Sign in to follow this  
MTO

Polka Party

Every Sunday morning I listen to a small local country station.

Polka Party hosted by Big Moose.

Uplifting music and no, i ain't Polish.

Question tho, he keeps saying "two times"

What does that represent?

• Like 1

Don't know what  " two times"   is. But will have to listen at noon today.

There is a gal ( Clarissa Lynn ) that is on KBMR 1130 out of Bismarck ND that has a polka party every Sunday at noon for two hours.

She has a big following in central and south central ND. Also does some live shows from Dickinson, Napoleon, Strawsburg  and that area south east of Bismarck.

8 minutes ago, Timothy56 said:

Don't know what  " two times"   is. But will have to listen at noon today.

There is a gal ( Clarissa Lynn ) that is on KBMR 1130 out of Bismarck ND that has a polka party every Sunday at noon for two hours.

She has a big following in central and south central ND. Also does some live shows from Dickinson, Napoleon, Strawsburg  and that area south east of Bismarck.

Was just going to post something about KBMR 1130. When you get down in the Napoleon, Linton, Strasburg area you are in the heart of the Iron Triangle, nickname for the Germans from Russia that settled the area.  KBMR always has the person of the day. If you see or recognize that person you are supposed to say hi to them. Lawrence Welk was raised in that area.

I love polka

Grew up with it.

Lived ten miles away from Wilbur Nebraska

AKA Czech capital of the world . Huge population of of Czech here .

My school bus driver had his own band called Hank Zahourik and the melody masters . Other local bands here called  Math Sladkey and the thirsty four, Ernie Kucheria , Big Rich and the fish  tailers . 

https://youtu.be/Ky13bws-w0o

But what is "2 times"

7 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Grew up with it.

Lived ten miles away from Wilbur Nebraska

AKA Czech capital of the world . Huge population of of Czech here .

My school bus driver had his own band called Hank Zahourik and the melody masters . Other local bands here called  Math Sladkey and the thirsty four, Ernie Kucheria , Big Rich and the fish  tailers . 

https://youtu.be/Ky13bws-w0o

1800 to 50k!

Where did they sleep?!

l like polka l guess. But what's kind of weird that if you listen to polka, cajun zydeco or mexican oompa, they all basically sound the same.  😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTO said:

Every Sunday morning I listen to a small local country station.

Polka Party hosted by Big Moose.

Uplifting music and no, i ain't Polish.

Question tho, he keeps saying "two times"

What does that represent?

Is it something about a dance move? You do it twice?

Square dance calling might be a similar comparison?

Molly b and her husband Ted Lang have been my source of entertainment for 3 months now. I found her repeat shows on RFD then discovered her you tube videos. I can't keep interested in anything on TV anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Is it something about a dance move? You do it twice?

Square dance calling might be a similar comparison?

Dunno, why I asked all the RPF soothsayers.

• Like 1

I've listened to my share of polka shows and I've never heard anybody keep saying "Two times," so you'd have to know the context to understand why he says it.

Just now, lightninboy said:

I've listened to my share of polka shows and I've never heard anybody keep saying "Two times," so you'd have to know the context to understand why he says it.

Well, this is beer drinkin/tobacco chewin/gun toting country

Lawrence wells drummer was a distant relative on dads side. The relatives on my maternal grandmother lived close to the Welk homestead.

43E15FB0-CF6B-4224-AB55-28466D6AA077.png

Polka is ok,  She likes Kielbasa better than fish,  But, if you want to get down,  Then you need a dose of Franzl Lang.

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

Lawrence wells drummer was a distant relative on dads side. The relatives on my maternal grandmother lived close to the Welk homestead.

43E15FB0-CF6B-4224-AB55-28466D6AA077.png

That is something, wing nuts in my family would fight each other to get the set fired up to watch Myron Floren(sp?) playing the squeeze box.   

Every Saturday morning at 9 is the Polka Party! WUNH!!!!! Love it! 

Uncle brian turned me on to it!

Right before is the stump jumper sit in! 

2 hours ago, Allredallday said:

Jak se mas ?

Actualy spelled YaK say Mash ——-meaning how are you? 

A common reply from any Czech would be 

Dobzay ———-  Meaning  good 

I visit Wilbur often and pick up  Kolache’s at Franks smoke house . 

I always great them YaK say  Mash

This one ALWAYS packs the dance floor . 

It’s my favorite . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Actualy spelled YaK say Mash ——-meaning how are you? 

A common reply from any Czech would be 

Dobzay ———-  Meaning  good 

I visit Wilbur often and pick up  Kolache’s at Franks smoke house . 

I always great them YaK say  Mash

good grief lorenzo no wonder u are ornery, you have eaten too much wilber rye, kolache's, wilber wieners and fairbury summer sausage - my aunt/uncle lived in wilber for YEARS - i grew up going there pheasant hunting on their property every year. Aunt Blanche ( CZECH ) ran an antique store for years, they owned the Wilber Hotel, a Bar, were in partners with the Wilber Wieners and sold them. Uncle Bat was owner of the Ford Dealership there from 50s to late 60s, early 70s. Lots of history there for me and the Searcy clan in/around Wilber. My cousin still owns the Wilber Bakery recipes for their rye bread and kolaches. The rye sticks, the butter rolls/like a croissant if you remember those. 

You probably now most my old family around there. Had a farm over at shickley also. 

Karpisek's owned the market before Frank had it IIRC. There will never be a better summer sausage than Fairbury but they would never sell the recipe. Some kind of family secret that will die with them from what I heard. Frank has tried to duplicate it but has never come close in my book. I miss all that stuff and the flavors. 

Did you ever talk to or run into Marv Synovec he and Shirley were GREAT folks. He was a terrific farmer. 

My grandma klindworth always had polka on the am radio in the kitchen. Since shes been gone it just hasnt been the same visiting there. Grandpa never has the radio on. Hes either sleeping,reading the paper,or watching tv. My mother loved music as well. She always played christmas music around christmas time on her cd player. Once again dad doesnt play music at home so its not quite the same. I dont mind polka,it reminds me of old legion halls with fish frys and grandmas kitchen.

1 minute ago, 660 driver said:

My grandma klindworth always had polka on the am radio in the kitchen. Since shes been gone it just hasnt been the same visiting there. Grandpa never has the radio on. Hes either sleeping,reading the paper,or watching tv. My mother loved music as well. She always played christmas music around christmas time on her cd player. Once again dad doesnt play music at home so its not quite the same. I dont mind polka,it reminds me of old legion halls with fish frys and grandmas kitchen.

Polka music is playing 24/7 in the down town area of Wilber . It’s not load but when you park in front of a down town store you here it .