Sign in to follow this  
Chace

TD6 cylinder rust help engine seized

Hello I have an old td6 gas over upon checking it out I discovered the front cylinder was full of water came out when I removed plug how and what should I put in cylinder to help free it I plan on taking the head off to further inspect any damage hoping to free it up and just clean her out and New gasket fluids and hopefully go? What shoul I put in spark plug hole in the mean time

remove the head first no other options when water has entered the cyl and rusted. the you see what you have going to remove the piston.

Just now, rustred said:

remove the head first no other options when water has entered the cyl and rusted. the you see what you have going to remove the piston.

my info is if the engine is seized from sitting with water. if you caught it soon enough you could have blown it out even by pulling it the oil the cyl good and let it sit a bit. then start her up.

Careful when removing the head gasket. Getting hard to find, some on here I hear are reusing. 

Mark

When dealing with rust, a very good penetrating solution can be made using  equal parts of automatic transmission fluid and acetone.

, almost any light oil and  lacquer thinner works also.

Mix it well, and give it a good soak.

I believe your UD6 is a dry sleeve engine. Pull sleeve with piston, then free piston from sleeve.

I had UD24 with a cracked cylinder wall and I installed new sleeve with loctite for good measure.

Powered mill for 12 years.