Sign in to follow this  
dads706

I might need bail money.......

Got a text message yesterday saying that I was overdrawn and that I needed to deposit the money right away because the authorities have already been notified. It said just click the attached link.

Well, #1 it was probably 40 years ago the one and only time I was overdrawn, and that was because I used the wrong checking account for a purchase. #2 the bank was not listed nor any other credible information was part of the text.      In my haste to hurry and pay this overdraft I deleted the text. So I guess the authorities will be hauling me away any minute now. And since I am somewhat of a low life etc. I may need someone to help with bail money. Maybe I'll share a cell with that guy from Nigeria who has millions in the bank and just needs help getting it out of the country. So if you get an email from some dumb farm kid in jail in Nigeria, just send me your checking and savings account numbers, your 401k information, and you, your wife, and any close relatives SSN. I'll take care of the rest. You can trust me.......

Just a bit of humor this morning.

Does anyone actually fall for this sh!t? I guess there must be some gullible people out there or else they wouldn't keep sending this spam.

• Haha 2

if someone shows up in a black suburban w/dark tint - not to worry you will be delivered to Area 51 and abducted by aliens they dont need any $$ you should be fine........

i got a friend near area 51. she comes armed and Dangerous

Sadly its our senior citizens that are most apt to fall for these scams. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

One of the things I liked best was to disable text messaging on my cell phone. No more political ads and other crap. 

• Like 1

This lady fell for a gift card scam and cash. Funny thing is she spent a lot on gift cards, must be guilty of something. 

https://www.keloland.com/news/local-news/fbi-spoofer-steals-thousands-from-local-woman/

https://www.siouxlandproud.com/news/south-dakota-news/local-woman-mails-over-20000-in-phone-scam/

Every ducking week, bank, income tax, visa, now eBay, if you notice they say customer this and that, they don’t say John Doe, I use PayPal a lot and I get phishing from a looksee on them, dear customer again, I guess the others do have preventative notes written somewhere but PayPal has it right up front if it doesn’t have your name it’s not us.

And yes lots of people are being swindled, there is an RCMP one out now that gives peeps the idea if they don’t follow up they will go to jail, gotta be careful that’s all.

I got a voicemail this morning saying that they were going to disable my social security card?

• Like 1

I heard on a court show, a woman that claimed her apartment was so hot, the water in the toilet was boiling?

And they walk among us?

• Like 1

We had one five or so years ago called every morning telling us we had a millions of dollars coming to us and  a new BMW. Just had to answer some questions and give him bank information. The long lost relative inheritance thing and we were next of kin.  I looked up the phone number and it went to Jamaica. This went on every day for a couple weeks. Finally I told him we had a bad connection and he should call on my work phone. Gave him the number to the sheriff dept. The dumbass called them and they said nobody by my name works there. He then called our house number to tell me that.  Told him I was a special investigator and the switchboard didn't know my real name. He never called again. I then called the sheriff office and told them. They got a laugh, but said they get complaints like that  every week.

• Like 1

When my mom got in her upper 80’s and 90’s  she fell victim to all kinds of that Crap. 
Once you get taken by one of them they all jump on the band wagon and bombard you with all kinds of scams . 

It saddened me terribly to watch her being taken advantage of . 

I am not very nice to the phone scams when I get them . In fact I’m down right mean to them.  I drag them on as long as possible and then I lay into em with every degrading name I can think of . 

If I could track one of them scum down I would beat em untill they beg me to stop and then open his mouth up on a curb and  kick the back of his head . 

• Like 1

Kept getting calls about my car warranty one day they called and started to tell me about it. I stopped them and told them Their insurance for their car warranty was overdue please give me your card number for the payment..... So far they haven't called back for a week now.     Still don't know why they wouldn't give their card number. LMAO

I had a scammer call me one day a few years back.

I had been having a run of bad luck that week.  Multiple flat tractor trailer tires, a clutch that gave up the ghost on a truck, a farm tractor that had cylinder liners corrode through, and something else that seemed monumental at the time.

So I began asking the scammer to pay his bill.  Anytime that the scammer spoke I would interject with “When will you be paying invoice # BR549?”

And I was persistent!

I stopped getting scam calls for a while after that.  I wonder why?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

When my mom got in her upper 80’s and 90’s  she fell victim to all kinds of that Crap. 
Once you get taken by one of them they all jump on the band wagon and bombard you with all kinds of scams . 

I am not very nice to the phone scams when I get them . In fact I’m down right mean to them.  I drag them on as long as possible and then I lay into em with every degrading name I can think of . 

If I could track one of them scum down I would beat em untill they beg me to stop and then open his mouth up on a curb and  kick the back of his head . 

I never have a chance to berate these a**holes because its always taped, the only time we got live was an income tax scam and mom and I kept playing with him until he caught on, he was pissed.

• Like 1

I got the call at the shop today that there was fraudulent use of my social security number. So I pressed one so I wouldn't be able to get arrested for it. Then once talking to the very hard to understand person they asked me for my name so I said Carlos Sanchez. They asked me how to spell it so I tried to spell it out. All the time trying to throw my accident and anytime they would ask a question instead of saying yes I would say si. So then they said something about social security number and I said "me don't one me illegal alien" . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bitty said:

I got the call at the shop today that there was fraudulent use of my social security number. So I pressed one so I wouldn't be able to get arrested for it. Then once talking to the very hard to understand person they asked me for my name so I said Carlos Sanchez. They asked me how to spell it so I tried to spell it out. All the time trying to throw my accident and anytime they would ask a question instead of saying yes I would say si. So then they said something about social security number and I said "me don't one me illegal alien" . 

AWESOME!!!!!!

10 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Sadly, you and I and all the remaining taxpayers would then be paying for their new teeth through Obamacare.

I stop them in mid sentence and just ask, "How much of my money do you want, I don't have the time to screw around."

That throws them off base so I asked, "How many Walmart or Walgreens gift cards do you want and for what amounts?"

They usually hang up.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Don't hold back,  tell us how you really feel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no desire to drag them on anymore ,was fun at first but it doesn't stop them. Whenever I get something for my car warranty or the apology from my electric utility or what, I block the caller. It has taken a few months  doing this but at this point the calls are greatly reduced. Hah! I got one recently that displayed a local number and "Russia" underneath the #. I'm like : Its the Kremlin investment firm! Send you're money to us!

They need it to buy bricks 🧱 

• Haha 1