  In Kearney, which is 100mi to the east most places requested mask usage and had one available.  Outside of the stores most weren't wearing them.  I try to shop at places without mask requirements but in rural Neb your choices are pretty limited. 

2 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Looks like Germany has less sheep than we do.

They learned from the first time being led down the path 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, bitty said:

I have not been to a China Mart since they have enacted their mandatory mask requirements and I don't plan on ever going back. They always cost slightly more than the other places I shopped anyways. One of the things that sometimes took me there was odd hour shopping but I am through with them ESPECIALLY with what they did to the milk market

oh you'll be back,   no one can resist the walmart....   

We were doing a job at factory in Wisconsin in May and June we are all from out of state and they made us wear masks and bright green vests and none of them were wearing masks.

Made us feel like lepers.

One of the guys brought in his mask for spraying paint and they asked him why he had that on and he said “you’re not wearing a mask and surgical mask isn’t going to protect me from you not wearing one”, he did this to bust their chops 

We have to go back in August so it will be nice to hear all their employees complaining about them.      

I went to 2 tractor pulls this week, Dixon and Pierce county fairs and didn't see anyone wearing a mask. I was told by the person at the gate at the first pull that they sold 1,100 day passes plus those who had season passes. The only thing I noticed was some hand washing stations and hand sanitizer in the restrooms and some scattered around the fairgrounds otherwise business as usual.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

Yeah, I just ruined my 3 year run without going into Walmart.  Three visits now in 12 years

this year I was in Minnesota and looking for a cooler, after target and several stores I tried the Walmart in St Cloud MN, I did find what I want but had a heck of a experience

2 hours ago, cjf711 said:

Don't bet on it 

neighbor lady  told me yhat at their catholic church this morning and its a small church masks were handed out and you were to wear it,

2 hours ago, cjf711 said:

One thing for sure around here. Wal-Mart has been good for the smaller grocery stores by forcing masks. Their parking lot looks like about half as many people as usual and the smaller grocery stores are packed. I don't go to wal mart unless I just have to anyway. Less likely to go now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

We were doing a job at factory in Wisconsin in May and June we are all from out of state and they made us wear masks and bright green vests and none of them were wearing masks.

Made us feel like lepers.

One of the guys brought in his mask for spraying paint and they asked him why he had that on and he said “you’re not wearing a mask and surgical mask isn’t going to protect me from you not wearing one”, he did this to bust their chops 

We have to go back in August so it will be nice to hear all their employees complaining about them.      

We've had guys working out having to deal with that. Mask, face shield, safety best and hard hat in temps over 100. Won't let them use company bathroom either. Have a port a pot set up outside. No place to even wash up since they're banned from the bathroom. Now theirs some good thinking. 

• Sad 1

The mask always reminds me of survival fire fighting training that we had in the USN. An OBA (oxygen breathing apparatus) that is required when we require breathable air when none is available. It takes moisture from your exhale and uses it through a chemical bed that produces a breathable gas mixture that will sustain life, old ones allowed you 20 minutes of additional  breathing per canister of chemical. Looks like an old WW1 gas mask but in stead of filtering it produces a life sustaining gas mixture.  Always caused me to get very claustrophobic,  Instructor always said "Its better than the alternative"!! Think of something positive, I did getting out of the compartment as soon  as possible. 

1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

We've had guys working out having to deal with that. Mask, face shield, safety best and hard hat in temps over 100. Won't let them use company bathroom either. Have a port a pot set up outside. No place to even wash up since they're banned from the bathroom. Now theirs some good thinking. 

I would tell them to take a long walk off a short pier😒

12 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I would tell them to take a long walk off a short pier😒

Luckily I wasn't involved on this project. Got another one going now for same company, different plant. Luckily it will at least be cooled  down before installing it. Hard hat and vest is normal on most of them. What I can't understand is how a mask and shield are going to make any difference when they're not allowed to interact with anyone in the plant. I mean the guys traveled out there together , go out and eat together, back to the motel together. But they need a mask and face shield to be around each other in the plant. Doesn't make any sense I don't care what anyone says. And while I'm talking about masks I'm tired of seeing people in commercials wearing them. Can we just have something that looks normal. 

• Like 3

For you guys in Montana....why is your state under a mask order? You guys have fewer cases(less than half, actually) than we do in South Dakota. I would think it would be rather easy to social distance in your state. 

Our governor has been busy showing the nation’s colors at rodeo events lately. This was at the Days of 76 rodeo in Deadwood. Earlier last month she did the same thing in Sioux Falls at the Sanford arena. 

2E2DBBE3-7E0F-4DC8-BD30-0320335148E9.jpeg

ABD806FE-81A1-4080-BDDF-EF7CF1996F52.jpeg

• Like 7