sandhiller

Coin shortage

49 minutes ago, ray54 said:

Then they wanted it unrolled to make sure what countries coins you had.

I don't know if it still works but there was a good exchange rate on Australian 1 cent coins your way in the 1970s.

They worked in your 10cent parking meters

• Haha 1

New pennies are only copper clad zinc.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, augercreek said:

New pennies are only copper clad zinc.

When I was a kid a great many of the pennies in circulation were steel, minted during the war. They slowly disappeared. Of course then a penny could actually buy something now they're just change for the stuff marked, say, $2.99, to fool us that it's not 3 bucks! I'm not sure they really serve any purpose other than that now. 

As far as tracking what  and where you spend yes, not necessarily tinfoil hat stuff but marketing for sure. When you start Googling information on an item to buy it advertisements start showing up on your screen for that item the next day. Could it be used for nefarious purposes? Yes, probably. If you start researching how to join a terrorist group and make bombs you are likely to end up on someone's watch list. 

7 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

I don't know if it still works but there was a good exchange rate on Australian 1 cent coins your way in the 1970s.

They worked in your 10cent parking meters

10cent parking meters?? What decade are you living in? LOL  Sorry Ian, I couldn't help myself. I don't think you have been able to park for less than a quarter in this millennium. It's hard for me to say, I haven't fed one in a decade at least. The last time I did it was eating quarters. Probably all plastic now. That's a good story though 

A coworker was talking about the coin shortage last week i pulled some nickels out of my pocket and said "I got two nickels i'll sell for a dollar" he said "Wow thats a good deal......for you"

• Haha 1

If  it would happen to go to using cards what is a fellow to do that won't use and can't get a  credit card. I use cash only and every penny I earn is very much needed.

• Like 1

Just wait until the election is over.

After the heads of the Dem's explode, Covid, coin shortages, BLM, etc., etc, will all be history.

Maybe all the problem children in Congress will be gone. Wishful thinking!

We can then get back to something as trivial as an impeachment process.

Ah, for the good old days!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

After the heads of the Dem's explode, Covid, coin shortages, BLM, etc., etc, will all be history.

I pray you're right, except of course for impeachment. Just imagine how well off we'd be if Pelosi and her gang hadn't got in in 2018.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

But what happens when the peace loving BLM cities each vote the graveyard x 10. The only good thing will be thinking of Bloomberg feeding them all with his farming skill. As we are lead out behind the barn and treated like Stalin treated his farmers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

10cent parking meters?? What decade are you living in? LOL  Sorry Ian, I couldn't help myself. I don't think you have been able to park for less than a quarter in this millennium. It's hard for me to say, I haven't fed one in a decade at least. The last time I did it was eating quarters. Probably all plastic now. That's a good story though 

Well it was in the mid-1970's - back when 10 cents ws worth something.  We no longer get 1 and 2 cent coins

• Like 1

Okay, now I'm mad. 

Wife went to dollar general to buy a charger cord and a pack of gum. 

Girl gave her the total of $12.34 and wife got correct change out.

Wait a minute, girl hit a couple of buttons and said that'll be $13 even. 

What in The flyin' Frank🤬

I don't care if the 66 cent donation my wife was forced to spend goes to the families of fallen soldiers. 

That donation will be made at our discretion. (and it is)

If there is such a coin shortage, why didn't they take her coinage? (DUH!)

Thought it would never happen here, not in outback flyover Cherry County Nebraska. 

Never say never, the chicken just laid it's rotten egg full of pig poop on my doorstep. 

This BS has got to stop

751895131_coinshortageroundup.jpg.2ae90979389e7cf777bbe6f07c96509d.jpg

She will not be going back to Dollar Commie General. 

They just lost one customer to be followed by many because I don't know anyone out here that will put up with that horse sh!t. 

Any business that goes lockstep with this draining abscess of a bureaucracy deserves to go out of business. 

Glad I'm not in the truck, think I'll go have a beer......................... or more. 

Whew, I feel better. Sorry for the rant. Heart rate going down, beer, down, beer, down, beer, normal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Okay, now I'm mad. 

Wife went to dollar general to buy a charger cord and a pack of gum. 

Girl gave her the total of $12.34 and wife got correct change out.

Wait a minute, girl hit a couple of buttons and said that'll be $13 even. 

What in The flyin' Frank🤬

I don't care if the 66 cent donation my wife was forced to spend goes to the families of fallen soldiers. 

That donation will be made at our discretion. (and it is)

If there is such a coin shortage, why didn't they take her coinage? (DUH!)

