When is a sixer not enough?

When I want to drink more than that.

1121101044.jpg

• Like 1

PBR was the first beer I got silly on. 

Now I have an occasional Guinness but rarely drink beer . Actually don’t recall if I have had a beer this year yet . 

27 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

PBR was the first beer I got silly on. 

Now I have an occasional Guinness but rarely drink beer . Actually don’t recall if I have had a beer this year yet . 

ive heard that its not that you dont drink as much when you get older you just dont remember doing it

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

ive heard that its not that you dont drink as much when you get older you just dont remember doing it

I never said I don’t drink.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, cobfly said:

When I want to drink more than that.

1121101044.jpg

I am a beer lover, I love to try something new, different and local wherever I go. PBR is my go to for a plain old cold beer. Fred Pabst hisself founded and ran for decades, the ski area I ski at and work at in the winter, so it’s requisite that I like it 😂. I also went to high school with his grandson. 
it was always said if the ski area had a bad year, he cut a check from the brewery to cover the balance. 

• Like 1

Use to drink 8 to 10 beer's a night after work now even lucky if I can stand to drink one or two in a year. Rather have my coffee.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, redneckhippie said:

Six is never enough for me! 

Going on 14 years sober..wish I could but know I cant.

2974 days, just over 8 years, can't really say I miss it, but at my age and no meds I figure its worth it.

• Like 6

I've been drinking some GTB, 208 beer. All Idaho products, a session ale, quite tasty. I'm retired so some days 6 ain't enough when I'm doing silly crap around the place. You know, fill troughs and water trees, a beer. Weed eat, a beer. Clean pond filters, a beer. Mow the lawn, a beer. Clean the shop, a beer. Weed the garden, a beer. Work the arena, a beer. Lube the baler, a beer. spray weeds, a beer. there goes 8 hours. I didn't drink for 20 years, raising kids and working 80 hrs a week. Now I kinda do what I want, as long as she don't get mad.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

2973 days, just over 8 years, can't really say I miss it, but at my age and no meds I figure its worth it.

well kudos to you guys ive heard its hard to do that 

3 hours ago, redneckhippie said:

Six is never enough for me! 

Going on 14 years sober..wish I could but know I cant.

Ive never drank, my entire family does besides me, i was the kid that watched everything going on, the issues it caused, the turmoil, the drama, the tears, the frustration, the fears, and as a young kid all i could put my finger on was the alcohol. I swore it off......I also ran over my sister one night driving home from a ballgame and she was out doing a chinese fire drill with her drinking buddies and all i remember was turning the wheel and the look on my sisters face with fear in her eyes from my headlights, she didnt now it was me until she got home and I was there to meet her. We've never spoken about it since. I dont shame or guilt people its everyones choice its just not one i could justify. 

• Like 7

AA will tell you not to glorify your drinking records but I will say mine would astonish most of you.

Never missed a days work but drove hundreds of times liquored up.

Ashamed, yes. 

Justified, imo yes.

Age and life sustaining meds have brought me down to earth.

And trust me people, not peeps cause I HATE that word, God brought me through  this valley.

• Like 7

Good ol PBR, was my go to beer for years. 

Me being loyal to Wisconsin beers, it been tough now living in Midland Texas to find good beer. Some Shiner brews ain’t bad. PBR is available here, but it’s brewed in Fort Worth, just don’t taste the same. Hamm’s (another Pabst label), supposedly all brewed In Milwaukee, and shipped here. 

Schlitz, if in bottles I now prefer. Can’t find Old Milwaukee here. Miller, and Miller Lite is available.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

well kudos to you guys ive heard its hard to do that 

Ive never drank, my entire family does besides me, i was the kid that watched everything going on, the issues it caused, the turmoil, the drama, the tears, the frustration, the fears, and as a young kid all i could put my finger on was the alcohol. I swore it off......I also ran over my sister one night driving home from a ballgame and she was out doing a chinese fire drill with her drinking buddies and all i remember was turning the wheel and the look on my sisters face with fear in her eyes from my headlights, she didnt now it was me until she got home and I was there to meet her. We've never spoken about it since. I dont shame or guilt people its everyones choice its just not one i could justify. 

