756 1969 german diesel rear wheel weights

Steve Ruppert

35 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Yes....but you need to start out with half weights, first....

Travis

X2.

Picture of my 756 diesel for inspiration. 

Once you have a set of split weights on, you can install the full round weights.  You can see them on the picture of my 1206.

20191004_212503.jpg

20200402_185517.jpg

it depends if the tractor was originally equipped with 15.5 -38s I think you can start with those if it had 34 in  tires  you may need to use a split weight first

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Yes....but you need to start out with half weights, first....

Travis

Not really I attached 3 sets of the one piece weights  on a 1086 no problem 

Just now, ksfarmdude said:

Not really I attached 3 of the one piece weights per side on a 1086 no problem 

You *might* get by with that on a 706 but a full weight will not sit right on a 1086 casting unless it's an aftermarket weight.

Travis

9 minutes ago, Sparky said:

You *might* get by with that on a 706 but a full weight will not sit right on a 1086 casting unless it's an aftermarket weight.

Travis

Nope they were factory IH weights off a super M bolted right on and stayed for 30 years never came loose I might be able to show you a pic

!086 Weight pic.JPG

• Like 2

I've seen a lot of tractors with the solid single even as the first one.  Our 1066 and 856 both did, and I think the 1456 does too.  Might be Rowe Foundry weights, but I'm pretty sure cast with IH numbers on them. 

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

I've seen a lot of tractors with the solid single even as the first one.  Our 1066 and 856 both did, and I think the 1456 does too.  Might be Rowe Foundry weights, but I'm pretty sure cast with IH numbers on them. 

Same here.  Have had a problem with some half weights on a wedge lock wheel but a simple spacer or nut on bolt solves the problem.

jerry

• Like 1

thanks for all the feedback / I went ahead and bought the full solid weights pictured / the guy had over 60 IH tractors from Hs to 1568 and 56 series / many with first weight being a solid weight / no half weights / just have to make sure dished out side faces away from hub and that it is aligned correctly with axle

steve

A LOT of 56 -series tractors had white painted rear wheel weights. Personally, I REALLY like the white wheel weights,  installed my first pair on the '39 H about 1967.  I think each weight out-weighed ME but I got them mounted without any help! That same pair of weights is still on the SH,  not a whole lot of white left on them  53 years later.

• Like 1