Big Bud 747 gets LSW 1400 duals

Tire size is 96" dia by 40" width.  Call me selfish but I'm glad to see it going back home to were it belongs.  Its a Montana tractor.  I've read it will be pulling an 80ft+ air drill and two carts.  Its getting to be that a tractor that size is required to pull these mega air drills.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Gearclash said:

I believe so.  Or Titan which owns the Goodyear name.  

I checked and yes the LSW is a Titan thing.  I’m cured of wanting to try LSW tires after 12 years of owning a tractor with 14.9R-46 cookie cutters.

What you mean?

We have a 14.9rx46 tractor......if it rains it spins out!  Cant even pull the irrigation reels out on sod.  

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

What you mean?

We have a 14.9rx46 tractor......if it rains it spins out!  Cant even pull the irrigation reels out on sod.  

And they are a rough ride.suprising how much smoother ride a 20.8 is. The mag um has 14.9 46 duals for spraying it was a sugar beet tractor before. The 1586 is so much smoother with 20.8 tires than the 7130

9 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

What you mean?

Let’s put it another way, 14.9R-46 tires ride one notch better than steel wheels.  Ok, maybe two notches.  I haven’t seen that traction is particularly poor, but this is a much lighter tractor than yours (2wd MX135).

8 hours ago, dale560 said:

And they are a rough ride.suprising how much smoother ride a 20.8 is. The mag um has 14.9 46 duals for spraying it was a sugar beet tractor before. The 1586 is so much smoother with 20.8 tires than the 7130

I have 3 haying tractors.  One has 14.9R46, one has 18.4R42, one has 20.8R42.  It is amazing how much better each step up rides than the previous.  Big eye opener is how much nicer the 20.8R42 rides than the 18.4R42.

• Like 2
On 7/16/2020 at 5:12 AM, Ian Beale said:

What's known here as taking a lump out of your cheque book!

Be a a lot more than a lump to me !

1 hour ago, Gearclash said:

Let’s put it another way, 14.9R-46 tires ride one notch better than steel wheels.  Ok, maybe two notches.  I haven’t seen that traction is particularly poor, but this is a much lighter tractor than yours (2wd MX135).

I have 3 haying tractors.  One has 14.9R46, one has 18.4R42, one has 20.8R42.  It is amazing how much better each step up rides than the previous.  Big eye opener is how much nicer the 20.8R42 rides than the 18.4R42.

Ah...funny.  i have a MTX120 2wd McCormick with them skinnys.  It blows bedding in stalls 95% of its life.  Rakes the rest.  If it showers 2 days before mow we need to hook rake to dif tractor.  They are the SLB GY so great for grass work...0 for traction.  And yeah 20.8 sure do feel better.

The 210 had 14.9r50" on...(that i cannot sell) and we swapped the 520r42 off the 7140 onto her.  Wow whole new machine.  

Not to get of subject the 14.9 46 with duals seems to have okay traction. We pulled big manure spreader with it. The ride in the field though will shake you to death. Like they said steel wheel like.

The giant lives again! The largest agriculture tractor in the world finally drives again thanks to Goodyear Farm Tires for sponsoring eight of the world's largest farm tires! LSW1400 tires are massive! It was a match meant to be.   

• Like 3

Max Armstrong even had a segment on that Big Bud's new shoes on his show yesterday. Also commented on Farmall Land's closing, said Jerry's invited him several times and he's never been able to get there.

Nick Welker hinted a few months ago on their youtube channel to the fact that this was going to happen.  I think it is awesome and glad to hear that the Williams brothers are taking it back to Big Sandy to once again work their farm.  I have been fascinated by this beast ever since I first heard about it.

Years ago when the Toy Farmer released the models of the 747 I got both versions of it in all 3 scales.  Anyone else have them?

A few years ago I stopped by the Williams farm and got to sit in the 747    Quite a tractor to say the least. 

• Like 1