Thought it would never happen here, not in outback flyover Cherry County Nebraska. 

Never say never, the chicken just laid it's rotten egg full of pig poop on my doorstep. 

This BS has got to stop

751895131_coinshortageroundup.jpg.2ae90979389e7cf777bbe6f07c96509d.jpg

She will not be going back to Dollar Commie General. 

They just lost one customer to be followed by many because I don't know anyone out here that will put up with that horse sh!t. 

Any business that goes lockstep with this draining abscess of a bureaucracy deserves to go out of business. 

Glad I'm not in the truck, think I'll go have a beer......................... or more. 

Whew, I feel better. Sorry for the rant. Heart rate going down, beer, down, beer, down, beer, normal. 

It’s happened here too...

I asked if paying for a diet my dew in nickels would help them out.

big ol negative red rider lol

again I believe it’s all made to stir us common people up.  At least I hope

2 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

It’s happened here too...

I asked if paying for a diet my dew in nickels would help them out.

big ol negative red rider lol

again I believe it’s all made to stir us common people up.  At least I hope

I think you're right. Otherwise why won't they take all the coins you can give 'em???

Something smells........................

What's a flying Frank?

• Haha 1

did they charge tax $$$ on the donation which will go in their pocket...!

scam bay charges tax unless seller blocks it  they round up ALL the decimals   round down to pay per govt authority. and then keep the handling $ on the inflated .millions per week....

57 minutes ago, MTO said:

What's a flying Frank?

As you know, W T F can be filled in with a different words. 🤔

Certain words are more commonly used. (especially for the "F") 😲

They also can get me in trouble when in mixed company. 😬

So, when I am around women and children and some more sensitive types, I send in ol' "flyin' Frank". 😉

Frank keeps me from getting walloped up along side the head by my wife. 🤕

Or watching the more sensitive types spit up their beanie weanies. 🤯 

So, flyin Frank is kinda the peace keeper in my convoluted conversations. 😇

Clear as mud? 🤪  😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mmi said:

did they charge tax $$$ on the donation which will go in their pocket...!

scam bay charges tax unless seller blocks it  they round up ALL the decimals   round down to pay per govt authority. and then keep the handling $ on the inflated .millions per week....

No, that is the one thing I looked for. It was included in the total but they did not charge sales tax on the gum or forced "donation". 

I do t know how true it is but somewhere I read that if you offer to pay with cash, and they refuse, you are able to take said item. 
I would understand their frustrations if you tried to pay with a goat and a dozen apples I guess.

i would try this and have “a guy on a tractor forum says it’s ok”, but to each their own!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MTO said:

What's a flying Frank?

Hot dog with wings.😎

• Haha 1

I was told since cash says right on it leagal tender for all debts, if store refuses legal tender then you owe nothing. Also was told if its posted on their door they dont take cash then you cant get by with that. I dont know whats true, but its interesting.

A friend of mine is branch manager at a US Bank in north Lincoln . I asked her about the coin shortage a few days ago . 
Her reply was  , 

How much do you want?

So once again some jerk wad imbecile derelict on social media starts a rumor and the sheep follow it right off a cliff. 

• Like 2

? IIRC they are accepting cash  ,just diverting your right to the change due.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:50 AM, New Englander said:

When I was a kid a great many of the pennies in circulation were steel, minted during the war. They slowly disappeared. Of course then a penny could actually buy something now they're just change for the stuff marked, say, $2.99, to fool us that it's not 3 bucks! I'm not sure they really serve any purpose other than that now. 

As far as tracking what  and where you spend yes, not necessarily tinfoil hat stuff but marketing for sure. When you start Googling information on an item to buy it advertisements start showing up on your screen for that item the next day. Could it be used for nefarious purposes? Yes, probably. If you start researching how to join a terrorist group and make bombs you are likely to end up on someone's watch list. 

I enjoy throwing curves, such as browsing at the Neiman Marcus  website.  You would be amazed at the trash advertising that you will receive after Google starts tracking and trafficking in your  history.  Anything you do online or using a credit/debit card is carefully scrutinized not necessarily by the BAD OLD GOVERNMENT!  We started losing or privacy when the first telephone line was strung to the neighbors house..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mmi said:

? IIRC they are accepting cash  ,just diverting your right to the change due.

Not in my wife's case. She had the correct change. They wouldn't except it and rounded up to the next even dollar amount. 

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Not in my wife's case. She had the correct change. They wouldn't except it and rounded up to the next even dollar amount. 

She should have threw a fit and if the wanted an even number it should have went in her favor

• Like 1