MX200 and 1255 Planter

TW7110

Have a customer with a MX200 on a 1255 planter (12x30), when he runs the markers in float and drives part way down the field they will lift up off the ground. Both sides will do it. Anybody have any ideas. The way the marker that is not being used folds up I wouldn't think its internal leakage in the cylinder. Thanks.

The problem I think is a signal line check valve on the tractor leaking . Had a hyd problem with a 240 on a planter and the problem was with the checks but can't  remember the details of the issue way too many problems and Barley pops since  then

• Thanks 1

Marker finds it’s initial low point at beginning when it drops then when the other settles into place it raises the other one that’s supposed to be down. Put the remote in the down position not float and let it time out say at 10-15 seconds should float up and down on it’s own from there 

ymmv, John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have always run mine in float on a 1200 pivot tongue, if it's not in float the wings of the planter won't follow the contour of the ground properly but a 1255 could be set up different.

• Like 1

Run in float, you probably have bad remote couplers on the tractor. Unplug the lift hoses when it starts acting up. Watch the markers, I had one at work that was doing the same thing. Changed seals inside the valve body and couplers, problem went away. Good luck ?? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dillsburg 560D said:

Run in float, you probably have bad remote couplers on the tractor. Unplug the lift hoses when it starts acting up. Watch the markers, I had one at work that was doing the same thing. Changed seals inside the valve body and couplers, problem went away. Good luck ?? 

I was told by someone else to change the male couplers, they had seen the same thing and it took care of it. The first two years he had the planter it worked just fine in float. In a few weeks we are going to hook it back on the planter and try some things.

My 275 does weird stuff on 3 of the 4 remotes and is inconsistent on 2 of the weird 3. Am going to go through all 4 valves next winter. Tech recalibrated, checked pressure and flow a couple weeks ago. Recommended to not use #1 till we tear it down.  Planter guides raise when down, the up one will go down, drill will go up or down, baler pickup will raise, center pivot discbine will swing. None of it is fast just creeps slowly except the planter guide will drop fast if remote is on float.

• Thanks 1