43 minutes ago, bitty said:

Neither did I. If anyone else wants one and hits the lottery there is one on epay. They are claiming that it's a M&W item. 

I would have bought it IF it was semi reasonable as I really like it. I had planned to try and reproduce one by copying the neighbors but now I have one also. It came out of my trip to southern Illinois beginning of May this year

Screenshot_2020-07-18-22-19-30.png

Wow they are proud of that!

I have one of those friction throttles for a x00 here somewhere....

My notches were wore and fixed them. Still didnt suit me. Found the upper part of the steering assembly with one of the friction setups and bought it, put it on, didnt suit me.

Thought for a bit and made my own set up. I'll have to see if I can find a picture,  I sold the tractor to my uncle so it isnt here to go get one. 

I took a piece of probably 1" flat stock and cut a 1/4" slot down the middle making the strap the same length and to bolt on like the original.  Then I made a bracket that bolted on the throttle handle and then was horizontal to the slotted piece I made and then put a bolt and washers and spring through the slot and the piece I made for the handle. It worked very, very well. It would stay put but moved nicely.

Found it! Hopefully it uploads. I think I shortened the bolt then and dressed it up a touch but it was an excellent solution. 

IMG_20150721_112334991.thumb.jpg.7a95d8a3346ce78e3e529c06f81d95da.jpg

• Like 2

take the saw tooth style, use hack saw to deepen teeth, finish with 3 corner file , a little, use 1 x 5/16" bolt, w/2 nuts, use washer collection to find a heavier high carbon flat  washer 1" , + -,  grind a bevel on one side, assemble washer on bolt, bevel to back, then standard 5/16 lock washer, then both nuts snug together tighten lightly. grind old tooth off lever, use vicegrip to hold nuts under lever where bevel washer  will strike quadrant,  weld nuts, tighten bolt. rotate as needed for wear. 

5 hours ago, Fred B said:

take the saw tooth style, use hack saw to deepen teeth, finish with 3 corner file , a little, use 1 x 5/16" bolt, w/2 nuts, use washer collection to find a heavier high carbon flat  washer 1" , + -,  grind a bevel on one side, assemble washer on bolt, bevel to back, then standard 5/16 lock washer, then both nuts snug together tighten lightly. grind old tooth off lever, use vicegrip to hold nuts under lever where bevel washer  will strike quadrant,  weld nuts, tighten bolt. rotate as needed for wear. 

Better be a good hacksaw then I believe the teeth on those were heat treated I know mine are hardened a file won't even leave a mark

• Like 1
20 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

We do that too!

My Dad did this on his SMTA too. That way a young me knew how fast to run it when baling hay.