For the last week or so we have been cutting on a private job, clearing an eight acre pine plantation. I got a chance to talk to the owner last week. He let's disabled veterans hunt on his property. One of the young gentleman was trying to start a wildlife food plot amongst the pine trees where my turn around loop was. I asked him since we had the big dozer right there if he would like us to pop out the stumps inside the loop which would give him at least a half an acre plot. He said that would be awesome, he said I wouldn't be doing it for him but more so for the young veteran that hunts there. I told him I would talk to the boss about it but I pretty much made up my mind that I was going to make this happen no matter what. It was the absolute least I could do for this young man who did two tours in Afghanistan. Anyway, we moved the dozer to the next job and before we loaded it my helper and I made a food plot, with our bosses blessing.

20200720_095449.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

One time during hunting season I saw a truck pulled off on the edge of my woods I noticed it had veteran plates sure enough 50 yards I saw a blind I drove up there old man with a cane and great grand son came out he was Korea vet I gave him my number and told him to call me next time and good luck . 

• Like 3

Damn, great story, good for you, it’ll come back to you, good things always do.

• Like 1