Everyone has and will state different beliefs on the subject, and like you I have no dog in any other persons affair, but I've been on both sides of the fence on this, and from where I am this decision is right for me at this juncture of my life.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

🧐  when is 6 enough. Here in my parts were professionals. Didnt know they still sold less than a 30 pack. 😂

I didn't know if six packs were still a thing. I seen 8's but 15's are the go to

Some people have a beer every day to relax. I don't, so when I do I usually make up for the days I didn't 😂

• Like 2

Folks,

Drank too many too often when I was a kid. Wife told me I wasn't setting a good example and quit for a long time. Now retired and the kid's kid's kid's are here, I have a beer now and then. Mainly when its hot. Like today welding in the sun, Yea that was good and toasty out there. Every thing in moderation and things seem ok!

Regards,

Chris

• Like 4

I would grab a six pack after work everyday and somedays I would go get more. I drink until it's gone. I'm not a chugger but I'm not a sipper either. I have quit 3 times. This time being the longest. Each time was a act of God I believe as I never planned to quit. Just woke up one morning and that was it. Dropped it with no withdrawal or urges to drink. I do miss as it is the only time I can let loose and put life's problems aside but after 3 times quitting I know I cant control it. 

By the grace of God I never hurt or killed anyone. I'm jealous of those that can control it. Have one for me!

• Like 2

With the cdl and driving virtually every night I can't afford to have it in my system. 

That being said, I have a leisurely half hour drive home after I park the truck. it is usually this time of the night or later and I will relax with one 16oz Bud heavy. 

When I was younger, my dad would tell me "you do know they can make faster than you can drink it".

My reply was ya, but I've given em a scare a time or two.😁

• Like 5
12 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I never said I don’t drink.

Blanton’s? Pappy Van Winkle? 

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Blanton’s? Pappy Van Winkle? 

Well since you asked,

a little bit of this and that . 

Here’s my top three , all of which are either no longer available or very hard to find . 

I can only find  louie  In an international air port . The Bushmills has been gone for a few years, luckily I have a case. The vodka is good but Tito’s is just as good . 

We only sip  occasionally and don’t remember the last time I was drunk. 

B856D12A-9126-498B-9BF0-B62B6E04BCC7.thumb.jpeg.1184fa3ef700f961def1924766f22b32.jpeg

E3FE1C2D-3F67-4EB4-8766-E1872435C475.thumb.jpeg.e2bb984e8326e6905e325908788dc6b6.jpeg8CF7C4F7-E990-4A92-9B0F-E7ECE85AC6F7.thumb.jpeg.29dcb4f24294a9709bc1b0a6663b56ce.jpeg23D4ACD7-ED5A-435F-8882-CE988433C841.thumb.jpeg.22a5291278938e4813c6e79d4826194c.jpeg

The BUSHMILLS is still available.  Definitely sipping whiskey for very special occasions. I was purchasing some pricey Johnnie Walker Blue Label and was almost certain my supplier had several bottles of Bushmills on the shelf behind the counter.  Owner stores all the higher priced items on the shelf behind the counter.

https://www.caskers.com/bushmills-21-year-old-three-woods-single-malt-irish-whiskey/?/?utm_campaign=USC - Shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu8r4BRCzARIsAA21i_DYUkqTYLuI69e__LeOZFG67Gj-zVP8lu91bLRo2fq0UTuY6aprbCsaAnKzEALw_wcB

Bushmills 21 Year Old Three Woods Single Malt Irish Whiskey

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

The BUSHMILLS is still available.  Definitely sipping whiskey for very special occasions. I was purchasing some pricey Johnnie Walker Blue Label and was almost certain my supplier had several bottles of Bushmills on the shelf behind the counter.  Owner stores all the higher priced items on the shelf behind the counter.

https://www.caskers.com/bushmills-21-year-old-three-woods-single-malt-irish-whiskey/?/?utm_campaign=USC - Shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu8r4BRCzARIsAA21i_DYUkqTYLuI69e__LeOZFG67Gj-zVP8lu91bLRo2fq0UTuY6aprbCsaAnKzEALw_wcB

Bushmills 21 Year Old Three Woods Single Malt Irish Whiskey

It was pretty hard to get for a while. 

I have a lifetime supply so I haven’t been looking. 

My brother ownes a bar so I was getting it wholesale.  That’s a good price though.