Suitcase weight prices

Are suitcase weights still bringing a $1.00/lb or more these days?  

Weights in question are the 88 large handle with flat bottom, also there is a weight bracket and hold down hardware for it .

TIA, Matt

5 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Are suitcase weights still bringing a $1.00/lb or more these days?  

Weights in question are the 88 large handle with flat bottom, also there is a weight bracket and hold down hardware for it .

TIA, Matt

I’m not sure anymore? The last set I bought, I paid $85 a weight, they are the 88 series weights! I tried to get him to $80 because they are green, but he said $85!

When I was in dealer the other day they hand aftermarket 66 series? weights with the L bracket opening for $100 each or$1 a pound.  Not that I have looked buy I would buy every IH weight I could if they were $90 or less.  I am almost certain I could get a return on investment where we are at.

46 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

When I was in dealer the other day they hand aftermarket 66 series? weights with the L bracket opening for $100 each or$1 a pound.  Not that I have looked buy I would buy every IH weight I could if they were $90 or less.  I am almost certain I could get a return on investment where we are at.

Leaders had them for $85 a piece. New repro brackets also

Anytime I need them it is $125 per weight around here, doesn’t matter if it’s 75 or 100lb weight.  
There were a set on Craigslist here in the spring that were probably only 90 each + weight bracket (100lb), but they were not the L style & 75lb which I prefer.

There was a dip in prices a few years back. Pallets of them at an auction, 100lb with IH logos and L-bracket slots, sold in stacks of 10 or 12, couldn't get $65 a weight. The seller bid them in then came to me after and offered them to me at $80 each.

Neighbor down the road sold out. Weights struggled to bring $75 apiece. I bought a stack of 5 oddballs.

Now they're going nuts again. People paying $125 a weight at auctions for any IH weight of any description.

This spring I bought a stack of 100lb Kubota weights for $20 each. They look okay on the 1586; weight is weight.

12 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

$125 a weight at auctions for any IH weight of any description.

I just had some on an auction site, they were non stamped, big handle, with L slot, I couldn’t get $40 a weight! I was expecting at least $75 a piece.

3 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

I just had some on an auction site, they were non stamped, big handle, with L slot, I couldn’t get $40 a weight! I was expecting at least $75 a piece.

Same luck I have if I ever try to sell my oddball weights. I just use the oddballs for temporary weight or loan them out to people who need them for a bit.

Travis

7 hours ago, Sparky said:

Same luck I have if I ever try to sell my oddball weights. I just use the oddballs for temporary weight or loan them out to people who need them for a bit.

Travis

I guess I should have just left them in the corner!! At least had 11 boat anchors if they were still here!