I'm trying to get a 1976 Hough H65C payloader with an International DT414 engine running after many years of not. I have replaced the sleeves and pistons. Complete valve job.

New turbo. Injector pump rebuilt. Injectors tested. ( test a little high but all consistent). Will not start without starting fluid. Will eventually stay running but not well. Have timed @

15BTDC as per specs. Have also tried other timing settings. Does not want to start on it's own, runs rough, smokes a lot.  Would appreciate any help.

There are smarter people than me on here.  But I think you are off   180 degerees  on your timing.  And I forget how to correct it but it is simple as taking the cover off the front side of the injector pump and slide the gear off and   rotating the engine  or the pump a turn and I forget which.  

There is a thread on the General section on it to do it right.

Pump can still be off 180 as drive gear turns at engine speed while head and rotor turn half of that due to internal gearing. Just line up pump timing marks. Remove the three bolts holding gear on. Rotate pump driveshaft one full turn. Align marks. Install and tighten bolts. Make sure that degree timing is correct on dampener or flywheel of course 

Are you sure it’s bled out? Pump hand primer to get air out of lines and hose to pump. Put throttle at wide open for excess fuel. Crank engine. You can hear the pump clatter when it injects fuel. 

I seen a tractor do this after putting a reman case ih pump on it. Turns out pump was off, i came in at the end of the mess (other guy quit in the middle of the job) and pretty much had to clean it up. It was a brand new engine also and i didn't ever think it quit smoking after but it did clean up 90% i thought for sure he washed the rings