Dreaming. Import a truck. F250

I'm dreaming again. I'm toying with the  idea of vaguely possibly maybe importing a pre 86 F250.

Something like this one.

FB_IMG_1594369485960.jpg.6312012f99ab890464f12ea22521649f.jpgFB_IMG_1594369492596.jpg.3ccf42cb6e8501d6f8fe8e0b13848f3a.jpg

So what would a tidy 80 to 86 F250 cost and the major floor in the plan doubt there many tidy ones out there that  rhey don't want silly money for.

Disclaimer before I get egg on my face Best get my other projects done first. 🙄🤫

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had similar things shipped to the US from foreign country’s .  Having said that , ( in my opinion ) it won’t be cost effective for you to do that .  If you want it then just do it .

If I lived in Europe and wanted an American built vehicle I would look for one already imported to Europe.   Find a country with a large American Military presence, because many Military people have i

Am I the only one on this WHOLE thread that picked up on this, I've heard a few definitions but never this, thats a doozy.

Posted Images

……..I tried in this screwed   up outfit......a 2000    Dodge     (Cummins )...cost 12k Freight   5k      (both USD's )……..but because its tare weight was over 3500    KGs...our govt   decrees it has to be converted to Right Hand Drive....This   has to be done at Govt approved    "Convertors "......Current cost around 35k   NZD's....For the old 2000 model...….possibly as little as 20K  ...end of story......

IT was brought new by a great friend of mine in Utah....144  ,000  miles....mint condition.....I was really   angry  ...but those are the rules...sigh...…..I have neither the  coin.    .or desire to buy new   Japanese   utes…….that run from 40K to 70 odd K    down un der....crazy money....

In better times....I brought a new Australian built    F100......long box.....1980   vintage......22K NZD's...After a mere 80K      a bit of scrotal lust    cost me my marriage......so I lost my new truck...….got a 1974 Holden HQ ute….brown in colour...…..and with blue smoke.....Life can be a bit of a trial at times...…..:mellow:    ...after the "F" truck  ...that thing was the pits....sigh

Mike

• Like 1

I have had similar things shipped to the US from foreign country’s . 

Having said that , ( in my opinion ) it won’t be cost effective for you to do that . 

If you want it then just do it .

thats a two thousand dollar truck or at best three thousand dollar truck all day long here. 

Are you going to fly over here to look for one? 

Are you going to have someone find one for you? 

Who is going to get it the shipping dock?

you will have some extra expense somewhere along the line. 

Not sure what you mean by ( major floor in the plan ) 

Again it’s just my opinion , if you want one and your only choice is to ship one From the US then get out your check book ,  The big one , not the small one . 

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, mike newman said:

……..I tried in this screwed   up outfit......a 2000    Dodge     (Cummins )...cost 12k Freight   5k      (both USD's )……..but because its tare weight was over 3500    KGs...our govt   decrees it has to be converted to Right Hand Drive....This   has to be done at Govt approved    "Convertors "......Current cost around 35k   NZD's....For the old 2000 model...….possibly as little as 20K  ...end of story......

IT was brought new by a great friend of mine in Utah....144  ,000  miles....mint condition.....I was really   angry  ...but those are the rules...sigh...…..I have neither the  coin.    .or desire to buy new   Japanese   utes…….that run from 40K to 70 odd K    down un der....crazy money....

In better times....I brought a new Australian built    F100......long box.....1980   vintage......22K NZD's...After a mere 80K      a bit of scrotal lust    cost me my marriage......so I lost my new truck...….got a 1974 Holden HQ ute….brown in colour...…..and with blue smoke.....Life can be a bit of a trial at times...…..:mellow:    ...after the "F" truck  ...that thing was the pits....sigh

Mike

Any exemptions to be had there as this thing is an antique? 

They are common here in Arkansas and rust free. They may have alot of miles though. Let me know if you want help. Thx-Ace 

1 hour ago, acem said:

They are common here in Arkansas and rust free. They may have alot of miles though. Let me know if you want help. Thx-Ace 

Thank you much appreciated.

But please don't  encourage me with my indiscretions 🤣🤣

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Any exemptions to be had there as this thing is an antique? 

Seem to remember that the post man in ND had a RH drive truck so that he did not have to get out of the truck at every rural post box.

Bet you qould never find an ex post office truck

8 minutes ago, Pid 1831 said:

You are right----they are passed from one post man to another....until there is NOTHING left.

