IH 1456

farmerk

I had been reading about some of the old IH tractors on AgTalk, and was suggested I come over here

My grandpa had a 1456...
I ran that alot when I was in high school
I don't remember why it left, but would like to find it again if it exists
SN 13468

been checking ads and posts without success

thanks

bryon

Yes, welcome. Searches like this are a long shot but have been successful for some in the past. Any other information or telltales about that machine of your Grandfather’s like @stronger800 said would be a big help. I believe @Long Farms keeps track of serial numbers for 1456 tractors. Hopefully he will see this.  

Welcome! Good luck in finding it! Finding a former family tractor is a great achievement and experience I will tell you first hand! Having the serial number is a great start. Hopefully some information it’s whereabouts can be had here.

Good luck in your search, it amazes me how these old family tractors tug at your heart , I have been lucky enough to keep most of our relics around.  - a 1206 I should have never let go

Welcome,  Great Bunch of People on this site,   We have a 1456,   I value the family history of our tractor,  It's a 1456 to anyone else.

I hope your dream comes true!!

Jim Droscha

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies

I wish I had a pix of the tractor...had the angled doors and not the ice cream cab...

The only pix I have which I am attaching is a copy of the credit card registration .... which was found and given to me by a friend of mine while cleaning out files at the dealership....always struggled with spelling our name...but it is all I have, and what helped me start this quest....

Thanks

bryon

grandpa's 1456.jpg

• Like 2

I neglected to add to my pix....

Tractor was bought new in east central Illinois from IH dealer in Arthur, and would have been traded either in Arthur, IL or Monticello, IL when it left....

thanks again

bryon

Now you are on the trail. Chances are McFaddens sold it in one of their auctions. They may have  info on it

19 hours ago, stronger800 said:

How long ago was it spotted at that auction?  Macfaddens is semi local, I don't think I've seen many 1456's there, ever, but there was one just last year I believe 

I think he said last year on Facebook