Need mounting brackets for a Great Bend 660 loader for a CIH 5230

I have a Ford 7710 with a GB 660 loader.  I want to move that tractor to manure spreader duty and put the loader on my CIH Maxxim 5230.  Ideally, I'd keep the loader mount on the Ford in case I ever had to put the loader back on it in the event of the 5230 needing major work done.  Since GB is out of business and bought out by Bush Hog, I called them and basically they just laughed that they haven't had those in several years/no longer available.  I heard they made the 510 loader for CIH but my dealer said they don't offer/can't get the mounting brackets either.  Just wondering if anyone by chance has a mounting bracket for a GB 660 to go on a 4x4 5230.  Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck with the Ford as my loader tractor until I or it dies.  While I'm good at a lot of things, welding and fabrication isn't one of them so I can't just "make one" myself.  It looks pretty involved and would likely cost a pretty penny to hire someone to attempt to make one.  Finding the brackets factory made and ready to mount would be the best scenario.  I called Weingers and MacFaddens and they both said they don't part out loaders.  Thanks for any help/advise! 

Stitzel had a pretty cheap 510 a few years ago. Loader was slightly twisted but the brackets appeared to be ok. Might be cheaper than making a set 

They don't have it anymore.  Or anything else.   Looking like I'm hitting a brick wall on this.

Even though it's not 100% Plan A, perhaps you can hire a fabricator to install the brackets from the 7710 on the 5230, perhaps in a way that you can simply unbolt them and install them back on the 7710 should the 5230 go down.

The work to adapt the brackets can be much simpler than building new ones from scratch.

On 7/20/2020 at 11:24 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

Even though it's not 100% Plan A, perhaps you can hire a fabricator to install the brackets from the 7710 on the 5230, perhaps in a way that you can simply unbolt them and install them back on the 7710 should the 5230 go down.

The work to adapt the brackets can be much simpler than building new ones from scratch.

There's quite a difference between the two tractors, but you're right it would be a lot easier to try to adapt what I have than starting with a blank piece of paper (or in this case steel).  Sure would be nice to find the mounts but it isn't looking good.

2 minutes ago, Snowmad said:

There's quite a difference between the two tractors, but you're right it would be a lot easier to try to adapt what I have than starting with a blank piece of paper (or in this case steel).  Sure would be nice to find the mounts but it isn't looking good.

Yeah, probably not going to find anything but a complete loader with the brackets.

That said the two tractors may not be all that different. On these modern loaders the brackets usually start with a big plate that bolts down the side of the tractor tying the front bolster to the bell housing, then the loader brackets bolt to that. Those plates preserve the front-to-back spacing of the brackets. If the tractors are roughly the same width and you can get one hole to line up, you can usually drill the rest, then make up the spacing with spacer plates you can easily cut from flat steel.

• 2 months later...

“On 7/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Snowmad said:Just wondering if anyone by chance has a mounting bracket for a GB 660 to go on a 4x4 5230.”

Better late than never but I do have the side rail mounting brackets off my 5250 that had a 520 loader. The front bracket has a tweak to it and would need a little push from a press to make it straight again. 

10 hours ago, Sresites said:

“On 7/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Snowmad said:Just wondering if anyone by chance has a mounting bracket for a GB 660 to go on a 4x4 5230.”

Better late than never but I do have the side rail mounting brackets off my 5250 that had a 520 loader. The front bracket has a tweak to it and would need a little push from a press to make it straight again. 

If Snowmad doesn't need the brackets you have I might be interested depending on how far away you are.

1 hour ago, 801486 said:

If Snowmad doesn't need the brackets you have I might be interested depending on how far away you are.

I live in California but visit Iowa a couple times a year.  Will be out that way in April to visit family & pick up some plow parts.

IMG_E7609[1].JPG

IMG_E7603[1].JPG

IMG_E7602[1].JPG

10 hours ago, Sresites said:

I live in California but visit Iowa a couple times a year.  Will be out that way in April to visit family & pick up some plow parts.

IMG_E7609[1].JPG

IMG_E7603[1].JPG

Interested what were you thinking on price?

Spoke with Snowmad and he got himself a 510.  Congrats.  My updated Quicke subframes are costing me $3000 plus shipping.  My 520 subframes off my Case 5250, $450.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's pricey!  So glad I found what I need.  Trying to install it now.