Sign in to follow this  
Rusty shackleford

any MN guys going to the big rig roundup?

tractor pull today in butterfield MN, anyone plan on going? I will be there.Screenshot_20200629-130218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1af002e1c1a537940dc196a684a716d5.jpg

Sounds like a heckuva good way to spend the day.

Assume you will be pulling? Good luck Rusty!

• Thanks 1

Nope.

Rick

Sounds fun. Better let us know how it goes. I know you talked about taking the 1456 but are you taking the 560 also?

• Like 1

Just a bit too far away and I have grandad duties today:-)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Sounds fun. Better let us know how it goes. I know you talked about taking the 1456 but are you taking the 560 also?

I am taking the 1456, the smallest stock class is 13klbs so no 560, mostly hot stuff, i don't want to get into that hobby to spendy for this guy.i acutely enjoy pulls better when the tractors slowly creep to get feet

After seeing that it’s going to be Bungart’s sled, that 1456 better be in 1st high, and pull the TA early!! That’s a speed sled!!!

• Like 1

I think I'm the only stock tractor here, alot of these tractors wouldn't plow all day20200704_162713.thumb.jpg.3a9cb0db6b9824afac82369054473d7d.jpg

I was the only one in my class with a stock drawbar and what sounded like a factory fuel and turbo setup but I wasn't last and I wasnt to far behind the guy in front so fun day for me, video to come2005202042_Screenshot_20200704-181715_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.465e9edaeac76a4d8bf1d0601c94d435.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

After seeing that it’s going to be Bungart’s sled, that 1456 better be in 1st high, and pull the TA early!! That’s a speed sled!!!

Ya i shoulda took your advice ,I was in L 4 and at the end had to throttle down to not spin out, not having a short puller hitch hurt me a bunch, but it sure is fun, 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that. Thanks for the video. 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Ya i shoulda took your advice ,I was in L 4 and at the end had to throttle down to not spin out, not having a short puller hitch hurt me a bunch, but it sure is fun, 

It looked good out there!! But yeah farm stock is no longer farm stock!!! $25-$30,000 might get you close to the top three nowadays!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

It looked good out there!! But yeah farm stock is no longer farm stock!!! $25-$30,000 might get you close to the top three nowadays!!

The guy who won 1st said "wow your tractor looks like its used on the farm, mine could be if I changed the hitch and swapped the pumps back" I said " well then your tractor isn't out of field is it?"

1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

The guy who won 1st said "wow your tractor looks like its used on the farm, mine could be if I changed the hitch and swapped the pumps back" I said " well then your tractor isn't out of field is it?"

And I’m sure he also has bigger cubic inch engine, a double disc clutch, needle bearing differential, custom gears, puller TA with shaft support, and bigger turbo.  But yeah switch pump and hitch, it could sit near the field! 

• Haha 1