Sign in to follow this  
1955/200 Farmall

My Grandpa bought this 55 200 new!

Well. I am finally restoring this 200. was bought new by my Grandpa.  has untold hours on it and was aa great tractor for it's size on our farm. I have been using it for blading my driveway both winter and summer.  for the last couple years it has developed too many hydraulic leaks to not address. so here goes. I have posted a couple questions on here already.   space/time and budget will control the pace for me. but I do want to get the hydro lift, pump, and cyl. done. so question I have is on the soft touch unit. where do I get a good o ring seal kit for this? OE, or aftermarket?  I bought a kit from the local dealer for the rear lift cyl. and they said to check with another more knowledge able dealer for the rest of the parts, for the touch control? I thought it might be a good question to ask here before I go further on  this. and pics are usually nice for all. so here are a couple to get this going.  

thanks in advanced for any help. 

IMG_4381.JPG

IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4440.JPG

• Like 4

Hello 1955/200,  Looks like a good project and you are deep into it.  As far as touch control gasket/seal kit here are three options;  CaseIH dealer, Steiner Tractor Parts or Yesterday Tractor Parts.  Around $100.  Looks like they also have pump seals.  Biggest issue with the pumps is leaking into the engine oil.  Have fun with your project and keep us up dated on progress.  I would also recommend the manual for the touch control.  Binderbooks is a good source.

Dennis

I would second getting the manuals. I rebuilt the pump and touch control on my 140. I got pump seals from CIH dealer and touch control seal kit from Burch Tractor online I believe. There are different pumps noted in the parts manuals for the tractor I believe. Make sure you get deals for the correct pump maker. It will be good to see Grandpas tractor fixed up. Good for you!

Yes get a manuals ,the pumps are all but obsolete parts , you will have to use the ingenuity to get the gear end play back into spec . All I can give you is moral support .Been awhile since I did one. I think there two pump designs ,also .

A good hydraulic cylinder shop can rebuild the fast hitch cylinder, your first picture.  There is one in my area so I may be fortunate.  The leaking hydraulic oil into the engine is a seal problem which is easily addressed.   Good luck with the project.  From the rest of your pictures you are deep into it.