Grandpa’s aviators. He was in the Air Force in WW2 and Korea, I am guessing these are Bausch and Lomb, but I don’t know, he never really did wear corrective glasses until he was quite old, and wore these for decades. It is interesting that they have brown lenses because from what I can find most of the glasses for service men were green lenses. Note the build quality , all soldered joints, original nose pads worn thin, eyebrow pad worn but still there. I had misplaced them years ago, found them in his foot locker, which is mostly filled with my odds and ends. I have the original leather case as well, though it is worn extensively. 

B15C72F7-FE85-41F1-AD00-33C33F307283.jpeg

F6352C1C-6DF8-4538-9AEE-AD896185EF91.jpeg

• Like 9

Pretty cool.  Thanks for sharing

10 minutes ago, MTO said:

A great keepsake.

What will your heirs treasure of yours?

Well they can treasure these, I won’t loose them again! I actually bought a pair from American Optical, comfort cables and brown lenses. I do love em, but they are heavy. I’ve posted them before but I’ll put up a side by side, AO was a maker of the real ones along sid Bausch and Lomb and he the contract for flight glasses before B&L. Ray ban is the civilian branch of B&L and is no longer associated. 
as special as they are to me, I think they were just old sunglasses to gamp, though living through the depression and 2 wars, he took nothing for granted. 

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

, I think they were just old sunglasses to gamp, though living through the depression and 2 wars, he took nothing for granted. 

That is so right..........great find   for your "Heritage Treasures'

Mike

These are my AO “General” 

15EF8AF6-AB2E-40E4-B0B2-C2A1D45B0A6C.jpeg

F1F203C2-F677-4E32-8145-17DCAF76A300.jpeg

7D5083AC-701D-47B9-BC8B-F79B6F527723.jpeg

Do you have the flag presented to your grandma at your grandpas' burial?

Those glasses would look great with it in a presentation box.

229381102_flagcase.jpg.91bf2671ffd7a88e41e5116ec4bf4f82.jpg

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Do you have the flag presented to your grandma at your grandpas' burial?

Those glasses would look great with it in a presentation box.

229381102_flagcase.jpg.91bf2671ffd7a88e41e5116ec4bf4f82.jpg

I do, I don’t have a presentation box but maybe I should. Great idea!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Reminds me of the prison guard in the movie “Cool hand Luke” 

34328A6F-1B81-47FC-B5D0-7AE040EC7030.jpeg.365b6d2916895b4c306df589355178f3.jpeg

The glasses were done to symbolize the devil or having no soul for the movie.

One of my all time favorite movies. That doesn’t mean you don’t have a soul Seth. I’m sure the devil doesn’t have ducks anyhow 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

The glasses were done to symbolize the devil or having no soul for the movie.

One of my all time favorite movies. That doesn’t mean you don’t have a soul Seth. I’m sure the devil doesn’t have ducks anyhow 😊

Depends on who you ask if I have a soul

see? No soul! 

96F16F59-C411-4E2B-9E0C-C470C1BB54F2.jpeg

• Haha 2

Not to hijack completely but I do like keeping things like this from prior generations. My Grandfather brought back a CZ 27 from his time in Germany during WW2. He gave it to me several years before he passed away. For Christmas that year my then girlfriend and now wife had a shadow box made for it so it could be displayed.  The “bring back” papers were rolled up inside the spare magazine pouch on the holster. The picture is him in his uniform. 

53409721-1B32-48FC-A7FE-4314EB350D6F.jpeg

• Like 5

Dad was a wwii/Korea  veteran. Dad passed 25 years ago, just before I came back to the farm. Not many of that generation left. Thx-Ace

22 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Well they can treasure these, I won’t loose them again! I actually bought a pair from American Optical, comfort cables and brown lenses. I do love em, but they are heavy. I’ve posted them before but I’ll put up a side by side, AO was a maker of the real ones along sid Bausch and Lomb and he the contract for flight glasses before B&L. Ray ban is the civilian branch of B&L and is no longer associated. 
as special as they are to me, I think they were just old sunglasses to gamp, though living through the depression and 2 wars, he took nothing for granted. 

Will they inherit a line of backhoes in the tree row? 😇