Wes806

Tire bead breaker tool

Has anyone used one of these? Had to fix tire on 806 rear tire.  I'm tried of fighting  Jack's and swing a hammer.

15937339368751801469482386430156.jpg

I haven’t. I was looking at them last month. There’s a couple guys on YouTube who’s made those things.

I was wondering if you could make something with a hydraulic spreader on  porta-power? I think it would be slick if it worked?

2 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

I haven’t. I was looking at them last month. There’s a couple guys on YouTube who’s made those things.

I was wondering if you could make something with a hydraulic spreader on  porta-power? I think it would be slick if it worked?

Think I'm going to order it tomorrow. Fought with the inside bead for 1 !/2 hours before it come loose. Tried of the holding jack till its tight that use a hammer trying to get it loose.  Outside bead no problem put a block of wood against it and back the truck up to put push in and hit with wedge hammer.  Works good.

• Like 1

I've had one for a couple years. It's a great tool. I've dismounted all the way from car tires up to 20.8 x 38's.  I also bought some Ken-tool tire irons from a local farm store. I am almost getting good at it. Still hate fluid filled tires.

• Thanks 1

I got one last year for the same reasons,  I like to do tires on the tractor

It's no problem now, no time, no stress, no sweat

Now if they just made a couple of loops in the tire sidewall you could get a hold of to set the bead.......

Out of all the tools you seldom use you won't regret it

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Think I'm going to order it tomorrow. Fought with the inside bead for 1 !/2 hours before it come loose. Tried of the holding jack till its tight that use a hammer trying to get it loose.  Outside bead no problem put a block of wood against it and back the truck up to put push in and hit with wedge hammer.  Works good.

What are you using for tire irons and wedge hammer?

I bought two long tire irons plus a couple spoons (as I call them and the wedge hammer is a tire breaker hammer.   

• Like 1

I have one. It might be a twin to the one in the picture. Used it many times, and is absolutely worth the $175 I paid for it. No more $250 service calls. You can repair your tires nights and weekends if you have to. You can put a patch on your tire/tube if you want when the repair guy is not allowed to. He is required to put in a new tube to "warranty" the repair. That tool works on the car sized tires up to 20.8x 38's. Probably larger tires, but that is the biggest I have done.

• Like 1

I bought a cheaper one from harbor fright and it has taken several sets loose but it did bend one of the jaws which was soft metal. If you are going do more than a couple spend a little$$ more than cheapest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cedar farm said:

I've had one for a couple years. It's a great tool. I've dismounted all the way from car tires up to 20.8 x 38's.  I also bought some Ken-tool tire irons from a local farm store. I am almost getting good at it. Still hate fluid filled tires.

Just poke a nail in a fluid filled tire. It magically leaks away.

• Like 1

I bought a pair or fixer upper 560s and I decided to be cheap I was going to change the rear tires myself, probably 8 years ago. Well I couldn't get it to come off the bead so I finally loaded them up and took them 60 miles away to a little tire shop I knew about. He had a machine that an arm would come over and grab the outer rim in the center with a expanding collet. He could then with remote controls pick it up and rotate the tire. When he had it in its locked position the was another arm that came over with what looked like a 1/2 thick disk blade on it and just rotated and pealed the tire right loose. Threw a bar in it and slipped the tire off. Once he had it in the machine it was 5 minutes of work. The biggest thing I remember is someone must have filled the tire with a liquid silicone as it glued everything together and I ended up throwing the rims anyways as I could not get them clean. I have done a couple sets with the tool since then and the larger tires seem easier. Good luck

• Like 1

Don't have that exact bead breaker but we have one like it. Works decent.

• Thanks 1

Looks like an Easco(Sp?), that is what I have, double thumbs up on it, took a lot of big tires off with it over the years.

• Thanks 1

One of the best tools you could buy if you ever think of doing your own tires. No more hammers or using a bobcat to break the beads. I made one from scrap I had laying around. I can now break the 1486 beads and have the tire off the rim in no time. 

IMG_20200613_160016805.jpg

IMG_20200613_164959914.jpg

• Like 1

buy a better one 

those < $200 generally bend but at the same time name means little other than $$$...$350 max

there is a set of S irons available for < $300 also to do the rest of the job

• Thanks 1

I've almost pulled the trigger a couple times. Theres a smaller one we had a thread on here a while back about xl550 or something. Little red one. I think it's a better one. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

One of the best tools you could buy if you ever think of doing your own tires. No more hammers or using a bobcat to break the beads. I made one from scrap I had laying around. I can now break the 1486 beads and have the tire off the rim in no time. 

IMG_20200613_160016805.jpg

IMG_20200613_164959914.jpg

Do you have a pic from the side. I have thought about making one too. 

Mine by far isn't the prettiest around, but it did work well, and all from my scrap steel pile. Second pic is what I used to make mine. I used round instead of square for the main body as I already had the pipe, and used part of a tie rod for the plunger. The video on yube toober helped also

IMG_20200613_141914799.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-170022.png

• Like 1

Don't have that exact bead breaker but we have one like it. Works decent.

Here's a picture of ours 

20200302_094037.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, td9inidaho said:

Mine by far isn't the prettiest around, but it did work well, and all from my scrap steel pile. Second pic is what I used to make mine. I used round instead of square for the main body as I already had the pipe, and used part of a tie rod for the plunger. The video on yube toober helped also

I never thought about using an old tie rod. I’m going to look through my junk pile!

9 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

Thanks. All that matters that it works! I have plenty of junk around here to make one. 

Have that exact one. It is literally falling apart and we have welded it many times. It works on everything from ATV tires to 20.8's. It isn't always the easiest, but it does work. We are going to retire ours and get an air one like the professionals have. We have done hundreds of tires with ours and have worn it out. I don't think they ever intended it to be used as much as we have. It paid for itself many times over.

• Thanks 1

I've posted this before, it still works.

fullsizeoutput_ca.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

I've posted this before, it still works.

fullsizeoutput_ca.jpeg

Kinda hard to do with a tire still on the tractor 

1 minute ago, Ihfan4life said:

Kinda hard to do with a tire still on the tractor 

That's true! Luckily I've never had one I HAD to do on the tractor. Most of the ones I do myself are 28's or smaller. Have a set of 30.5X32s Ive thought about dismounting, sell the tires and keep the rims. Maybe someday.

• Like 1