I have a '67 500 with a gas engine...which needs to be bored and new pistons/rings installed.  I'm toying with the idea of swapping for a BD-154 as all my other equipment is diesel.  Thoughts?  Availability of an engine?  Since both the 144 and 154 were used in these machines, I shouldn't require much to adapt.  Are the 144's as hard starting as everyone claims (must use glow plugs every time)?

I've had a Chinese Rhino crawler for over 20 years.  I has a glow plug that is worthless because the wire going to it is twisted off merely by its installation.  One shot of ether just prior to cranking it has done the trick for all those years.

Vic

acbjohn, Thanks for your email reference undercarriages.  Now I see this post you are looking for the BD 154 engine.  I would like to suggest that you go into the archives  and review my thread started July 17 2016 you will find a very good read and details of the engine I have for you. I am not real savvy about negoiating these forums.  In the past I got involved in private emails mixed in with posts and the trail/thread  got very confusing. I'm now going to try and find the post where a gentleman offered the possibilty of having some parts for the reversers.  I am also going to try to get myself better educated on the use of this site so bear with me please.

Hi acbjohn,

Yes, you need to use the glow plugs on startup but I have had several of them over the years and they are good starters.  I also have a good running BD154 available out of a 500 crawler.  Give me a call to discuss - Andy at (204)232-6241.