Bought a package deal with some tractors from a neighbor, and I am wondering about the plow and the sickle mower. It looks like the plow is in fairly good condition, it has ih markings on it, but I can't find a tag. The sickle mower has a John Deere belt, but ih guards. I'm not around this vintage much, so any help is appreciated. 

KIMG1639.JPG

KIMG1640.JPG

KIMG1632.JPG

Both look ih to me. I have a couple sickle mowers that are similar. Have seen several model numbers referenced in cl ads and other places. Somebody took the cross bar out of that one and put 3 point pins in the pivot bolt spots. I tried that with one of mine but threw off pto shaft length so i put it back in.

Not very versed in plow models either but would that be a number 8?

• Like 1

Should have IH stamped on them. Plow looks newer than the little genius vintage but i could be wrong. A lot of things could have been replaced and changed out over the years.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I see the plow has the old style ihc logo stamped in it, but couldn't find any other markings besides part numbers. 

4 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Thanks for the help. I see the plow has the old style ihc logo stamped in it, but couldn't find any other markings besides part numbers. 

Think a lot of stuff had model number stenciled on in white paint on that vintage stuff. Usually long faded off.

• Like 1

Minnesota Farmall

Like Iowaboy has said those are both IH.   The mower has been modified by removing the lift handle for the bar,  and adding a hydraulic cylinder.   I have one exactly like it and it too has been modified by my dad years ago.   The hydraulic cylinder addition makes them a joy to use.

GT&T

• Like 2

So, if I'm thinking right, there should have been a way to mount it to the original flat horse shoe shaped bar that should be on the tractor? The tractors I got both have three point conversions on them.

I was confused. I read the title and thought it was about communism and the USSR. Then as I read the post I realized it was the hammer and sickle, not plow and sickle. Thx-Ace 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

So, if I'm thinking right, there should have been a way to mount it to the original flat horse shoe shaped bar that should be on the tractor? The tractors I got both have three point conversions on them.

Yes there is a flat drawbar on the sickle that pivots on bolts where yours has 3 point pins installed. If i remember i will try to get a picture of one of mine tonight.