International T-9 Diesel

IH OAK

5 hours ago, DoubleJFarmsWA said:

I have a D335 that was bored out to 4.5…. I have some used sleeves and pistons, but my sleeves are the flush mount.  I am looking for a block (as mine turned out to be cracked). 

Can someone explain "flush mount"?

Can you measure the thickness of the 'flange' on yours?

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to find the exact date of manufacture for my TD-9?

I don't believe there is any way to get that info, a lot of that type of info no longer exists.

DWF

• Thanks 1

Are the Casting Codes the same as on farm tractors? If they are it might give you a rough ballpark estimate on when it was built. Not a exact date though 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IH OAK said:

Is there a way to find the exact date of manufacture for my TD-9?

i dont think the exact date can be found. on the early old McCormicks in the 20's and 30's if u crawl under the tractors they had the day , month and year stamped on them. all u can go by here is the casting code on the block and that is your year. the letter at the end stands for a year. that  would be all u need anyhow. as i said before ... your best bet is to look for a wd9, superwd9, or 650 tractor engine. you are going to have thousands of dollars in this engine at the end. sleeves and pistons are a couple grand.  and if you were to look for the engine , go with the 350 , not the 335. post your casting code and someone can give you the year of your engine.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rustred said:

your best bet is to look for a wd9, superwd9, or 650 tractor engine. you are going to have thousands of dollars in this engine at the end. sleeves and pistons are a couple grand. 

I can verify this... The amount of money I've spent on my 335 block is actually mad lol. But hey, I've got an almost new block when I'm done.