The homestead has acquired a 1-F11 two-way plow as part of a package deal.  I'm getting it all fixed up because, frankly, I think it is a neat piece of equipment to at least have in good working order.  As far as I can tell, these plows were red, like the 100 it came with, but can't find anything specific on them.  It is pretty much all there.  14" bottoms, and I have both sides with colters.  The handle is, of course, broken, but was patched and it there, except for the knob.  I forgot to take before pictures, but have some current ones.  When I get done, I'll post the completed pictures.

If there is something special for the paint color(s), I'd love to know about it.  My assumption is this is an early plow, since all the parts so far (on the the right moldboards) are R1 numbered.  I feel like it was bought with the 100.  I'm going to use it a little, maybe at plow days from time to time on the 140, but not try to wear it out, especially the left side...

IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg

Mel,  Here is how I painted mine.  It has what someone referred to a 'corn rods' to turn down corn stalks for better flow through the bottoms.  I hope to get it to RPRU 2020 in Huron, SD next week.

P2170024.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 6:59 PM, WESnIL said:

Mel,  Here is how I painted mine.  It has what someone referred to a 'corn rods' to turn down corn stalks for better flow through the bottoms.  I hope to get it to RPRU 2020 in Huron, SD next week.

P2170024.JPG

That is sharp!  There are a lot of neat little features there.  I'm sure it'll get a good bit of attention at RPRU.  Thanks for sharing.