Jump to content
vtfireman85

Millennial philosophy 🤬🤬🤬

Recommended Posts

So we’re on Vacation with family. My wife’s cousin is all loosing her mind that she was soooo busy doing???? That she forgot to file for unemployment yesterday now she’s late for filing. 

She says that no one is hiring anywhere. I suggested that Ruger was hiring and it is in driving distance from where she lives. After I explained that ruger was an American manufacturing of firearms she went off on a tirade about the evils of guns and stated she would NEVER work for a gun company. 

I said so you are willing  sit here on the lake in your bathing suit with your hand out taking money from people who WILL work for companies that are beneath you to work for, and you can’t even do them the courtesy of asking for your hand out before the deadline? 

Her response was rude... and I walked away. 

I realize I just made the cut to be a millennial myself, but I am embarrassed for my generation. 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found out  2 relatives my kids age have been to every protest in Desmoines area and are fully on board with doing away with police and minimun income for all. 

Bil said his son claims all police are bad. Smh. I said thats a highly prejudicial statement. My question was so according to blm all white folks are racist and predjudice for being born white and American. What is your sons response to that?  He agreed with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job to both of you!  If you don't point out the error of their ways, all is lost.  We have raised a generation of idiots, with the exception of a few like you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Found out  2 relatives my kids age have been to every protest in Desmoines area and are fully on board with doing away with police and minimun income for all. 

Bil said his son claims all police are bad. Smh. I said thats a highly prejudicial statement. My question was so according to blm all white folks are racist and predjudice for being born white and American. What is your sons response to that?  He agreed with me. 

Not trying to be rude or start a fight but I think your bil needs to do a better job of teaching to  his kid. I obviously don’t know them or the situation but He’s been brainwashed somewhere by someone. If my kids think like that I would feel like I failed as a parent. I Know there is a good chance I will be feeling that way also with my kids mother being clueless on things and having no problems taking handouts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

Not trying to be rude or start a fight but I think your bil needs to do a better job of teaching to  his kid. I obviously don’t know them or the situation but He’s been brainwashed somewhere by someone. If my kids think like that I would feel like I failed as a parent. I Know there is a good chance I will be feeling that way also with my kids mother being clueless on things and having no problems taking handouts. 

Well the boat has sailed on that situation but apparently Bil and his son have had some arguments over the phone on these matters. 

But i agree he is buying into a whole line of baloney. My kids were not suprised in the least they dont think like their cousin tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Well the boat has sailed on that situation but apparently Bil and his son have had some arguments over the phone on these matters. 

But i agree he is buying into a whole line of baloney. My kids were not suprised in the least they dont think like their cousin tho. 

Kid raised after a divorce? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all started a while ago. They started telling kids in school to expect respect. So the kids sucked it up. my own daughter came home and told me that I had to respect her. When I ask her why? What had she done to EARN respect I got that deer in the headlights look. But other parents didn't notice that. Add in the government started calling public assistance "entitlements". That's another load of BS. An entitlement is earned. But we, the voting public let them get away with it. And this is exactly what they were trying to build. A whole generation who thought the world owed them something even though they didn't earn a darned thing.

Rant over!

Rick 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

This all started a while ago. They started telling kids in school to expect respect. So the kids sucked it up. my own daughter came home and told me that I had to respect her. When I ask her why? What had she done to EARN respect I got that deer in the headlights look. But other parents didn't notice that. Add in the government started calling public assistance "entitlements". That's another load of BS. An entitlement is earned. But we, the voting public let them get away with it. And this is exactly what they were trying to build. A whole generation who thought the world owed them something even though they didn't earn a darned thing.

Rant over!

Rick 

good movie,  discusses whats owed you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkUwE_Po-s

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Well the boat has sailed on that situation but apparently Bil and his son have had some arguments over the phone on these matters. 

But i agree he is buying into a whole line of baloney. My kids were not suprised in the least they dont think like their cousin tho. 

Like I said I might be having the same arguments with mine in a few years and I will feel like I failed if it happens. Me, my wife, and their grandma are doing everything we can to show them right and all the praying we can that it sticks. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To quote Rodney Dangerfield from caddyshack,  NOW I KNOW WHY TIGERS EAT THIER YOUNG...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

Kid raised after a divorce? 

Parents not divorced and home schooled till college age. This particular kid has always leaned that way, coupled with the influnce of another cousin who i think leans even farther that way. These are all mid 20s young adults in talking about. College educated ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iowaboy1965 said:

Parents not divorced and home schooled till college age. This particular kid has always leaned that way, coupled with the influnce of another cousin who i think leans even farther that way. These are all mid 20s young adults in talking about. College educated ect.

