Sign in to follow this  
Art From Coleman

If The 3-Gorges Dam In China Collapses, WILL

The MEDIA, and the government require us to wear life jackets?

China’s Huge Three Gorges Dam Is Now Displaced – Fears Dam May Burst Due to Pressure from Recent Flooding with 400 Million at Risk

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/chinas-huge-three-gorges-dam-now-displaced-fears-dam-may-burst-due-pressure-recent-flooding-400-million-risk/

However, as they always do, when the FACTS are lacking, the MEDIA leave themselves an 'out', by using the word "MAY", instead of 'reporting anything factual, they resort to sensationalist, conjectural, drama.

CNN, the nation's #1 supplier of FAKE 'news', is saying that the "displacement' is far less than that evidenced by the huge 'bow' visible at Boulder dam, and that the only reason that Boulder dam has not collapsed is because of the low water level of Lake Mead, which is caused by 'man-made gloBULL warming".

Well, the before and after aerial pics certainly show it has moved visibly.

Evidently with 1.4 billion, they arent concerned with drowning 400m..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

One would hope they would have designed it for at least the 500 year flood but sadly since they have back peddled on the design criteria twice that is a little concerning.

We already seen one large disaster created by a communist ruled society that being  Chernobyl perhaps this will be the next.

They had better get that  Flex Tape factory working 24/7

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they build there Dams with the same quality of material that they ship to the U.S.A. i wouldn't want to be downstream .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The below video is rather long, but truly quite amazing. Reason it came to mind though is you get to see the horrible chinese concrete workmanship. If that dam is anywhere near as bad, it's amazing it hasn't crumbled already.

3 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

If they build there Dams with the same quality of material that they ship to the U.S.A. i wouldn't want to be downstream .

X2!!! Some one needs to go over there and teach metallurgy! Then it needs to be policed.

7 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Some one needs to go over there and teach metallurgy! Then it needs to be policed.

I dare say no one needs to go over there, the Chinese are quite capable of stealing all the technology or anything else needed.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Wasn’t the media talking this up as one of the greatest builds ever constructed and that the axis of the Earth would tip because of how much water it would hold back? 
Funny how there was no concern about global warming when they said that. Or is global warming just because of America’s faults and no one else’s?

18 hours ago, DT Fan said:

X2!!! Some one needs to go over there and teach metallurgy! Then it needs to be policed.

You hit the nail on the head. While we don't like to admit it corruption is part of human nature. I don't care if it's a government official elected or not including LEOs, a business leader or a preacher running a mega church. The reason that corruption is part of human nature is that greed is part of human nature. We all want more. Even the hyper wealthy either want more money or power. We in the west like to pretend that corruption doesn't exist. Other than a handful of western European countries, the US and Canada corruption is a way of life. Eastern Europe, Russia, most of the Mid East, Africa, India China, South East Asia, all of south America and Mexico it's part of daily life. Starts at the lowest levels and goes up from there. Little bribe here and there just to get anything done. I'm not saying it's right. Just the way things are.

Rick

What design software did they use ?

Concrete in Hoover dam is still curing ? 

2 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

CAD - Chinese Accident Designs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

45 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

CAD - Chinese Accident Designs

In there quest to steal foreign companies technology I think they forgot or missed a few lines of code.

22 hours ago, DT Fan said:

BINGO!  Last company I worked at hired a Supplier Quality Engineer, who'd job it was to go to China 3-4 times a year, visit suppliers and see what kinds of process control, documentation, inspection processes, inspection equipment, etc then review past inspections, see what the results were, if they found ways to get the processes under control, and if follow up inspections were done to confirm capable processes.  He said most companies had examples they could show him, but they NEVER consistently improve completely,  the actual workers think they are doing their company a favor throwing melamine into baby food, or pet food, poison their customer's children and pets,  even put it in tooth paste to poison the customers. Normally there is a price increase to get metals that are made per universally recognized formulas,  they can't throw all the crap swept up off the floor into the furnace.  A brass and aluminum foundry near me had problems with brittle brass castings because calcium was added to the metal, and NO calcium is allowed in brass. The employees think tossing hazardous wastes into the furnace is GOOD for the company, better than the company having to pay to have hazardous wastes disposed of properly.  Eventually, China will be one HUGE cesspool, unfit for human habitation. 14-15 years ago the Chinese Gov't demanded all heavy air polluting companies to shut down the month before the Olympics and during the Olympics.  They didn't think having disgusting brown air to breath was going to show China in a good light.  It's really a shame we have to share this planet with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

BINGO!  Last company I worked at hired a Supplier Quality Engineer, who'd job it was to go to China 3-4 times a year, visit suppliers and see what kinds of process control, documentation, inspection processes, inspection equipment, etc then review past inspections, see what the results were, if they found ways to get the processes under control, and if follow up inspections were done to confirm capable processes.  He said most companies had examples they could show him, but they NEVER consistently improve completely,  the actual workers think they are doing their company a favor throwing melamine into baby food, or pet food, poison their customer's children and pets,  even put it in tooth paste to poison the customers. Normally there is a price increase to get metals that are made per universally recognized formulas,  they can't throw all the crap swept up off the floor into the furnace.  A brass and aluminum foundry near me had problems with brittle brass castings because calcium was added to the metal, and NO calcium is allowed in brass. The employees think tossing hazardous wastes into the furnace is GOOD for the company, better than the company having to pay to have hazardous wastes disposed of properly.  Eventually, China will be one HUGE cesspool, unfit for human habitation. 14-15 years ago the Chinese Gov't demanded all heavy air polluting companies to shut down the month before the Olympics and during the Olympics.  They didn't think having disgusting brown air to breath was going to show China in a good light.  It's really a shame we have to share this planet with them.

The pendulum is already swinging.  The companies are moving elsewhere as the Chinese are starting to act on environmental, safety, and other issues. Still a long way to go but it is changing. 

also, Like you mentioned you can get high quality parts from China (Built to spec), but the price is comparable to other places, such as American, so why bother going overseas 

7 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

Concrete in Hoover dam is still curing ? 

If you are asking, yes, apparently up to 125 years at the base, and it is getting stronger every day. In arts original post it is mentioned the bow and the possibility of collapse? The structure has an apparent life span of 10,000 years, ( google info) not  bad for some built 85 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

If you are asking, yes, apparently up to 125 years at the base, and it is getting stronger every day. In arts original post it is mentioned the bow and the possibility of collapse? The structure has an apparent life span of 10,000 years, ( google info) not  bad for some built 85 years ago. 

Took the tour in 2014. Pretty neat how it was poured as an assembly of individual blocks. 

2 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Took the tour in 2014. Pretty neat how it was poured as an assembly of individual blocks. 

What impressed me was the cooling lines that were then filled themselves with concrete, I wish the lake would fill again because it’s looking pretty bleak with a huge bath ring showing.

I flew some folks into Chongqing back in the early '90s so they could visit/cruise the Yangtze before the dam made it disappear forever. Although the crew didn't get to see any of it the passengers described the cultural sites the Chinese were moving along with massive relocation of the populace.

Picked them up downstream at............Wuhan!

Interestingly that while Beijing at the time was all bicycles Chongqing was so hilly there were very few. I was flying for a company beginning to do business in China and we visited Chongqing, Chunking as we learned in school, as it was a regional capitol as is Wuhan, another occasional stop. In both places the guard on our plane was carrying an SKS just like the many Norinco imported here. I've got a Russian SKS which has a milled receiver rather than the stamped looking one on the Chinese version.