the field across the road from my living room window. I'm 6' tall. I also have some that is just over knee high.

1431776998_2003-03-0211_15_53.thumb.jpg.3e4bca1d10064ee1448baacdce43afd9.jpg

And some pictures I took from the flat while I was baling first cutting a couple weeks ago. New seeding in the foreground. First picture is the home farm, then the neighbors' places.

1248334270_2003-02-1210_16_57.thumb.jpg.cc7803abbbf7722dc3b4349e2c19d6f1.jpg

757427375_2003-02-1210_17_17.thumb.jpg.db320bec47052898a20e376bf4058286.jpg

1194716887_2003-02-1210_17_26.thumb.jpg.1cd3fab4a90fbb275177a9e747f6b2fc.jpg

• Like 11

Looking great.

Our tallest plabted 4/22 is knee high...terrible.

Some still in ground....most juuust barn boot tall.  Coolest and wettest June for some rec books

Darn al gore

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Looking good Bill!!! I especially like the farmstead pictures from the flat!!! 
Has your area been getting moisture, I’ve been hearing it’s dry out east?!

Blaine

Ours is chest high, more or less.

We have had the 90's with high humidity.

Super corn growing weather but hard on the people.

We could use a touch of rain, just to keep up, but not a lot.

If this keeps up, with no hard water, it could be a bumper crop.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

That corn is way ahead of most around here! Ours is just getting to waist height and we really need rain. It has been 90* and dry and corn is starting to roll up, hoping for some thunderstorms to pop up but they have been few and far between. Usually it gets really humid and we have a storm, this heat wave has been lower humidity. Haven't had more than a quarter inch in 3 weeks.

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Looking good Bill!!! I especially like the farmstead pictures from the flat!!! 
Has your area been getting moisture, I’ve been hearing it’s dry out east?!

Blaine

Most of the rain for the last week-10 days has been hit and miss. 2 weeks ago, I was rigging up a water tank on a trailer to water the gardens. Then we got  1 1/2" of rain over 4 days, so I didn't need the trailer.Now its getting dry again.

Wife and I went to Fry's in Muncy, Pa, for New Holland baler parts (2 1/2 hrs away), 10 days ago, and there was corn curling near the NY/PA state line then. 2nd cutting will be short.

We went to Tyler TEXAS over the weekend. Left to early to see the local corn Friday, but did notice that by the time it got light enough to see, we were around Wichita, the corn was mostly tasseled out. 
Today I see the corn a couple miles from the house is tasseled. Saw some Milo headed out around Dallas? 

Most of ours Is shoulder high, and rolled up like a cigar! Some rain soon would be nice, but forecast is in the nineties and little chance of moisture for the next week yet.

IMG_1912.JPG

4 hours ago, Farmerboy72 said:

Most of ours Is shoulder high, and rolled up like a cigar! Some rain soon would be nice, but forecast is in the nineties and little chance of moisture for the next week yet.

IMG_1912.JPG

Yup.  Feeling it here in SE MI too.  Too darn hot and no rain for days.  

I know the corn out this way in the south east is not looking good. Areas around me have been getting some rain but it's been 4 weeks since we have any that amounts to anything. There's some that was planted in early may that is barely knee high if that and curled bad. 

9 hours ago, ny bill o said:

Most of the rain for the last week-10 days has been hit and miss. 2 weeks ago, I was rigging up a water tank on a trailer to water the gardens. Then we got  1 1/2" of rain over 4 days, so I didn't need the trailer.Now its getting dry again.

Wife and I went to Fry's in Muncy, Pa, for New Holland baler parts (2 1/2 hrs away), 10 days ago, and there was corn curling near the NY/PA state line then. 2nd cutting will be short.

I was a half mile from Fry's today ....

right here in central wis. we have a field that was sod last year, spring plowed , liguid manure and 240 pounds of starter, never been this good before about 5 plus feet tall and a dark green, however it is not all good , just a half of a mile away, another old sod field, we tried no till, right in the sod, germinated good, but the army worms also liked it a lot, only about 2 feet tall and uneven, generally most corn this year is very nice, a lot better than the last few years, we are cutting peas and triticale, some is over 4 feet tall, way to thick in some spots,   have never seen it that thick before ,

Great pics Bill.   Nice corn you have there.    Walked out in dads tonight.  It is over my head.    I’m 6’3”.   We could use some rain but crops look really good here.  

I have been respraying corn. The stuff we got planted early is doing pretty good for around here. We have been getting dry but we did get some relief lately. 600 acres to go yet

IMG_20200706_082645367.jpg

IMG_20200706_082708919.jpg

• Like 2

North Alabama and Southern KY have corn tasseled out, and ears showing. Got me to thinking, when was the earliest corn was ready for picking for some of you? When I was a kid, it was late September or October before it got picked.

Some of the best corn we have seen in years, especially since it froze on may 5th and we got some hail 3 weeks later. just starting to tassel here in south central minnesota

Here is my 88 year old mom with my three kids on Saturday after we finished bailing hay

corn 1.JPG

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Haven't seen tassels in NW iowa yet. I walked in on the 4th though and it is over my head and I am 6'6" tall without my boots on.

Saw some corn tasseling west of rock Valley yesterday 

18 hours ago, todd674 said:

North Alabama and Southern KY have corn tasseled out, and ears showing. Got me to thinking, when was the earliest corn was ready for picking for some of you? When I was a kid, it was late September or October before it got picked.

I think I ground some HMEC (to feed) one year in late Sept. usually not ready for shell corn until late Oct or early November.