College formed then probably.

Question, he work or he still sponging off his parents? If its the later you'll be surprised if they cut him off and throw him to the Wolves how quickly attitudes change. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

College formed then probably.

Question, he work or he still sponging off his parents? If its the later you'll be surprised if they cut him off and throw him to the Wolves how quickly attitudes change. 

He is on his own but struggling. Currently unemployed due to virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the situation Seth. Just remember it isn’t your fault and you can’t fix someone who doesn’t want help. I’m just a couple years older than you and I was offended when I was notified one day that I was a “millennial”. I won’t go into my response. All you can do is question things like you did and try to be a better influence through facts and actions. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very frustrating situation, my wife’s family are hard working and came from what could be described as a privileged background, some of the kids have really really taken the advantage of the advantage they have been given and made something of themselves. My wife for example, college education completed in 3.5 years and was in a job in her field right out of school. Had her loans paid off in 3 years and then put herself through grad school while working full time, her sister spent 2 years unemployed because she’s un-employable and lost her first job because she moved over an hour from her work and couldn’t manage to get up in time to get there, grossly overweight and with a severe personality disorder. She’s well educated, but I feel it’s beyond her intelligence. Similar situation in in the other branch of the family, one has herself together, the other is the afore mentioned cousin. It drives my FIL mad, he’s a good man and has done his best, I blame oxygen deprivation at birth.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Queryd couple grandkids the other day about U.S. and Idaho history the other day. Shocking what they did not know. And we are a pretty rural area. I guess I will have a new part time job. Without the facts of history, you can't understand the principles.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parents are doing a poor job of teaching their kids, well almost anything.  Even people I consider good parents say, Why aren't they teaching that in school?  I tell them it's their job to teach their kids.  Usual answer is to busy or I work and dont have time. It's a parents job to teach their kids and most parents fail.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also. Friendly reminder. I'm a millennial. People aren't monolithic. It's not an age group. Or a party. Or race. Or a gender. 

When you blame one group of people, you look just as ignorant as the next group of people. 

When you blame millennials. Or black people. Or democrats. Or republicans. You're lumping "human beings" into a group based on a prejudice you hold. 

Just an observation. Your family member is an individual. And her actions are wholly her own.

It isn't millennial mentality or woman mentality or racial or political. 

Ignorance is wholly owned by an individual....and spread by the silver tongue. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

Also. Friendly reminder. I'm a millennial. People aren't monolithic. It's not an age group. Or a party. Or race. Or a gender. 

When you blame one group of people, you look just as ignorant as the next group of people. 

When you blame millennials. Or black people. Or democrats. Or republicans. You're lumping "human beings" into a group based on a prejudice you hold. 

Just an observation. Your family member is an individual. And her actions are wholly her own.

It isn't millennial mentality or woman mentality or racial or political. 

Ignorance is wholly owned by an individual....and spread by the silver tongue. 

I am too, and you are correct, not all are like that but there is an overwhelming majority of this generation who are like this.... and it is scary. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone is pigeon holing, just recognizing a trend.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I am too, and you are correct, not all are like that but there is an overwhelming majority of this generation who are like this.... and it is scary. 

Agreed and well said. 

Now to ask a question for anyone who wishes to answer. 

HOW DO WE BEGIN TO FIX THIS?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too late, it took 2 generations to mess it up, will probably take 3 to fix it. Just make sure your kids, grandkids, great grandkids aren't morons.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

HOW DO WE BEGIN TO FIX THIS?  

Don't worry, the way our government has been operating this year. The gravy train from them is going to end and then the pain is truly going to begin and no amount of temper tantrums is going to change it. If the money the government is issuing is worthless you can hold a ton of it but it won't do squat for you. They'll have to buck up to survive or not but those who don't will have a very hard road to survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cobfly said:

Too late, it took 2 generations to mess it up, will probably take 3 to fix it. Just make sure your kids, grandkids, great grandkids aren't morons.

Ive said on here before that humans aren't really that smart in the grand scheme of things. In reality on this planet we're supposedly the smartest species here. Its like being the smartest kid in a special ed room. You're top of the class, great. But you definitely aren't a Rhodes Scholar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

107358204_3029936247043287_803242761636690291_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=AnW16in6YA0AX-KN2dE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=24951c2f9547d5561eeca9d87245f839&oe=5F282B01

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...