TheIntimidator1066

More power from 1066

I have a 1066 do not use it for farming only local tractor pulls and was looking for about 250 to 260 horse what would be best, there is no horsepower limit just a speed limit of 5 mph . I was going to turn pump all the way up and bigger turbo what else would I may need to look at

Clutch, torque. Most if they are good will hold up to 400, but you will find out in a short order if they are not in good condition. This question has been asked quite often, and Google search will help you along with all the free to do modifications to the pump settings. 

You can full fuel , then the droop and torque settings , at stock rpms it will make 280 hp to 300 hp . 5 mph is darn slow so it will be tough with that much power .

Danny 

Ok thanks I have looked on about every site on google about  1066’s about power.  The pull  was talking about bumping speed limit up to 10 mph what would be best to change then if other people started changing stuff to get way more power because they changed the speed limit I’m guessing they would go to prob 350 or 425 being most, I just wasn’t sure after turbo and fuel what else to do. In My small town we farm mostly and aren’t into crazy horsepower so we aren’t really familiar 

If you are getting 300hp out of a stock fuel system 1066, it's pretty much maxed out. You can get more with bigger injectors and pump. Your turbo will be plenty for stock fuel, but bumping up to a 3Lm466 wouldn't hurt you. Although some people state they lose bottom end grunt with a 3Lm with stock fuel. If no one else is running big injectors and pumps, it's going to be a fun class. Best thing you can do is check your rear tire pressure and make sure they are exactly the same, and get it ballast out right with a good hitch. When it comes down to it, traction to h.p. is going to win every time. Get your tractor matched to the track, and you are going to perform. P.s. when your nose comes up, your hitch drops, thus losing down force on the hitch and loss of traction.