786 light in front end

ky966boy

Hooked batwing up to 786 to try it out she did fine but didn’t steer to good going up hill . The wheels were turning but tractor was going straight. Never a problem with 1486 neither have any front weights . I noticed on tractor data there’s 2000 - 3000 lb difference in weight is some of that in front? 

17 minutes ago, ky966boy said:

Hooked batwing up to 786 to try it out she did fine but didn’t steer to good going up hill . The wheels were turning but tractor was going straight. Never a problem with 1486 neither have any front weights . I noticed on tractor data there’s 2000 - 3000 lb difference in weight is some of that in front? 

That 2350 woulda kept her nailed down. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess the 786 / 1486 comparison would be similar to 766 / 1466.  Same frame, front axle, grill, etc.  Other than having a 436 in stead of a D360 (or 358 for the 786) and bigger front rubber,  I can't see where a 14 would weigh very much more in front.  No doubt the 14 would be heavier in the rear though.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, ky966boy said:

It’s Cuz that German Diesel has just too much POWER!! ??

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

It’s Cuz that German Diesel has just too much POWER!! ??

You maybe right don’t think pump is at stock setting and with turbo it does not seem far behind 1086 . 

• Like 2

My 886 seems alot lighter in the front compared to my 1086 and 1486. I expect it is due to the engine being shorter. I have to use alot more weight when using heavy 3pt equipment. Thx-Ace 

• Thanks 1

My 1586 has (12) 100lb weights and it gets light in the front on some of the hills around here with a 15ft batwing.  

The 1586 also got pushed down some hills by the batwing, so this year when I've been mowing with my 7130, I thought it wouldn't happen.  I was wrong, it pushed it too!  (not much but some) I switched into FWA mode, and that took care of that.  Much safer in the Magnum going up or down hills than my 1586 because of the FWA.  

So yeah I can see where not having any front weight could be ab issue! :)

• Like 1

I clipped a few pastures a couple of weeks ago with the the 1206 ,the weather was a lot nicer then, the 15' bush hog shoved it around quite a bit also no front weights but 2 sets on rear.

1 hour ago, ky966boy said:

Maybe I’m just getting spooky never noticed it on 1486 , last week a women close by got threw  off a tractor and killed . I knew her and it’s been on my mind on the hills .

Was it the lady who owned part of a nursing home?

3 hours ago, ky966boy said:

Maybe I’m just getting spooky never noticed it on 1486 , last week a women close by got threw  off a tractor and killed . I knew her and it’s been on my mind on the hills .

Few weeks ago there were pictures on Facebook of an IH tractor upside down in the river/creek where the bank gave way.  Fellow crawled up bank with a broken leg after getting himself unpinned was the story best I remember.  I mowed some for my buddy up home along the bank of Blue River and I kept my distance because of that image in my head.  Giant Hemlock taller than the tractor hood and you can't see where the river undercut the bank.   Made me pucker....

I'd hate to turn a tractor over, and I'd really hate to turn one over with a friggen bush hog whirling at full song on the back. 

• Like 1