After weeks and weeks of no rain, the heavens opened a bit here just now!

I can HEAR the corn and pastures lapping it up.

Never had to buy hay in June before. 

And tomorrow we`re to get a BUNCH more. :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Old timers say to hang in there, at the end of every drought is a real nice rain😁🤔🤔🤔😄

• Haha 6

We`ve had a couple weeks of mid 90s and walking on my yard sounds like corn flakes....... with no milk.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:32 PM, IHThick said:

Lucky dog.  Here in south central pa only have 1/2"  in past 3 weeks

I`ll send you some of ours tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, MTO said:

We`ve had a couple weeks of mid 90s and walking on my yard sounds like corn flakes....... with no milk.

You eat the corn flakes, not dump them on the yard! 

Hot and dry is no fun! We’ve been getting just enough moisture to stay alive, it would be nice to get a slow soaking inch!

• Sad 1

Mto same thing except last evening we got almost 2 inches.  Haven't checked today but we got quite a bit maybe more then 2 again.  We were really burnt up at our farm.  The rain has been in pockets all around us but finally drought is not on our radar for awhile at least.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, MTO said:

I`ll send you some of ours tomorrow. 

Please do, very dry.   It absolutely poured the other day, about 2 miles north of me....... Lots of pop up thunder showers just not where I need them.

1 hour ago, MTO said:

....... with no milk.

I can fix that for you .... ;)

We are getting a little shower currently. Have been exceptionally dry but I drove through tremendous hard rain Wednesday going to get a parts tractor south of us. 

• Haha 1

Just checked rain gauge.  About 3.5 inches today.  5.25 to 5.5 inches in the last 30 hours. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, MTO said:

Heck I thought yer yard would sound more like Fruit Loops......🤣!

Rick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

Heck I thought yer yard would sound more like Fruit Loops......🤣!

Rick

After all these yrs of comments/posts/sexy girl pics, you STILL think......nevermind.

4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Old timers say to hang in there, at the end of every drought is a real nice rain😁🤔🤔🤔😄

This part of the world we change that to.😉 The rain stopped so this is the first day of the new drought.🤣

We need it dry from May to Oct,don't need to mold Tony's almonds or the wine grapes now surrounding me(or a 100 other crops). I might end up even 😵 crazier with summer rain. 😵 To bad the Fruits and Nuts that don't hang on a tree grow so well here.🤣

• Like 2

got 3/4" in last 4 hours a lot hard as in run off or not under things, expect 1" + in next 2 days off/ on

but <10%  corn or suddan will survive ,was just to short to take 15 d without rain and 8d 90* +

touch of lightning did green a few pastures slightly  but we have been supplementing for  a month 

was up 15% on first cut,     maybe down 400 wrapped b by 8-30 , so any squares we do make will be > 30% + $

cidiotes don t want to pay over $3b but our store buyer already offered .30 increase over $

Do I here an AMEN

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ray54 said:

This part of the world we change that to.😉 The rain stopped so this is the first day of the new drought.🤣

We need it dry from May to Oct,don't need to mold Tony's almonds or the wine grapes now surrounding me(or a 100 other crops). I might end up even 😵 crazier with summer rain.🤣

Tonys almonds or the wine grapes wouldn't like what is coming towards home right now. House is center of bullseye

Wife is heading for storm cellar

Reports of softball hail and seeing rotation in the clouds. 

I'm 150 miles away.

Might throw up a little prayer, it looks bad

Screenshot_20200710-194936.thumb.png.00751d3c37f0b6a51c5d7b3b6ce59e3b.png

• Sad 2

Don't think we had a 1/2" here in awhile, any we did get dried up in the gauge so it wasn't much, we missed the hard rains, was east of me.  We stood on our deck and could see it raining 7 miles away in town, but not a drop here.  Even tonight, the little we got wasn't enough to make the ground wet under the trees.  

Heres hoping for no storm damage at sandhillers. 

Went on vac 3 weeks ago. 2 1/2 inches or more while we were gone i hear. But really dry now. Watered some of sweet corn this week as curling up an looking sick. Chance of rain several days next week and we need it. Of course i have a hay field that needs mowed  now and not sure when to do it. If  do it will rain every day. If i dont we probably wont get a drop. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Tonys almonds or the wine grapes wouldn't like what is coming towards home right now. House is center of bullseye

Wife is heading for storm cellar

Reports of softball hail and seeing rotation in the clouds. 

I'm 150 miles away.

Might throw up a little prayer, it looks bad

Screenshot_20200710-194936.thumb.png.00751d3c37f0b6a51c5d7b3b6ce59e3b.png

Hokey smokes!

Can't imagine how helpless you feel away from home.

They're gonna be ok Jeff. Gonna be ok.

• Thanks 1

Sorta makes you appreciate the Amount of rain we get doesn’t it ? 

• Like 1

agday showed a part of Nebraska only 15 hundreths  since may, in our area I almost got stuck on a new seeding field, we were dry for awhile, understand a bunch of heat coming in a week,

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Heres hoping for no storm damage at sandhillers. 

51 minutes ago, MTO said:

Hokey smokes!

Can't imagine how helpless you feel away from home.

They're gonna be ok Jeff. Gonna be ok.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Wife said thought sure 70 to 80 mph winds and torrential rain but no hail thankfully. There is damage have be assessed in the daylight. 

She Had a hard time getting Cash in storm cellar but Gus went back out and led him in. Licked him the whole time they were in there. 

Dogs are so cool!

I however blew lower radiator hose and am dead in the water south of Thedford. They have one in North Platte so got rescue rangers coming in the morning.

Storm is coming right at me so will be interesting night in the truck.

Luckily got just enough cell service to talk to missus and boss and hit up the RPF so all is good. Sounds like I won't be haying tommorow so this is like a vacation some of you guys talk about, right?😄😁🤠

Probably won't get back to meet up with Pete however 😢

Anyway lightning is putting on a whale of a show, never boring😄

2 hours ago, ray54 said:

To bad the Fruits and Nuts that don't hang on a tree grow so well here.

I always heard that living in California was like living in a bowl of granola----------

What wasn't fruits and nuts was flakes..........

Sounds about right.

Mike