Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

Ice cream truck song now deemed racist

No kidding Google it the song played when the ice cream truck drives through your neighborhood is considered racist . 

Where is this going to end

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

When people start standing up and telling the whiners to F#ck off

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

When people start standing up and telling the whiners to F#ck off

and I`m sure there is a law against THAT!

• Haha 2

Ignore the crap and it will die a natural death.

• Like 2

i saw we play a new song on a new truck and drive it around that says we cant play the old song and drive our truck around and sell ice cream because you are too fat and dont need it

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, oleman said:

Ignore the crap and it will die a natural death.

Honestly don't think so.

Just like the little kid growing up always pushing boundaries to see what he can get away with.

Only when you come down hard on him does learn their is a limit and he needs to respect that or suffer the consequences.

Evidently these groups grew up knowing no boundaries/repercussions. Now it is up to society to do the job their parents neglected to.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Here's one for the whiners..........

Mike

If you dig deep enough and look hard enough probably anything can have racist overtones.  My question is why go back and resurrect something from the past that has no racist overtones in the current world???  That is the problem with this whole movement - they cannot move on from what happened in the distant past and keep using it to tint what is happening now.  No one would have ever thought that tune was racist and it would have hurt no one for it to stay that way.  Just because someone co opted an old tune from the past to suit their racist thoughts at the time should not ruin the tune for the rest of time.  The unknown racist version should be expunged, but not the whole tune.

• Like 1

And one for the "media"

Mike

• Thanks 1

U Can’t Say Dat. by Paul Shanklin

Maybe BLM’s theme song? Look it up on YouTube since I can’t figure out how to link it. 

It's the melody from turkey in the straw and it seems it's been used in other songs as well. Get over it!

• Like 1

from what i was able to find its not the song its they lyrics - no one probably even knew the lyrics ( i know i didnt )  just the tune/melody from it coming down the street with bell ringing - all the ones i remember had a bell dinging too - presuming since it was a bell its associated with liberty, unity and civil war - please dont remove the bells too - which brings me to...........bad apples

me i have been one, i have said/done/promoted/participated in things unbecoming of where I am now as a person. Im truly sorry for those things and have asked forgiveness from those I have violated. To hold on to the past and not forgive is on them and keeping them wallowing in their bondage. I wrestle with this often and have to keep forgiving - usually my EX and i dont mean that as a joke, she has taught me one thing that sometimes you have to keep forgiving over an over, if you dont it will eat you alive. Is it fair, NO, is it right, NO, is it acceptable, NO, is it required of me YES!!! I hold myself to biblical standards and while i fail miserably i dust myself off and try again when I fail. It saddens me when I do but I'm glad I have a conscious. Lord help us all to forgive and help me to be a better person every moment of my day. 

• Like 1