1976 IH 1586 with only 623hrs, its the real deal

Its on tractorhouse and the pto has never been used, why the tractor has never been worked is what Id like to know but it looks legitimate to me, askin price is 37,500

img0N4YSFHF.jpg

imgWUPFMVCZ.jpg

imgZ0AR9FOA.jpg

img16A8OV24.jpg

Still got the old style white filters bet it needs all fluids changed and flushed before being put into service again

it might have been bought and only used a few years doing tillage work.. and was kept clean by the previous owners..

Glad it isn't a 14! I may do something stupid! Pretty nice 15 though, from those few pictures it could be legit. people die and stuff stays for years before the family gets to where someone will part with it.

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Looks like another Wilke special.

It is.

The only thing off about it is the white duals with matching tires and the extended front knees with paint on them. From factory the knees would have been slid in more and no paint on part inside of main tube. The white rims are probably aftermarket rims, but with factory matching tires

I wonder if the dealer or original owner painted the front knee extensions so they would not rust? I pre-delivered many JD 4440's back in my younger days and always touched up paint so no bare spots were visible to the buyer... 

Nice lookin old 15.Doesnt need to be a working tractor at that price. Much more user-friendly "boxcar" Magnums out there for that money

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hawkron said:

I wonder if the dealer or original owner painted the front knee extensions so they would not rust? I pre-delivered many JD 4440's back in my younger days and always touched up paint so no bare spots were visible to the buyer... 

I am sure that’s what happened. Looks to have knees painted when they moved them. I am more intrigued by the white dual rims. Dads 1586 definitely had red duals from new.  Looks to have factory hubs but aftermarket wheels

I would love to have all 4 of those rears 👍😎 Dr Evil probably had something to do with the tires on the tractor 👍😊😊

Danny. 

2 hours ago, dale560 said:

The only thing off about it is the white duals with matching tires and the extended front knees with paint on them. From factory the knees would have been slid in more and no paint on part inside of main tube. The white rims are probably aftermarket rims, but with factory matching tires

Didn't someone on here say one time that the white hub/rim assemblies on IH tractors were usually aftermarket DMI's or something like that? I know the 1466 we used have years ago had white duals like that 

1 hour ago, Reichow7120 said:

Didn't someone on here say one time that the white hub/rim assemblies on IH tractors were usually aftermarket DMI's or something like that? I know the 1466 we used have years ago had white duals like that 

I do believe you’re correct on that. But I know a lot of guys painted their rims white for the look. When we got our 1256 new the rims were red and dad painted them white because he liked the look better. Have a neighbor who has a 1466 that did the same. I think the white is sharp 

We got those aftermarket dual rims back in the day , I think they Peterson was the name , they made dual hubs and rims .I mounted a lot of dual tires on the 86 series tractors when I started at IH .

Danny 

Danny, you probably mounted up the duals on my 66 or maybe that was a lil before time 😆

Hope your well!!

Slick

On 7/7/2020 at 2:53 PM, MinnesotaFarmall said:

I think, if I'm not mistaken, that those are aftermarket steps? Maybe I'm wrong.

My '78 1086 came with those style steps.

• Like 1
On 7/8/2020 at 10:36 PM, boog said:

My '78 1086 came with those style steps.

They must have changed to the wider steps some time in '78 as my Hydro 186 had the wider steps but it's a late '78. 

There are some interesting things about this tractor. It has the original rear tires they say, but it has brand new fronts??? Why does it need new fronts when the rears look that good? The coolant filter was added later, but maybe the first 86's didn't have them yet, anyway it was added later. It would not have had a cast weight base and only the very last 81's had the new style suitcase weights so clearly that stuff was added after 1981. It also has IH dual hubs, but has Peterson dual wheel rims. I find that very odd. If you got duals, you would normally have gotten all IH stuff or all Peterson stuff. Could have been a dealer thing, but different for sure. And as some stated the front axle was partially painted after it was set for what is about 44 inch rows! Holy cow why would anyone set it that wide? Anyway it was painted after they set it the way it is. Just my observations after looking at it on TH. I am not picking on it, just observing. I think it is probably possibly the real deal. It is a very nice 1586 for sure, but not $37,500 nice IMO.