I picked up this Td15 crawler from my relatives estate, 3100 original hours, 150 series 2428 sn.

I’ve got it running and driving but only turning left. I can’t for the life of me get the right turn clutch free. I’ve read some guys say to fill the clutch case with kerosene and leave sit for a few hours then drain. I’m hesitant to do that but I really don’t want to pull it apart as it looks like quite a job. The boosters do work and it is releasing it from what I can see through the windows. 

Im also confused as to what one of the hyd pumps is for on right side of the motor, one obviously is for the boosters but the second runs to a filter housing under the floor board and runs into the center of the trans case under the seat. What would that do? In the pics it’s the backside pump that also has a small line that comes off the suction side that goes to a vacuum gauge on the dash. 

F4805C65-8D32-4A0A-B4D4-FDEC2F519EBB.jpeg

00BA3341-86EB-45E1-9D94-899D51DA2FBE.jpeg

5489782B-D8D4-42D7-B055-9381ED7E33BB.jpeg

C9CC586F-E9EB-4A05-92BC-FF4A2FBEF414.jpeg

My TD20-200 steering clutch was stuck to when i got it from setting at a shop 30 years , mine had a blade so i was able to push on a tree with lever pulled back. When it popped free it worked fine after . Id just pull hard  it with lever pulled back before i dumped anything in there! , Yours looks from dry climate but them disc just glue together . Been a while since i ran mine but I think the second pump pressure oils the bearings in the trans . Vac gauge  is for pump pull from filter.

There was a few 15-150-151s around here . I see they put grader manifolds on it once the oddball muffler burnt out.

Yeah this one had the muffler changed out, it’s got the single hole in the hood for it. I figured that’s what the vac gauge was for, what oil do you spose runs in that pump? I bought the owners manual for it but it doesn’t say anything about it. Just that the trans takes 140 gear oil.

It’s got hydraulics and I tried hooking it up to my little disk last night to give it a pull but they don’t have enough to lift it, thinking the relief valve could be stuck. 

Congrats that is one cherry looking machine for close to 60 yrs old, Mike might add due to the lack of tons of pig iron hung off it with the bonus of knowing its history. You might get more response posting on the construction side, I thought the trans takes 80/90 gear oil and the finals had the heavier?

I can’t find anything on the second hydraulic pump, there were lots of changes and service bulletins issued in those years, but it does look like some lube piping, can you see where the suction line picks up fluid?

Yeah it looks to pick the fluid up on top of the trans. The pic from behind it’s the hose going straight into the top. I assume it’s the suction as It’s just clamped and the other line is fitted. So I would guess it’s got a pickup tube. In the pic under the floor board you can see the filter housing and the steel tube going into the trans case. Most likely I will just have to drain it and see what it is.

The book specified either 80/90 or 140 for both the trans and finals depending on weather. I would just run 80/90 as it won’t get worked. I just like to run them around the yard and pull little stuff. 

Where would I find the construction forum? This ones an ag crawler but I assume they had all the same mounts for dozers as well. 

Go to top of page and click forum. Then scroll down to IH construction equipment. Welcome to forum, great looking crawler.

Welcome Farmith

Great picture of your TD15.  Looks to be in great shape.  Sorry, I can't help with the pump question.  Have fun with it.

Dennis