Mike

2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Not sure what you mean by ( major floor in the plan ) 

Auto correct: Flaw in the plan

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, 806frank said:

Get ahold of Ken Updike on here, I think he has shipped tractors before.

Shipping is the easy part . 

Paying for it is the hard part. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pid 1831 said:

Seem to remember that the post man in ND had a RH drive truck so that he did not have to get out of the truck at every rural post box.

Here in ND you see a right side vehicle every so often. A lot of US postal jeeps were right hand ended up in civilian use. A lot of postal drivers would mount a dummy wheel with a belt to original steering column. For easy right hand drive.

If I lived in Europe and wanted an American built vehicle I would look for one already imported to Europe.   Find a country with a large American Military presence, because many Military people have imported a vehicle into Europe at American Military expense  and when they get rotated back to the US will abandon their vehicle in the Foreign State. Bases in Germany at one time had a good supply of USA made vehicles, sort of a vehicle underground.  Could be worth looking into. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, oleman said:

If I lived in Europe and wanted an American built vehicle I would look for one already imported to Europe.   Find a country with a large American Military presence, because many Military people have imported a vehicle into Europe at American Military expense  and when they get rotated back to the US will abandon their vehicle in the Foreign State. Bases in Germany at one time had a good supply of USA made vehicles, sort of a vehicle underground.  Could be worth looking into. 

That’s the best advice yet!

28 minutes ago, oleman said:

You might wind up with this

2099798923_fordraptor.thumb.jpg.9565f2ac5bb2277919e6134852e002e5.jpg

For the price of this

830157171_mignerypickup.thumb.jpg.d926053f721bb73827b7e89afc6bb0f2.jpg

😁😆🤣

27 minutes ago, oleman said:

Man they fixed that problem a long time ago. Now a service member leaving an overseas assignment who has a privately owned vehicle (POV) has to prove that they legally got rid of it or shipped it before they can out process. They have to prove they sold it LEGALLY, shipped it or signed it over the the MWR strip lot. They had a huge problem with abandoned vehicles back in the 70's. By the time I returned to Germany in 83 those rules were in place. Transferring title to a German civilian had it's own issues with the Germans making sure the buyer paid the taxes and such.

Rick 

I've  shipped large parts, equipment, etc to central America. It's not that hard. I also helped containerized stuff for export.

There are right hand drive vehicles here in Arkansas. Mostly old rural postal route driver vehicles. I remember alot of jeep cherokees and some subarus. Unfortunately old rural route vehicles are usually worn out from all the dirt roads.

Some of the older trucks were relatively easy to convert. The 60s ih and GM's trucks look easy but others may be as well. These trucks are still around here but most need some work. We don't salt our roads here.

Thx-Ace 

unnamed.jpg

images.jpeg

43 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

And letting someone else find you one could result in you ending up with this ,700D7EA0-3E3E-4412-8683-0C8117CC26A3.jpeg.8738dd5eeddff5b4225a23047ecfd229.jpeg

for the price of this, 

CBFBA0A1-4F4A-42F8-8FA3-C3BB49BB3B22.jpeg.f9ff0ede154ac64e5bc59ccfd657d3e7.jpeg

Well put...................looking back, believe I had it backwards

Always trying to find a bargain

39 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Our Scout is RH drive.

20200619_191559.jpg

That’s a bitchin ride ya got there !

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mike newman said:

a bit of scrotal lust    cost me my marriage.....

Mike

Am I the only one on this WHOLE thread that picked up on this, I've heard a few definitions but never this, thats a doozy.

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

That’s a bitchin ride ya got there !

Maybe, not a Kindig variety though.

....Ian......no   !!....and when I ordered that truck, I had to front with a deposit before Ford NZ    would import it....and I was never aware of a Perkins option.......however...having several older Fords, with    V  engines in my missplaced youth......I doubt that I would have run with the Diesel option.....!!

It came with a 351......gutless and thirsty....so I had an old 302   from a Australian Falcon   .......rebuilt to spec...with a Holly  carb..lightly worked, and  it was great ...good petrol mileage   and tons of power compared to the choked up 351.....The engine was spotless ...and painted "old "  Caterpillar yellow......That also helped to increase the over all   desirability of the truck.......

..the picture dosen't do it justice.....but I loved that truck......rare  truck in NZ....That HQ  Holden was a shocker.....I hurt my back, quite badly, on a job site.....and the old "F" truck was so easy on it......The Holden seat was just freakin'   miserable......

Mike

post-157-0-63831300-1458722136.jpg