mmi

5130 steering

i would take seals and orings to a hydraulic repair shop and have them matched up. caseih and others are way overpriced on their parts

15 hours ago, Little Red said:

i would take seals and orings to a hydraulic repair shop and have them matched up. caseih and others are way overpriced on their parts

that is a 3 hour trip and they dont sell parts would be $400 + for service

they charge $425 to service a $389 HW jack

I would assume this is a 4WD steering cylinder? If so I have packed many of them over the years. I have always used the CaseIH kit, largely because I am doing other work to the tractor and need to order a bunch of parts away. I never measured but am quite sure they would be a metric seal. Please do not take this wrong but we have a very good cylinder shop locally, if I was to take my old seals and go to cylinder shop to match seals up, honestly counting my time I may as well order the one from CaseIH. 

The kit will include 2 rod wipers, 2 high pressure rod seals, end cap o-ring. pistons wear and pressure seals. 

Take your steering joints off cylinder and remove 4 bolts on left side, end cap, rod and piston out. The barrel will stay in place.