sandhiller

Coin shortage

Heard on the news today this country is facing a serious coin shortage.

Sorry.............

E236B9AB-9C9B-4C23-A224-6E1335F54C24.thumb.jpeg.32665b5ee109da2fd23f4ac72ac38a02.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have 3 or 4 old 3lb coffee cans full of pocket change.

Maybe I'm the cause of it!  😜

• Haha 1

No its not you, my wife has all the coins in the ash tray of her car.....

• Haha 1

Here we go again. Jars of coins to hold down all the toilet paper.

• Haha 2

Not to hijack, but when this virus stuff hit, a few people looked horrified when I went to pay for something with cash. Like I pulled a steaming fresh turd out of my wallet and tried to hand it to them. I guess I would have felt the same if I lived in a hot spot like NYC was.

Now, I suppose with everyone paying for everything with their cards, change jars have swelled and cash is either turned in or sitting in peoples sock drawers. But I am just paranoid enough to think that this change shortage is contrived so people can be tracked by their card useage.

So.... I pulled a bunch of cash and change out... stocked up on everything, paying with exact change.... and won't have to shop anywhere but the local farm produce stands until September. 

• Like 7

Just a push towards a cashless economy, digital money is much easier for the powers that be to track how much you make and how much you spend when and where.

• Like 6

The news story said that when Covid crap hit. A lot of the businesses that normally handle a lot of coinage shut down so no coins going back to banks from them.

Tracking by plastic or cashless economy is just as plausible. 

I dunno what to believe anymore.

Think I'll go down the river this afternoon. Beers in the cooler so won't need neither money nor mask.

Those who feel the need can rearrange the twist in their panties, I will be worry free😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Friend of my wife's said the walmart she uses in Portage county Ohio is NOT giving change. They give you two choices, plastic card or they will donate the equivalent of the change they should've given you back to the charity of THEIR choice. Prolly BLM, hmmmmm? 

So sad to see, after walmart ran all their competition out of business by selling chink junk, now they're trying to dictate all aspects daily life, (forced face diapers as of

7-20-20, and now this no change s**t. Way to much power over the willing sheeple. I fear we've all but lost our country.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Heard on the news today this country is facing a serious coin shortage.

Sorry.............

E236B9AB-9C9B-4C23-A224-6E1335F54C24.thumb.jpeg.32665b5ee109da2fd23f4ac72ac38a02.jpeg

You 

9 minutes ago, The New Number One said:

Friend of my wife's said the walmart she uses in Portage county Ohio is NOT giving change. They give you two choices, plastic card or they will donate the equivalent of the change they should've given you back to the charity of THEIR choice. Prolly BLM, hmmmmm? 

So sad to see, after walmart ran all their competition out of business by selling chink junk, now they're trying to dictate all aspects daily life, (forced face diapers as of

7-20-20, and now this no change s**t. Way to much power over the willing sheeple. I fear we've all but lost our country.

Worries me too. Too much crap going on from to many angles to not connect some dots. If we go cashless overregulation and tracking is my fear. Forget about a small part time on the side business such as selling eggs or produce to friends/ neighbors. Powers that be will want their share and oh by the way have you jumped thru all the saftey hoops and regulations? Have you been inspected? Have you paid all the fees for permit x y z?  Why are you buying so much amo and so many guns? Any purchase will be open for taxation and regulation should they so chose. Could be next thing to slavery for all simply by tracking and regulating what and if we can buy. I know that sounds like tinfoil hat stuff to some and i would have agreed 6 months ago...now im not so sure. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If all currency were to be digitized the populace would be easier to control, don’t have your digital health certificate showing you’ve had the latest vaccination, no shopping for you, no food, no gas, no entry anywhere, papers please !

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, barkoguru said:

If all currency were to be digitized the populace would be easier to control, don’t have your digital health certificate showing you’ve had the latest vaccination, no shopping for you, no food, no gas, no entry anywhere, papers please !

Exactly

• Like 3

4 hours ago, barkoguru said:

Um.....yes, I guess you could be right.  But....

Our currency isn't digitized.  Who (other than perhaps you) claims it is?

If we want to play a game of "what if" terrible scenarios based on "what if's" would be endless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, barkoguru said:

Know your history.  Barter came before coins.

Not forgotten - there is a recent book called "20 chickens for a saddle"

It must be Trumps fault somehow . He must have them all stashed at the White House somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

If we want to play a game of "what if" terrible scenarios based on "what if's" would be endless.

Did I claim it was digitized now ? No I didn’t, don’t attempt to put words in my mouth.

Is there a push to make cash obsolete, absolutely there is.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not but we’ve had some pretty restrictive rules slapped on us over “what if’s” here lately.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Know your history.  Barter came before coins.

