On 7/8/2020 at 11:52 PM, amsashooter said:

I have a CZ 527 in 22 hornet. Wonderful gun! Actually gets boring to shoot, every time you shoot it goes through the same hole?? I really like the set trigger on the CZ's. I've got three of them, 204 Ruger, 22 hornet, and the long barrel 22 trainer rifle. 

They have proprietary rings I see. Does the gun come with scope rings or are they included?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But this is my friend in case things get shakey...

Also if you want to try the 22 hornet but don't want 1000 entry fee. Look at a savage 25 in 22 hornet. One of the nicer bolt guns you can get without sacrificing a paycheck to setup with gun and scope

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

They have proprietary rings I see. Does the gun come with scope rings or are they included?

I've always gotten mine after the fact. They are available separately. 

• Thanks 1

I've had one 22 Hornet. A Ruger #3. I had wanted a #3 bad for years. And I got a bad one. No shooting sob. Turned out Ruger had a bad run of barrels for the #1's and #3's. Personally I'd rather have a .204. In CZ 527 thank you.

Next spring, before planting anything, me and dad's hornet are going to thing the ground squirrel population! Found plenty of ammo he had loaded so I won't have to try my hand at that, (though I may anyway). Saw the evidence of the damage the little buggers did in one cornfield this spring. Amazing how much seed they can dig out! I think getting rid of them will cut down drastically of the number of badger holes too.

2 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Next spring, before planting anything, me and dad's hornet are going to thing the ground squirrel population! Found plenty of ammo he had loaded so I won't have to try my hand at that, (though I may anyway). Saw the evidence of the damage the little buggers did in one cornfield this spring. Amazing how much seed they can dig out! I think getting rid of them will cut down drastically of the number of badger holes too.

Is that gun a Winchester?  Looks nice whatever make it is.

This itch is getting bad enough that I may have to scratch it.... My 22-250 is a 26” heavy barrel Remington 700 which is heavy to pack around fields. I’m thinking this little Hornet might have a few things to sting around the farm ?

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Is that gun a Winchester?  Looks nice whatever make it is.

This itch is getting bad enough that I may have to scratch it.... My 22-250 is a 26” heavy barrel Remington 700 which is heavy to pack around fields. I’m thinking this little Hornet might have a few things to sting around the farm ?

Yes, pre '64 model 70. 

….this picture has featured here  before...….and if any of you have read my posts  re those ""leggo  " style rifles ….you will recall my opinion of them !!!!!...but that is just what it is....an opinion.....and I obviously realise  that not all "riflemen "  want to be burdened with yesterdays     creations...…(and   shame on you Ray....for  thinking stainless steel and plastic wood could be your future preference,,...sigh......:rolleyes::))

….top two are  22Hi-Power calibre....for the  ""leggo "'  fans on here.....who may not be familiar  with a 1920's product...……(shakes head …)…..the two cartridge boxes  above the firearms ……..the Winchester   box is 22HP....70  grain projectile......t'other  is a  Savage head stamped  box of Cartridges...….probably   not that common  ...these  days....

The lower two firearms are   300    Savage and the perennial favourite    250-3000...….

Mike

gun room 5.png

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Yes, pre '64 model 70. 

That’s probably a Holy Grail of a .22 Hornet then. Very finely made guns!

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, mike newman said:

….this picture has featured here  before...….and if any of you have read my posts  re those ""leggo  " style rifles ….you will recall my opinion of them !!!!!...but that is just what it is....an opinion.....and I obviously realise  that not all "riflemen "  want to be burdened with yesterdays     creations...…(and   shame on you Ray....for  thinking stainless steel and plastic wood could be your future preference,,...sigh......:rolleyes::))

….top two are  22Hi-Power calibre....for the  ""leggo "'  fans on here.....who may not be familiar  with a 1920's product...……(shakes head …)…..the two cartridge boxes  above the firearms ……..the Winchester   box is 22HP....70  grain projectile......t'other  is a  Savage head stamped  box of Cartridges...….probably   not that common  ...these  days....

The lower two firearms are   300    Savage and the perennial favourite    250-3000...….

Mike

gun room 5.png

Does jokecinda know about these?

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Does jokecinda know about these?

NO...….

…….and I would like to think  I could ''pop  a cap or ten ''    before us oldies get the lethal.....oops ...I mean the anti flu injection...…..

Mike

7 minutes ago, mike newman said:

NO...….

…….and I would like to think  I could ''pop  a cap or ten ''    before us oldies get the lethal.....oops ...I mean the anti flu injection...…..

Mike

The ducking a**holez here have roundabout bans on some 12g and 10g shotguns, troodoh has another scandalous situation going, and morneau is involved also.

If I move there will you adopt me?

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

How long is your barrel? 

18.5 on that one, they have a 14" which I have one of that was sold without butt stock so is classified as AOW. if you all come over to visit in the middle of the night, that's just fine, but announce yourself. 

34 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

The ducking a**holez here have roundabout bans on some 12g and 10g shotguns, troodoh has another scandalous situation going, and morneau is involved also.

If I move there will you adopt me?

