660 driver

Dr.Pol,incredible or not? You decide!

So im catching some rare tv time after a nice long weekend of camping so i decided to watch the incredible dr.pol for a bit. I enjoy him. He seems a no nonsense,no frills but dang good vet. What are the panels thoughts that have seen the show? Incredible or not? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thumbs up!

• Like 1

Wife and I enjoy his program. Read he is trying to sell the business and retire. So far no takers. He's in his late seventies now. Guessing he is old school, new school is a  lot of equipment  and tests $$$. His large animal crowd is really going to miss him when he's gone.   

1 minute ago, oldfarmkid said:

Wife and I enjoy his program. Read he is trying to sell the business and retire. So far no takers. He's in his late seventies now. Guessing he is old school, new school is a  lot of equipment  and tests $$$. His large animal crowd is really going to miss him when he's gone.   

I think a lot of people will miss him once hes gone. 

I love his show. His animal husbandry is truly incredible. His personality/humor is what makes the show fun to watch. Major bonus, no F bombs spoken.

• Like 4

We have/had our own version of him here, Dr. Lash who opened his clinic in 1963.

He retired just months ago in his mid 80s.

He did my yorkie Chubs hip surgery last summer when my thoroughbred Chance stepped on him.

His clinic now employs 9 vets.

Dr. Lash did it all. 

Large/small/wild zoo/reptilian. 

A gift from God he is.

Never seen it but heard great things, I’ll add t to the list to watch. 

Great vet, great show. Old school , don’t give up on an animal. Granddaughter absolutely loves his show

I havent watched his show for a couple years but enjoyed it when I did.

Nothing else worth watching  Tonight so we are still watching it he Seems real and is Down to earth 

Actually was just thinking of turning him on and watching some Dr. Pol with my eldest here. I enjoy it, and can even watch for some red iron here and there.  

The lack of cattle facilities always amaze me, just tie the bull to that wooden post that will pull down shed, some of those cattle crushes, my cows would pick up and walk away with.

My brother is a Vet in Connecticut and he can tell lots of stories about poor livestock handling facilities. 
I have poor facilities here but am working towards better ones. I can rope. I do have a 5 1/2 piece of pipe stuck in the ground and have horses enough to stretch a bovine out. 

19 hours ago, 5288IH said:

The lack of cattle facilities always amaze me, just tie the bull to that wooden post that will pull down shed, some of those cattle crushes, my cows would pick up and walk away with.

The fact they don't even have 3 heavy duty corral panels that can be tied to something the cow cannot move.

Probably a good Vet in real life but you guys crack me up when it looks like you are forgetting the fact that it’s a television show . It’s scripted , staged, and planned out . With the magic of editing and dozens of different camera angles anyone can be a “Good Vet” 

Some of those 30 to 45 second scenes may take all day to shoot. 

Once you know how Hollywood works and you start counting camera angles these shows become a bit less amazing. 

Like the  Bear Gryll episode where he is hanging on to a tree root off a cliff with one hand going to slip at any second and fall thousands of feet to his death but somehow amazingly enough the camera man was able to reach the top to film it from above and what you don’t see just off camera are six vans and trucks with generators , lights, extension cords, tripods, microphones, gas grills cooking lunch for 25 people working on the set, extra clothes, shoes, food, water, tables, cars,  helicopters , girl friends , wives and children, on and  on and on . 

It never  ceases to amaze me  how everyone forgets that. 

2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Probably a good Vet in real life but you guys crack me up when it looks like you are forgetting the fact that it’s a television show . It’s scripted , staged, and planned out . With the magic of editing and dozens of different camera angles anyone can be a “Good Vet” 

Once you know how Hollywood works and you start counting camera angles these shows become a bit less amazing. 

Like the  Bear Gryll episode where he is hanging on to a tree root off a cliff with one hand going to slip at any second and fall thousands of feet to his death but somehow amazingly enough the camera man was able to reach the top to film it from above and what you don’t see just off camera are six vans and trucks with generators , lights, extension cords, tripods, microphones, gas grills cooking lunch for 25 people working on the set, extra clothes, shoes, food, water, tables, cars,  helicopters , girl friends , wives and children, on and  on and on . 

talk about your bubble burster!...................:(

• Haha 1

I think hes the real article. Period. My whole family likes to watch his show. 

4 hours ago, MTO said:

talk about your bubble burster!...................:(

Lorenzo is even more cynical than I am. Although I suspect most of that comment is true. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Your starting to sound like OT. 😂

Question though, have you watched it? 

On 7/6/2020 at 12:16 AM, 5288IH said:

Since Dr. Pol is in Michigan, his facilities most likely suit him fine.  Generally, when my vet visits, she utilizes my livestock holding pens and chutes.  I do not trailer sick animals and travel to her facility, I have no issue with paying for the ranch visit.  When Dr. Pol goes down under, perhaps you can provide the facilities for him?

I've been at the neighbors farm when Doc shows up.  Not much scripting, the camera crew has to move fast and hard to keep up with what he is doing.

I am at Clare, Mi.  a few miles north of the Doc--NO SCRIPTING WITH HIM....Saving an animal is in real time.  Nephew had him on the farm-A beefer had an apple stuck..NO TIME FOR A SET UP-----The beef died.....

24 minutes ago, lenray said:

I am at Clare, Mi.  a few miles north of the Doc--NO SCRIPTING WITH HIM....Saving an animal is in real time.  Nephew had him on the farm-A beefer had an apple stuck..NO TIME FOR A SET UP-----The beef died.....

Those don’t end up on TV  and that’s precisely what I mean . Yes I have watched it , yes he is good but so are thousands of other vets . The only magic he has is the magic of Hollywood. 

Hey you asked for opinions , I gave one! 

The TV show is NOT a true  representation of the real everyday life of a Vet. 

But if you like stuff like that then you should also tune into ice road truckers , and the one about moonshine lol

or one of the following 

Hes old school and thats what i enjoy. Im gonna wager his show is much closer to reality than most reality based shows. I watch one episode when he drilled a hole in a horses sinus to releive a puss buildup from an infection. He stuck the hose up to the sinus hole he made and flushed the puss and gunk right out the horses nose!