I am doing research on factory looking  two post canopy's for my 1066.  who all are making these today besides Iron Bull?  I don't necessarily think I need certified because I no not use this tractor on inclines only tillage.  I have tried to contact Saginaw but their phone is out of service. 

49 minutes ago, BobinIL said:

I am doing research on factory looking  two post canopy's for my 1066.  who all are making these today besides Iron Bull?  I don't necessarily think I need certified because I no not use this tractor on inclines only tillage.  I have tried to contact Saginaw but their phone is out of service. 

Saginaw retired. Iron bull is the only one I know of. They're pricey. I've got one that I had a guy build me that he did a fantastic job but I have lost track of him. He was about to finish my second one and fell off the face of the earth. Luckily i hadnt paid him yet. Mine is just sitting but I've never decided if I want to use it on another one or not yet. This doesnt help you much.... 

20140503_112044_IMG_0210.JPG

20150202_153611_IMG_1293.JPG

20160423_154446_IMG_1739.JPG

• Like 2

I just put an Iron Bull  on my 666.  I picked mine up-- very helpful, made sure I was happy before I drove away.    The weld quality, etc  is excellent- highly recommend these.

I looked around a lot too...forget finding used.   

Iron Bull is certified...and basically the same price as the non-certified ones a few other companies are offering on ebay.    The cost is nothing compared to the peace of mind, even if you don't think you need the safety.  Point blank---if you ever mow roads with the tractor you need a ROPS .  

If you really think you need nothing but some shade...research the "sun shades" at SHOUP.

1 hour ago, BobinIL said:

Just saw someone in wisconsin is selling what appears to be similar to the saginaw sunshades and similar to the one i had made. Not sure what iron bull gets but his tag is 1700.00. To me that's not too bad and I'm sure it's not certified. So I guess it would depend on how much more the iron bulls are? Right now their website shows free shipping until the end of the month. 

I bought 2 from Iron Bull last year and a neighbor bought one at the same time, by buying 3 at one time and picking them up it was cheaper. Should of bought them years ago as the shade is nice on a hot day. They are well made and easy to install and probably as close to original as you will find. About 3 months after we installed these my neighbor had a truck to rear end him on a county road and climb his left rear tire. He swears that if he hadn't installed the canopy on his 856 that he wouldn't be here today, and after helping him repair his tractor I have to agree (he had someone riding with him that day). Well worth the cost for safety.

The Iron Bull ones are nearly identical to the OE style.    Yes, they do require drilling holes in the fenders, unless you have the tires set way out and can mount the fenders to the axle near the outer edge.  This was the hardest part of the process, to decide exactly where to drill the holes to get the fenders to sit right.

Iron Bull is r~ $1900 for their version w/canopy - they have them posted on ebay.  Shipping is a little steep, but unfortunately typical for the size & weight.   https://www.ebay.com/i/313045465816?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=313045465816&targetid=915708758100&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9021991&poi=&campaignid=10456154083&mkgroupid=100467641981&rlsatarget=aud-412677883135:pla-915708758100&abcId=2146000&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwx9_4BRAHEiwApAt0zlV7EMYokyO3CpqsMsayLXy1JgN4uY9srSBXJUF7j0qDLOdvPZGCYBoCDTgQAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Do the ones from iron bull require drilling holes in the fenders anywhere? 

Pretty certain they all do...unless you have factory ROPS fenders.

Travis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Does Ed Leaman still build them?

As of a few years ago it sounded like he was getting some made someone other than iornbull

4 minutes ago, Vanstractors said:

Ed  has them they bolt together like original here are my three .Have another to go on a 15.I prefer them .

IMG_5290 (1).JPG

966.jpg

Awesome tractor lineup

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Vanstractors said:

Ed  has them they bolt together like original here are my three .Have another to go on a 15.I prefer them .

IMG_5290 (1).JPG

Any pics of the base? The base seems to be the big difference between a sunshade and a rollbar...certified or not.

Great looking tractors, btw.

Travis

I have one of the economy versions of the Iron bull canopy and can gets pics of that version. I got it at too good of a deal to pass up or I would have gotten the factory style. 

Ed's are the same as factory design but are not certified. 

Same design, everything bolts the same between the two (from what I remember).

They are a very nice setup.

We have an original IH roll bar here we had gotten several years ago but never put on. It does not have a canopy though. 

8 hours ago, 885 said:

I have one of the economy versions of the Iron bull canopy and can gets pics of that version. I got it at too good of a deal to pass up or I would have gotten the factory style. 

The iron bull economy ROPS is the best looking non-factory style ROPS ever made. With a canopy, and painted red, you could not tell the difference from 20' away. This is from their website:

image.png.bfc66f837efc6581ce0db929c5d22aff.png

20 hours ago, BobinIL said:

One thing to check into is there are some agencies that will cost share if you get a certified rops. My state farm bureau will give 500 bucks for the purchase of a certified roll bar, but a dealership has to install it. But still the dealer fee was still way less than the 500 so i still saved money

• Like 2

My rops will allow you to leave the fenders u bolted to axle. The issue is with the rops bolted up I am not sure you can acess the brake drums so easily.  Not sure how factory ones were made. 

BobinIL - if you actually got that....congratulations!   I checked into that this winter - and was told IL has not funded that account, so while its technically supposed to happen, you won't get paid because there is no money.  No money--too busy paying for state employee pensions etc, etc....

• Like 1

These are pics of Ed,s canopy's.The offset one is for the 1566 to clear the Planetary . These are the closet to original (That I know of) Plus I like dealing with a member of this forum !That being said always more than one way to end up with a nice looking tractor though !These are just what I prefer .

966-3.jpg

1566 -3.jpg

1231171614.jpg

1231171614b.jpg

fender.jpg

fender-2.jpg

• Like 2

Yours looks just like mine. Good and strong at the base. Certified or not, I trust those.

The ones that Saginaw and another place or two were selling aren't anywhere near that strong.

Travis

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Yours looks just like mine. Good and strong at the base. Certified or not, I trust those.

The ones that Saginaw and another place or two were selling aren't anywhere near that strong.

Travis

They had two ones. The one had (4) 5/8" bolts per side. The better one had (just like original) (6) 7/8" bolts (if I remember correctly) per side