Sign in to follow this  
5288IH

Massey Ferguson 2846 Baler

Does anyone know much about Massey Ferguson 2846 balers, there is one for sale which has done 5000 bales, this type of baler were not sold in huge numbers in Australia, would parts be hard to obtain.

I have a challenger rb56. It’s the same as a 2756 and like it. Haven’t had it to long but I’ve had no issues with it. They are starting to get more common around me now with 3 others that I know of in the area and no issues that I’ve heard of with theirs. Couldn’t tell you on parts availability for you but the dealer I got mine from hasn’t let me down yet. 

• Like 1

We use a Hesston 956a baler that is a grandpappy to that baler.  They make a nice tight bale and are relatively easy to maintain.  Case IH has bearings because some of their balers were made by Hesston.  Chains and bearings are standard for the most part and I would think any good jobber or bearing warehouse could supply what you need if there are no Agco dealers around.  Good luck.

• Like 1