I bought two canopy assemblies  about 15 years ago from a member of RedPower, 756Man,  Mark Mathis from Missouri. He was at the The Southeast Old Threshers Reunion at Denton, NC.  He was having them built near him. Below is his original advertisement for the canopies and his parts business. Also pictures of canopies on my tractors, parts book page for IH ROPS and a brochure picture of a 1066 equipped with ROPS .  I prefer my fenders to be mounted as wide as possible , so I mounted them as seen in pictures instead of bolting them to the "ROPS" frame uprights. There are four bolts , 7/8 inch diameter,  on each frame axle clamp.

Mathis ad (Large) (2).jpg

IMG_2153.JPG

006 (Large).JPG

003 (Large).JPG

004 (Large).JPG

ROPS 001.jpg

scan (Large).jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 7and8and1456 said:

I bought two canopy assemblies  about 15 years ago from a member of RedPower, 756Man,  Mark Mathis from Missouri. He was at the The Southeast Old Threshers Reunion at Denton, NC.  He was having them built near him. Below is his original advertisement for the canopies and his parts business. Also pictures of canopies on my tractors, parts book page for IH ROPS and a brochure picture of a 1066 equipped with ROPS .  I prefer my fenders to be mounted as wide as possible , so I mounted them as seen in pictures instead of bolting them to the "ROPS" frame uprights. There are four bolts , 7/8 inch diameter,  on each frame axle clamp.

Mathis ad (Large) (2).jpg

That's where I bought mine from, too. Looks just like an original. I never mounted my fenders like yours, though. Doesn't seem to be a good way to stabilize the fenders without mounting them direct to the ROPS.

Travis

I have a factory 2 post ROPS on my 1566. Don’t forget guys, ROPS without a seatbelt isn’t safe. ROPS save lives. Today 37 years ago I lost my dad to a tractor ( no ROPS) rollover. Please make seatbelt use with ROPS a habit guys. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, BobinIL said:

Does anyone know if the Iron Bull comes with these brackets?  Also what is bolted to the fender in front of the canopy post?

Fender bracket.jpg

My Saginaw has those brackets welded to the rops. I believe that iornbull took over the Saginaw production if I am not mistaken

12 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

I have a factory 2 post ROPS on my 1566. Don’t forget guys, ROPS without a seatbelt isn’t safe. ROPS save lives. Today 37 years ago I lost my dad to a tractor ( no ROPS) rollover. Please make seatbelt use with ROPS a habit guys. 

Shortly after I did this a local woman got killed I sold my 10 foot bushhog . Now if I can’t get it with batwing and cabbed tractor or maybe spray then it can just go back to the  Indians 

8B4E6823-2C3B-4DE3-B75F-68D0F5BB5EBA.jpeg

22 hours ago, bitty said:

My Saginaw has those brackets welded to the rops. I believe that iornbull took over the Saginaw production if I am not mistaken

Those platform/fender extensions are available lots of places, Riley has respectable set, pretty sure Abilene machine and  ASAP do as well. Our little outfit has them  sourced somewhere. And the correct platforms are available too. If you have a factory cab tractor the platform needs swapped out most times to look correct. If starting with aftermarket cab the platform is usually same as a fender tractor.

ed