Sign in to follow this  
NeilLarson

574 paint codes

Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for some time but this is my first post. I'm restoring a 1973 574 my Dad passed on to me (runs perfectly but needs paint) and have been looking for the paint codes for these World Wide Series tractors made in Doncaster UK. I think that the red colour for the Word Wide Series tractors was more orange in colour than the paint used on previous releases.

Although we didn't have any new tractors on our farm until I left to go to university, my uncle had a new 454 and I remember the paint being distinctly different to previous IH tractors. I have purchased an original UK sales brochure for the 74 series and the colours in that are definitely more orange/red than gloss red.

The closest colour match I can find in any International paint code references is the Flame Red 2289, although I'm aware that this was used in the US on trucks and Scouts, and perhaps not tractors.

I've posted on two of the UK IH groups, and although the members have been helpful they don't have any paint codes. Can anyone here shed some light on this?

Thanks,

neil.

IMG_9378.JPG

IH-574.jpg

I believe it should be 2150 Red and 935 for the cream color.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I'm taking the fuel tank to my local spray painter for a colour match tomorrow. The area between the fuel tank and the mudguard hasn't seem light, dust, rain or dirt for37 years and the paint looks perfect. It will be interesting to see what the colour match is!