Sign in to follow this  
FarmerFixEmUp

Wide Track 3594

A customer of mine has been looking for an older MFD tractor for manure hauling etc. Found this 3594 on an auction with the tires all spread out. Talked to the owner and he did it to match his sprayer tracks. Looks awful hard on steering knuckles and rear axle bearings to me.It has been returned to the way it was when he bought it though. 

Think this one will be passed up. 

https://www.equipmentfacts.com/listings/farm-equipment/auctions/online/194977713/case-ih-3594?gtmlt=1&_ga=2.15087734.1134520193.1595879093-91073617.1546298523

CASE IH 3594 at EquipmentFacts.com

• Like 2

A few around me tried that to run 120" with sprayers...............Might be a tad better with that case MFD, but I do know it is not a good idea with Deere's older front ends.  

Not to worry, with 500 gallon of water in the 3pt sprayer, the front end pretty much was floating anyway.....😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

A few around me tried that to run 120" with sprayers...............Might be a tad better with that case MFD, but I do know it is not a good idea with Deere's older front ends.  

Wasn’t a great idea with the rear end either as some friends of mine found out after using a super wide 4440 as an sp sprayer for some years.  Took the wheel bearings out.

With the front of an MFD that wide the tie rod ends will take a real beating if the MFD is engaged.  

1 minute ago, Gearclash said:

Wasn’t a great idea with the rear end either as some friends of mine found out after using a super wide 4440 as an sp sprayer for some years.  Took the wheel bearings out.

With the front of an MFD that wide the tie rod ends will take a real beating if the MFD is engaged.  

These were big frame tractors(48's and 49's) and I am sure they were heavier, but either way it isn't something I would do myself.  These guys were using pull type sprayers, just needed 120" for hillsides with 90 ft booms.  Again, I wouldn't do it, but that is me.  

We ran spools on the 7240 for years to do our respraying. The worst thing was that 16.9 fronts and 18.4 rear duals all on 30" centers still do a lot of Firestone damage to corn. I am sure I am hard on our 3330 sprayer as I have not narrowed it down as it has adjustable tread on the go. With the sidehills I will "soil" the seat if it's not widened out. 

I only question the wisdom of considering a 94 series Case for anything in this day and age. Pretty much a disposable tractor as I understand it. Can't get any drivetrain parts.

Get it cheap, use it hard, and if anything breaks, send it off to the salvage yard.

When we run those wheel spacers on the old box car Magnums the axel seals would leak , not sure on those 94 series Cases .

Danny

24 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I only question the wisdom of considering a 94 series Case for anything in this day and age. Pretty much a disposable tractor as I understand it. Can't get any drivetrain parts.

Get it cheap, use it hard, and if anything breaks, send it off to the salvage yard.

I have 3 setting on lot right now for transmission repairs / or rebuild +1 more that farm is still using it for pto power unit till we can get it in...........sigh

3 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I found him a 5488 MFD a few weeks back with coolant in the oil. Seemed like a decent tractor but I asked the owner if it had the sentry box he said he didn't know. I asked him to take pictures inside the compartment and he sent me these. He said it had some rewiring done. Decided to pass on that one too. 

IMG_4456.jpg.a7d6f1095a0e359b133ea4e0062100bb.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg.0449867349dff2d75f738259a9189d25.jpg

• Sad 1