Not forgotten - there is a recent book called "20 chickens for a saddle"

Well, let’s all try to barter at the DMV, tax office, doctors office, gas station, pharmacy, etc, etc .

34 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

No one cliamed it was, YET. But a recent article i read claimed one of the mega banks was pushing to go all digital currency. Yes i hope it continues to be tinfoil hat stuff but as i said, there are things i considered tinfoil 6 months ago and no longer seem so much so.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, barkoguru said:

Well, let’s all try to barter at the DMV, tax office, doctors office, gas station, pharmacy, etc, etc .

Well when nil-fossil fuel cuts in there won't be enough power to run the systems they expect -  will there?

13 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Well when nil-fossil fuel cuts in there won't be enough power to run the systems they expect -  will there?

Welcome to the green new deal.

86E38E51-9666-4022-AAB4-9F1E4410E3C6.jpeg

• Like 1

coins have been short here for 6 weeks they have 1 cash line and no change in wally world

3 actual checkers and 20 serve your self card only lines

sams went 99% self help/ checkout.

the other stores are too far ,,close even earlier than 6pm or have nothing from nothing on shelf at 40% inflated $$. milk and meat are at 10% stock

all electronic $ has been a push for 10 years ,just another never waste a crisis to push the agenda on the cidiotes as it is 100% track and punish applicable.

if you do your slave labor today you will get 3 credits toward meal and room, ooh wait that is 2 deducted for pelosi ice cream

currently banks are closing 1-3% of the branches,  app/  on phone pay requires no human

and the largest gas and oil firms are cutting 25%> of workforce,so as I said 2 months back whom will have $$ and what will be open to use it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=national+coin+crisis&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS520US570&oq=national+coin&aqs=chrome.5.0j69i57j0l4.12874j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

month old news

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS520US570&ei=jNkcX_bDEsugytMP3NeKkAM&q=oil+industry+layoffs&oq=oil+indu&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgGMgUIABCxAzIECAAQQzICCAAyBQgAELEDMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgcIABBHELADOgUIABCRAjoLCC4QsQMQxwEQowI6AgguOggIABCxAxCDAToICC4QsQMQkQI6BwguELEDEEM6BwgAELEDEENQhRVYnCtg9V1oA3AAeACAAWWIAfAEkgEDNy4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=psy-ab

https://www.americanbanker.com/tag/layoffs

again old news

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS520US570&ei=39kcX_7KLPilytMPpLe6gAE&q=banking+layoffs&oq=banking&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgQIABBDMgQIABBDMgQIABBDMgcIABCxAxBDMgQIABBDMgQIABBDMgQIABBDMgUIABCxAzICCAAyAggAOgYIABAWEB46BQguELEDOggILhDHARCvAToLCC4QsQMQxwEQowI6BAguEEM6DggAEOoCELQCEJoBEOUCOg4ILhDHARCjAhCRAhCTAjoFCAAQkQI6CAgAELEDEIMBOggILhDHARCjAjoKCC4QxwEQowIQQzoHCC4QsQMQQ1DrC1jaMmCaUmgCcAB4AIABjwGIAaIPkgEEMTMuOJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXqwAQbAAQE&sclient=psy-abhttps://www.americanbanker.com/tag/layoffs

Did I claim it was digitized now ? No I didn’t, don’t attempt to put words in my mouth.

Is there a push to make cash obsolete, absolutely there is.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not but we’ve had some pretty restrictive rules slapped on us over “what if’s” here lately.

No Sir you did not.

Why then would you even cite such a scenario if you didn't think it realistic?  I can't think that unless you believed it to be something imminent that you would even raise that possibility?

10 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

No Sir you did not.

Why then would you even cite such a scenario if you didn't think it realistic?  I can't think that unless you believed it to be something imminent that you would even raise that possibility?

I do believe that there is a push to go cashless, not an unrealistic possibility at all, imminent, who knows, your words not mine.

😉 Of course it is the government's fault, 😵 I guess could even blame Trump.  The mints closed down with the stay at home orders and no new coin was produced since back in March.

In the last 20 years has been a pain to get change back to the banks around here. First they wanted it all rolled,and they put it on a scale. Then they wanted it unrolled to make sure what countries coins you had. Then they wanted to charge you to put it in their coin sorting machine.

But with the news story on the mint being closed a regional bank in I think MN was giving you $5 bonus for every $100 of change you brought in.

😉 But do your math, the "Old Man" on Pawn Stars was saving pennies by the bucket. Going to melt them as scrap copper was worth 2 cents for a penny.🤣 But of course that is illegal as it defaces US currency.🤣

Welcome to the green new deal.

86E38E51-9666-4022-AAB4-9F1E4410E3C6.jpeg

Wow!  Air conditioned!