Sign in to follow this  
Webco

IH 434 Lift Arm Hydraulic Issues

I'm having issues with the hydraulics related to the lift arms on a '69 IH 434. It had a hydraulic leak around the Fast/Slow valve, which I hope has been repaired. Last time I used the tractor is work great bush hogging without issues. It was parked afterwards and nothing else done with it. The hydraulic fluid level has been checked.

When I go to lift the arms, the engine boggs down slightly and the return line flexes. Not sure whats going on exactly, I've looked things over and don't see any obvious issues. This is my first exposure to a 434. I grew up around the 806 and 1086 models, but nothing this size. Any help of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adavance!

I don't know if I can help, but I have a 434 with a loader. I don't know if there plumbed the same, but it makes a difference on mine, where the 3 point is located  and the control lever for the 3 point. I have 2 valves in front of the seat, and one has to be open and the other closed. If both are closed at the same time, it will act like you say. Once I have switched the valves to activate the loader, I have to have the 3 point physically down off of high limit some, and after I switch the valves, I have to pull the 3 point lever up to full lift, to get the loader activated. So in short, try lowering your 3 point arms some, and then see if it makes a difference to move the 3 point lever. The valves in front of the seat, are what separate the loader from the 3 point. They both will not work at the same time, on mine anyway.

If that doesn't help, you will have to find someone with more knowledge in that than me.