ok so what color should i paint my battery tray i made for my 706 to go on the frame rail outside of my cab - i drilled and made it to fit the clutch/bell housing threaded bolts then the side frame slots. 

What color ? Red or Black? 

Frame is Red of course but didnt know if the red tray would look good contrasting the black batteries or just make it black like the batteries? 

I know kind of stupid to be asking but im not a fashion statement guy my abilities dont lie in pretty they lie in function. 

That’s a good ? Paint it red one side and black the other and we will vote on it. 
factory red I think will win ! 
use a gooD acid resistance paint also 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 560Dennis said:

That’s a good ? Paint it red one side and black the other and we will vote on it. 
factory red I think will win ! 
use a gooD acid resistance paint also 

its gonna get the rattle can - it will get NICE paint wehn i have it done someday but today isnt the day

the only red i have at the moment in rattle can is lincoln welder red which is more like apple red 

White go with the stripe

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

White go with the stripe

no way im going white, it looks bad enough when its dirty let alone white down that low wtih mud flying off wheels - i went out over lunch since im WFH today and sprayed it black, will see how that looks when dry 

Just get Mark's "whats wrong with this picture" girl to stand in front of it.😉

You could paint it john deere green with belarus orange polka dots and nobody would notice🤪😲😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I’m a black fan, if I haven’t the exact right colours I go black, when I was a kid we would flat black anything that needed cleanup on our cars, now you have three choices gloss and flat and the satin flat colour. 

Plus it gives a nice accent with whatever colour your main colour is.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

red one side and black the other

Just leave it like this then you know the tractor is yours.

This is how our 986’s rear wheel castings are and it is neat because you can’t tell unless you look around the whole thing but it is easy to spot from a distance because no one else has a black casting on a 9 around us.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

no way im going white, it looks bad enough when its dirty let alone white down that low wtih mud flying off wheels - i went out over lunch since im WFH today and sprayed it black, will see how that looks when dry 

Well, if you don't like it, we'll hear that it was undercoat?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ian Beale said:

Well, if you don't like it, we'll hear that it was undercoat?

...smoko time ..is it Ian ??!!!!

..lunch time here  ...

Mike  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...smoko time ..is it Ian ??!!!!

..lunch time here  ...

Mike  

Not yet.  Actually "Haven't got out of the office yet" time.

Been doing the rounds of a dozer problem in that.  FA 10 has sprung an oil leak from a sprocket seal and the dozer is needed to feed mulga scrub.  Leak lowers about an inch an hour.  I'm trying to find out if I can use that half "O" cornhead grease brew - successfully in terms of final life.

Just found out that no problems with bearings and seals.  One son is Cat trained so we can do it.  Only problem is that he and his service truck are the wrong side of Oz ATM.

One day I might do a thread on where a dozer fits into a drought feeding program.

Ian

• Like 1

we crap i cant get anything but text to work at the moment, storms and crappy internet are my troubles - got tray mounted but not wired up yet, trying to redo hoses and wiring and gauges at same time so im like SQUIRREL, fix that wire, SQUIRRELL, fix that hose...........crap i just go in circles - next connundrum, the water pump outlet is capped off and my heater had never worked right and I redoing those hoses, where should my hoses go in relation to the heater in the cab and my block heater etc i dont think i was getting and flow/suction from the system before how the hoses are ran. 

here are my options.........

line coming out top of water pump

line coming out of lower left side of block

line needs to go to inlet side of block heater

line needs to go to left side of cab heater

riight side of cab heater is the only thing i think is right, the hose runs from there down to the thermostat fitting 

phone has gone haywire - performing backup and factory reset on it so will be a while before i have pix

now for the water line debacle - so i have a cab heater with an inlet/outlet

whoever cobbled this all together before me did it like this...........

line from thermostat going up to right side fitting on the heater in cab

line from block went to block heater then up to the left side fitting on the heater

he capped off the the line coming out of the water pump

im convinced that is why i didnt have good heat - shouldnt the line from the waterpump be hooked up somehow? 

line from block.jpg

line from thermostat to right side of heater.jpg

line from water pump goes to where.jpg

BAH!!!  i figured it out,  it just came to me............ were my ears burning? - forget the block heater and run it with a T down to the block port from heater core over to waterpump - i have other options and dad burned up 2 block heaters routed like this -  dont look too close finney, you and bitty might wet yourselves laughing at my attempt at cobbling a tray

My vote is red. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, drglinski said:

My vote is red. 

I dunno black looks good and I think he should join gas monkey garage, boy can paint!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, drglinski said:

My vote is red. 

i was afraid the red i had would clash to bad 

8 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I dunno black looks good and I think he should join gas monkey garage, boy can paint!

yea i had several black rattlers so went with that - gotta get the hold down apparatus figured out next, got options - all thread, scrap, welder, let the fabrimakshuns begin!!!

• Like 1