MTO

You could get killed

Doing this!

Lawn tractor demo derby?

No thank you!

Screenshot_20200725-120114_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Combine Derby LOOKS so much safer, but I think that any kind of Derby could be dangerous...

I got to see a combine derby in Waterloo Illinois  quite a few years ago ,It was something to see for sure.

• Like 1

You gotta get out of the house MTO!    Have combine derby, riding lawnmower derby and have also had swather soccer in the past.  

• Like 1

Not a big fan of any demo derby. Just bashes up a bunch of potential parts machines...or in my case something new to me i would have used. 😆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Combine Derby LOOKS so much safer, but I think that any kind of Derby could be dangerous...

Even roller derby is dangerious.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

I got to see a combine derby in Waterloo Illinois  quite a few years ago ,It was something to see for sure.

Our County fair has held several combine demo derbys over the last 15 years. A few other counties did it a few times too, but our fair has kinda stuck with it. Was supposed to be one this year i think until our fair got cancelled because of Covid restrictions and the works. 

Attendance to any "Derby" would be greatly increased if advertisements for such were widely tacked up on Walmart bulletin boards.

I can’t believe those guys are not wearing mask’s , those a holes are putting everyone else at risk . I have never seen such  blatant lack of  responsibility in my life , 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Attendance to any "Derby" would be greatly increased if advertisements for such were widely tacked up on Walmart bulletin boards.

You must really have a miserable existence to constantly hate on people....

I'm not a huge fan of needlessly smashing stuff up, but it is a bit of a guilty pleasure getting some "revenge" for always having to repair stuff and take care of it......and instead intentionally destroying it.   Derbies are really an art if you look into it.....

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Probably worse than we would like to know.  Tillie the troll.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

I'm not a huge fan of needlessly smashing stuff up, but it is a bit of a guilty pleasure getting some "revenge" for always having to repair stuff and take care of it......and instead intentionally destroying it.   Derbies are really an art if you look into it.....

LOL.  My "existence" is just fine.  How did "hate' arrive into this?  I made an IMHO comment.  

Could I be wrong?  Yes.

Could I be correct?  Also yes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Not a big fan of any demo derby. Just bashes up a bunch of potential parts machines...or in my case something new to me i would have used. 😆

the guys to beat at the Cherry Co Fair Demo Derby each year have been running the same two cars for the last I'll bet twenty years. Not sure of the rules but it is not a "no weld" or something like that. 

These same two black cars come back each year, can't tell what they were originally. not a straight piece of tin on 'em. But they get ganged up on and still kick butt. Lot of money and "technology" in these cars to come back year after year. 

Iowaboy, I'm with you, hate to see the old ones go down like this, Don't think there are even any Imperials, LTD's, Crown Vics, Impala's, toronado's etc. left anymore. The list could go on. Big Detroit Iron at it's best in a less than respectful demise. 

what about school bus figure 8 races now theres some slow entertainment 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

The one Combine Derby that I ever got to see, in Montana!, had combines being Derbied nicer than what I was going to go home to!!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

The one Combine Derby that I ever got to see, in Montana!, had combines being Derbied nicer than what I was going to go home to!!

Not around here.

The combine you see a lot of around here in the derbys is Massey Ferguson. Until i went to one of these i didn't know there were that many Massey's around combine wise. Reading around on them i understand why there not many of them in the field and everyone is smashing them up. Better used as a battering ram than a actual harvester. After that it's the ancient gleaners, older than dirt Deeres. Going up to 6600/7700. Hardly see a red one and the newest I've seen is a 815. Never a axial flow. 

i went and watched one of these a few years ago it was more entertaining to watch the drivers fight in the parking lot after they got done. I seen a state trooper smack one big ol boy with a mag light needless to say he stopped acting a fool

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 88power said:

i went and watched one of these a few years ago it was more entertaining to watch the drivers fight in the parking lot after they got done. I seen a state trooper smack one big ol boy with a mag light needless to say he stopped acting a fool

I too have seen drivers fight after an event.  I used to attend numerous SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) as well as dirt track races.  Both groups of drivers primarily own their own cars and, like many weekend warriors, take their hobby seriously.  A bump here and there causes all kinds of friction after an event.  A very good friends father was a former collegiate quarterback and always provided me with a pit pass.  The dad most always exuded a quiet confidence and was always very calm prior to a race.  A different story after a race.  Dad spent major dollars on his hobby and was very high strung after a race. Dad had a particularly fierce competition with a rival from Tulsa, OK and if the two (2) happened to bump during a race, generally always there were words and from time to time a few blows in the pit area after a race. These two (2) generally were in the top five (5) in the regional SCCA standings.  I found out later the rivalry extended back years as the two (2) played collegiate football together for opposing teams in the same conference.  

Dirt track racers had a different mentality and liked to drink beer before and after the event. A few blows after an event and then more beer with a wait until next week attitude.  At one time there was a regular circuit with points standings but unfortunately the younger generation was uninterested and the circuit died for lack of interest.  The figure (8) races were brutal.