Bib Overalls , What to get ?

I have not had a pair since I was a small kid. In order to appear well As  a man in good community standing and be more importantly  agile getting  on and off the Farmall C . I was wondering what was a well dressed and functional bib farmer wearing ? Been looking at the styles , don’t want to keep pulling straps up all the time to my shoulder ,but that may be physique .
I like the pockets ,useful 

what do you recommend?

Carhart,they have several different styles to choose from.

• Like 2

Osh Kosh B Gosh , I don't even know if they are still around, that's what our old hired hand always wore. He always carried a folding ruler and a carpenters pencil in one top pocket a pocket watch in the other and a pouch of Red Man in the back pocket, toughest old bird i ever met.

There’s a Klein  brothers in Ohio Advertisers in farm collectors ,ever tried them ?

My usage for bibs is to wear them over jeans when clearing fencerows of brush and trees and multiflora rose.  The Carharts with the canvas type fabric work well.  Very resistant to thorns and barbed wire, and the “stickery” type weed seeds can be just wiped off.  If you want to put a cell phone in the bib pockets, check for fit.  Also check the size of the side button opening.  The last pair I got could not get my hand into my jeans pocket without unbuttoning the top side button...aggravating!  Side zip legs are nice if you put them on over heavy boots.

I wear bibs nearly every day.  I like the striped Key bibs but they seem to wear out fairly quickly.  May have to go back to Carharts as they last a lot longer.

Carhartt is what I have now. Those roundhouse bibs don’t look bad though after studying the website. I normally wear them when I’m working around the house or in my shop. Don’t actually wear them away from the house much. 

Buddy of mine wears what he calls John Deere bibs, 6030 is his size.

i have worn them off/on for years, used to get hand me downs from my gpa, striped were his only style - got poked fun at a lot wearing them but key, big smith were the brands, cant say i perferred one over teh other. I have solid color blues, striped but all my work ones are carhart brown with elastic suspenders - i have kind of quit wearing them to some degree especially in teh summer due to how hot they are. I wear them exclusively in the winter working outside/cutting wood. I alwasy wear aouto the thighs/knees in the non carhart. I just got some new dickies painters pants will see how i get along with those. 

11 hours ago, 2+2 Guy said:

Round House Bibs. Made in America!

Thanks for the heads up John. I ordered a set earlier. One of my sets is 6-7years old and needs to be burned so now I have a replacement. 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

I wore Round House for many years while working for the DM&IR railroad. Finally wore out the last pair yesterday and chucked them. Bought two pair of Keys earlier this year and they are very comfortable. They have a good selection of leg sizes so no need to hem them up to fit. Yesterday I ordered two pair from Aramark so we'll see how they are. I like bibs because as we age we seem to need bibs when we eat !!!!!

• Haha 1

I used to wear Red Camel bibs in my 20's and 30's. I liked the zipper front pocket.  The last pair I had 25 years ago I carried a black and tan puppy around in the pocket until he outgrew it. Which wasn't very long since he ended up at 120lbs.  When I first got him, my wife and I went to a harvest festival and I had him in the bib pocket as we were walking around. All these teenage girls kept coming up and saying how cute the puppy was and could they kiss him on the nose. It didn't take long before my wife said"give me the puppy!"

• Haha 5
21 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

Buddy of mine wears what he calls John Deere bibs, 6030 is his size.

I can’t never find my size 42 36 must not be to many tall fat guys.

10 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

https://lcking.com/products/low-back

These are made like the old red camels. Low back with a zipper pocket. Pointer brand.

These are good, made in Bristol TN.  I used to wear Liberty, but the last pair I got was made in China junk, didn't fit right or anything.  And I had worn Liberty for years.  Now I buy Key.  Made in Mexico, but they hold up pretty good.  And you can buy 3 cheaper than one from LC King/Pointer.   Not sayin Pointer aren't quality, cause they are.  But bang for the buck, I go with Key.  And I wear their carpenter jeans every day.

3 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I gave up on pants, its bibs or indecent exposure 

I knew you would post here.

• Like 1

So my Roundhouse bibs came today in the mail. No complaints with shipping at all. I got tracking info in my email right away. I went by the fit guide on their website and feel like they are just as advertised fit wise. Time will tell how they last but so far I would buy another pair if I was in the market for some. 

• Like 1