34 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

I was thinking that too.  A big forklift be better.  FIL had a elec cart too....the hydrogen sulfi in barns dont jive with electronics either.

And batteries are expensive

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

GE Electrak

We had 3 of those here when I was young, they were an impressive machine for the time.  My dad had a snow blower, blade, front mount deck, and roto tiller, weight box, and the hand held hedge trimmer and weed eater.  It moved all the snow and did all the garden work.  Later we got other gas garden tractors and he decided to sell the last two and all the attachments.  I sure wish he would have kept them, with the good sealed deep cycle batteries out there now they would really work good.

On a side a mini loader be cool.  A small kubota 420 or sim.  Sell the c50 and 60xt and get small loader....guys say handy as a pocketknife

8 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

We had 3 of those here when I was young, they were an impressive machine for the time.  My dad had a snow blower, blade, front mount deck, and roto tiller, weight box, and the hand held hedge trimmer and weed eater.  It moved all the snow and did all the garden work.  Later we got other gas garden tractors and he decided to sell the last two and all the attachments.  I sure wish he would have kept them, with the good sealed deep cycle batteries out there now they would really work good.

You had the hot set up with all the attachments, what a treasure to have that today. Thank you for sharing that ,I don’t know to many people that had those set ups. Your experience and knowledge of them.
I worked for Ge when they came out. But never took the plunge , even got company discount , to get one which I a regret. One of my coworkers brought one and it lasted him many years of service , used  it let’s say twenty .

GE sold out to New Idea ,Wheel Horse ,then I don’t know who has the rights to it now ?🤷‍♂️

I think now it would be a pleasure to have a quieter  machine . Both my neighbors have JonDeere and they are about as loud as you get. I despise the one guy tractor ,it’s Governor is hunting all the time ,I just want to go over there and turn the needle valve a touch to make it quit . Aaaaaaaaugh

I also wanted on to take to a garden tractor pull ? I got the wants ! That would be show 

I say give them an 8N, they are a dime a dozen, when one fails, scrap it and get a new one, there seem to be more of them now than there were when they were new. 

2 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

You had the hot set up with all the attachments, what a treasure to have that today. Thank you for sharing that ,I don’t know to many people that had those set ups. Your experience and knowledge of them.
I worked for Ge when they came out. But never took the plunge , even got company discount , to get one which I a regret. One of my coworkers brought one and it lasted him many years of service , used  it let’s say twenty .

GE sold out to New Idea ,Wheel Horse ,then I don’t know who has the rights to it now ?🤷‍♂️

I think now it would be a pleasure to have a quieter  machine . Both my neighbors have JonDeere and they are about as loud as you get. I despise the one guy tractor ,it’s Governor is hunting all the time ,I just want to go over there and turn the needle valve a touch to make it quit . Aaaaaaaaugh

I also wanted on to take to a garden tractor pull ? I got the wants ! That would be show 

I believe NI bought them from GE, WH was the one that bought them out.

We had an E12, E15, and a E20.  They were a heck of a machine with the 3 spd transmission and F-N-R.  The batteries at the time weren't as good, but today with sealed deep cycles, I bet you would have double the run time.  With all the weight they would pull a house over.  

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I say give them an 8N, they are a dime a dozen, when one fails, scrap it and get a new one, there seem to be more of them now than there were when they were new. 

Best tractor ever built don't ya know

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

True.  Here is a another Hispanic thing I have noticed.  No disrespect intended but these guy have 0 comp how to use a choke.  The 464 pushed for like a year after we got full time milkers.  I cannot tell you how many times I'd come out on a cool morning and there she is with a dead dead battery in the feed alley.  "no start boss"....   Charge battery on boost and pull choke half way, fire right up, let run for LIKE @) sec and turn off choke and away you go ...gently!  They would crank till battery gone.  I tried training and etc, just from warm climate so dont get it I guess.

Them elec Clarks are not too bad price wise.  Just pull mast and stick a blade on.  

15 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Them elec Clarks are not too bad price wise.  Just pull mast and stick a blade on.  

Like a forklift?  Not a bad idea but terrible. Grip if its not flat... Limited slip or Lincoln locker and steering stops...maybe

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

I believe NI bought them from GE, WH was the one that bought them out.

We had an E12, E15, and a E20.  They were a heck of a machine with the 3 spd transmission and F-N-R.  The batteries at the time weren't as good, but today with sealed deep cycles, I bet you would have double the run time.  With all the weight they would pull a house over.  

That’s why I wanted to garden tractor pull one for edification and amusement!

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Seems like a good idea.  Won’t be maintenance free but it will run.  And like mentioned the rough ride is a pretty good speed governor

since they have hydraulics, get one with mast up/down, tilt, and maybe side shift. And re plumb the cylinders to do the job

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

Like a forklift?  Not a bad idea but terrible. Grip if its not flat... Limited slip or Lincoln locker and steering stops...maybe

Yeah...have to be a pnumatic one and yes weld in a stop for wheels on be on its side.  You know....even get a x64 to x95 and use components from a lift.  ?

If i was smatererester i could make that forklift nearly autonomous 

Like that fella in SK with remote controlled tractors hes got to work to run grain carts and such.  Had em for at least 4 years...he had youtube channel showing his stuff.  Pretty simple...and complex at same time 

When my FIL was dairying one of his employees liked to tinker. They bought a Ford LTD, stripped off the sheet metal, and cut the frame to shorten it to about a 6-7 ft wheelbase. Used an extra power steering pump for hydraulics and mounted a blade on the side at probably a 60 degree angle. Pushed feed for years with that rig. Auto trans and 351 engine, it was a fun ride!  Needed more weight on the rear end though, rear tires didn’t last long outside the barn. It was light enough that if they hit something with the blade the rear end would just slide around so they learned not to go too fast after the first time they almost flew off the plywood bench seat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

When my FIL was dairying one of his employees liked to tinker. They bought a Ford LTD, stripped off the sheet metal, and cut the frame to shorten it to about a 6-7 ft wheelbase. Used an extra power steering pump for hydraulics and mounted a blade on the side at probably a 60 degree angle. Pushed feed for years with that rig. Auto trans and 351 engine, it was a fun ride!  Needed more weight on the rear end though, rear tires didn’t last long outside the barn. It was light enough that if they hit something with the blade the rear end would just slide around so they learned not to go too fast after the first time they almost flew off the plywood bench seat. 

Okay. This gives me a thought

Take a electric small SUV like a Toyota Highlander and put a plow/blade on it?  

see,s like you could get a wrecked one for a starting point

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Scott! said:

Get a Lely robot?

$25k and cant go the 150' outside between barns 

Or we would!

32 minutes ago, Scott! said:

I hear they really do make you money.  If it can't go between the barns you could always buy two. 😂👍🏻

Yeah...friend put in a delaval 1 and went up #4.  But he pushed 4x a day....we pish 10x a day.  So it wont make a diff.  His is doing 9x a day i guess.  Wed need 3....they are really still early 2000s tech frankly