Sure...but you would have shave those whiskers off...….and feed the chooks and cut the firewood   and draw the water from the well....and such a matter....

….and further info re firearms......I have the list of my ''prohibited  " firearms....including   three Marlin    39A's     one of which belongs to a brother in  Canada......and the plods are requiring   serial numbers and magazine capacities  etc.....and already have serial numbers and   calibres ...incorrect...….These are, of course , the numbers  etc that I sent in.....they were correct when they left here...but...…..Another fiasco   coming up......

Mike

57 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

18.5 on that one, they have a 14" which I have one of that was sold without butt stock so is classified as AOW. if you all come over to visit in the middle of the night, that's just fine, but announce yourself. 

The one I turned into a toy is an 1100 put an 18 on it with a mag extension, pistol grip and collapsible stock, but my extension is about 3 inches longer than the barrel, doesn’t impede the firing at all. But I’ve had guys look at say that was a mistake, no it wasn’t, wasnt what I expected maybe but no problems.

36 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Sure...but you would have shave those whiskers off...….and feed the chooks and cut the firewood   and draw the water from the well....and such a matter....

….and further info re firearms......I have the list of my ''prohibited  " firearms....including   three Marlin    39A's     one of which belongs to a brother in  Canada......and the plods are requiring   serial numbers and magazine capacities  etc.....and already have serial numbers and   calibres ...incorrect...….These are, of course , the numbers  etc that I sent in.....they were correct when they left here...but...…..Another fiasco   coming up......

Mike

So I would be a whiskerless, chook feeding, firewood chopping, water drawer, hmmmmmmm, gotta think about that now, haven’t shaved for 10 years.image.png.f50d6c4041c69180573a2b978e7a6d9f.png

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

That’s probably a Holy Grail of a .22 Hornet then. Very finely made guns!

Dad was a model 70 guy. Also have a .220 swift, (a favorite of mine) and a .243.

I'm not sure but think the hornet was a Winchester thing? When I was younger I knew these things, now, CRS!

3 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

So I would be a whiskerless, chook feeding, firewood chopping, water drawer, hmmmmmmm, gotta think about that now, haven’t shaved for 10 years.image.png.f50d6c4041c69180573a2b978e7a6d9f.png

...correct Jake!!...you would have to tidy yourself up...….no longer the image of a walking sage brush...….:rolleyes:

...and re the topic...those "Brno" rifles in the Hornet   Calibre......were  a classy act...the ones circa  early fifties......beautifully made functional    firearms......

Mike

10 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...correct Jake!!...you would have to tidy yourself up...….no longer the image of a walking sage brush...….:rolleyes:

...and re the topic...those "Brno" rifles in the Hornet   Calibre......were  a classy act...the ones circa  early fifties......beautifully made functional    firearms......

Mike

I might still make it though. Beard left earlier this week ✔️ Got tired of wearing a mask at work when it was 95° inside...  I can chop wood✔️, draw water ✔️, and feed critters✔️  

3 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I might still make it though. Beard left earlier this week ✔️ Got tired of wearing a mask at work when it was 95° inside...  I can chop wood✔️, draw water ✔️, and feed critters✔️  

...Doubt if you make the cut Todd...….you need to be  female.....not white.....(Ohhh )...preferably  with some life threatening disease...….wear  tea towel on your head......spend most of the day kneeling on the pray mat...…(while the tax payer works to sustain   them...) etc etc

We welcome them here......defies belief...…..and worse.....get this...The Australian    that drew a bead on the Muslims   back awhile...took out fifty here in Christchurch   NZ.....is being sentenced next month...….and our Theologically     illiterate leader, is bringing  out extended family members from "Muslinville" somewhere...to witness this sentencing     procedure.....when NZers   can't get back due to border closures and Covid situations prevailing in whatever country they happen to be in...…
Jake thinks the "kannadian "   hierarchy    is a little  retarded.....Gheez...they don't come close to this latest BS from  our beloved leader......Words fail me.....almost treason

..otherwise  Todd, you would be welcome here !!!if you come on down......bring your "black smith"   (Oh Lord...racially    profiling ????)...equipment …….:)

Mike

24 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...Doubt if you make the cut Todd...….you need to be  female.....not white.....(Ohhh )...preferably  with some life threatening disease...….wear  tea towel on your head......spend most of the day kneeling on the pray mat...…(while the tax payer works to sustain   them...

..otherwise  Todd, you would be welcome here !!!if you come on down......bring your "black smith"   (Oh Lord...racially    profiling ????)...equipment …….:)

Mike

I would be glad to do some hammering in such a gorgeous place. I’d have to smuggle along my 39M to try and bag one of those possum creatures that are twice the size of ours. Might need a big bore for a varmit that size. Father-In-Law has a family Model 99 Savage in 300 that would fit the bill or I have a 1920’s vintage Win 94 chambered in 25-35

• Like 1
On 7/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, MTO said:

But this is my friend in case things get shakey...20200708_224636.thumb.jpg.b290c2a9ba669a40ea1a20a02c905334.jpg

This the toy I made up, it’s a 1200 not a 1100.

9AD9BCEB-F8E5-4939-AAAA-45778AC09C1C.jpeg