For those following along, I completed the install of my rebuilt steering clutches on my 1945 TD9 on Saturday and tried to go for a drive to test them out.  The problem is I can't get it into gear when the engine is running.  I thought maybe the engine clutch was frozen but when I shut it down I can turn the input shaft with my hand easily with it in neutral.  Then I noticed there is no friction material on the clutch coupling (part #266457R91).  Has anyone had new material riveted on or should I just go buy a new one?  FP Smith and GG both have them, I think.

Thanks

Reline your existing coupler, FP Smith has the lining with rivets (259689R1). McMaster Carr has friction material and rivets, you will have to cut, drill and countersink the material, that's another option. The rivets are 3/16's x 7/16's tubular.

Thanks Louie.  I'll call FP Smith for a price.  I thought about going to McMaster for the friction material, but I didn't know the spec on the thickness or friction coefficient so I thought I would ask here first to see if someone did.

When I relined my brake I used the McMaster Carr 1/4" THK semi metallic material and had it cut on a water jet.  Let me know if you need the material specifications and CAD drawing.  You will also need brass rivets.

Gene 

Thanks Gene.  Already on order from FP Smith.  They only wanted $34 and it came with the rivets so I figured that was a decent price.  Can you send me the CAD anyway?  I will add it to my information file.

Matt

Not a bad price as I probably had that much into material and rivets.  PM me your E-mail address as I cannot download the files to this site.

That is what I figured.  I like McMaster for their wide array of materials, but they aren't known for being cheap.  Then there's the trouble of fabrication I would just as soon avoid.  My time is worth more than the $34.  PM sent.