Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

He said drive it like you stole it

8 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Yes electric is motors  combustion is engines. I thought you were a parts changer????lol

Duh! That was my point.

45 minutes ago, Dave Shepard said:

I knew this would turn into a "I have no clue about electric cars, but I'll comment anyway" thread.

So what is preferred in a Tesla?  Hytran, Hy Gard, 303, or Mysterious Yellow Wunder Bucket Fluid?

Asking for Mark since he is too “shy”!!

• Haha 4

Pretty sure it uses lib tears to lubricate it....

I do definitely think they will have a coming forth in the future, but I'd rather go cng or methane or the like vs electric. Seems there's plenty of combustible gas coming out of the landfills.....

They currently in the model 3 will gor 360 miles.  Thats quite amazing when you thknk 10 years ago it was like 100.

Yep they take energy to build...yep they take energy to move.  Like a horse or mule.

Cuz has 1.  Says best car ever around town.  But in ID by the time you go somewhere and then need to charge you gotta sit for like 40 45m.  Not bad but alot slower than getting gas.  So aslong as hes 100 from home he happy...which is 90% of his driving.  And in id power is like. 08c per kw

• Like 1

I can see there place, short trips in town, point a, sit, point b sit kind of stuff. I just don't see a future were they are more environmentally friendly that a combustion engine is all. 

That would be a great ride there Lorenzo, and what a great way to spend the day, do you owe your buddy a new set of tires?

sure would love to buy one.

It’s barely 30 miles across town here, electric would work just fine.  And plenty of Giddy up, to have fun running for ice cream after diner with the kids

• Like 2

Gee !

I thought I was on top of world with my new GMC Denali 3500 swr Duramax /Allison.:wub:

After this thread my bubble's been burst, the payments will not seem so easy :(

Can I put a B&W hitch on a Telsa ?:ph34r:

Tony

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Gee !

Can I put a B&W hitch on a Telsa ?:ph34r:

Tony

I am certain that if you provided a Tesla for installation of a gooseneck hitch a number of Red Power members (myself included) would get together with torches, plasma cutter, and welder to make it happen!!!

7 hours ago, AKwelder said:

That would be a great ride there Lorenzo, and what a great way to spend the day, do you owe your buddy a new set of tires?

sure would love to buy one.

It had several different performance settings . He set it up for me in  Ludacris  Mode . Yes it actualy has a setting called that . Took about half  an hiour to warm up the battery and tires  to optimal temp and the launch control keeps tire slip to a minimum but he has only had it about a month and he is on his third set of tires and second set of wheels.  Performance tires are not expected to last . A typical track day with mine only last one day . 

Like I said , it’s a whole different driving experience .  No sound what so ever. 

At a dead stop   Mash the brake pedal and hold it, then the front end squats down, floor it , watch the meter then when you lift off the brake all four motors get full power and you are smashed back into the seat so hard it actualy blurred my vision . 

Unbelievable Technology  at work .

Tesla is coming out with a pickup soon. 

• Like 1

You not a kid any more 🤷‍♂️👀

• Haha 1

I had a bike with that sort of acceleration. It's a lot of fun. Definitely exhilarating. I just think the Tesla's styling is boring, considering they don't have to worry about a radiator. They really could do some cool stuff with their flagships. They are so bent on massive battery banks unfortunately. I think a smaller bank with a genset is really the way to go. 8 years sounds great, but I own most of my vehicles more than 8 years. Replacing a battery array however is not something I'd want to do. Plus all those computer management systems. But at least it's made in America! I'd just like to see other options considering we are shuttering power plants and have an overloaded powergrid without adding billions of megawatts to power all our vehicles.

I can't afford a new vehicle and used is the only way to go. But these newer vehicles are junk once they are used. One of the reasons I bought a 2000 7.3. It's lasted longer than my neighbors 2012 6.7 superduty. He Just paid the truck off and then the motor went, I think 250k. 13k to have it replaced. That can happen to anything, but the newer vehicles seems to have so many issues and they all are extremely expensive to fix.

The electric motors themselves should be very durable, but the computer systems that need regular downloads to keep functioning? We still don't have broadband where I live, lol. But vehicles in general are going to have to improve in reliability and come down in cost, regardless of what's used to power them. I can't tell you how many of my family have cars, less than 10 years old, that became too expensive to fix. I don't understand how people are affording it. Of course the dealers let them rollover excess debt from their current junk car to buy a new junk car. Crazy. Seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

• Like 2

i would rather elon focus on the low level sat systems he is deploying so we can have phones and internet with total earthly coverage - i use internet more than a car 

I drove a friend's Tesla Model X a number of months ago.  Impressive in some ways.  Acceleration was brisk and very linear which gives you an unusual feeling...kind of roller coaster-like.  Driving dynamics, seat comfort, and switchgear were high end with few squeaks and rattles.  It reminded me of a high-end German car in that respect.  The outward and upward visibility was exceptional.

The next category I will entitle:  Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should:

- Automatic door opening and closing (Me opening the door and shutting by hand is far faster)

- The self-driving come get me feature (Once again, I'm much, much faster walking to my spot with my God-given legs)

- Auto pilot (Americans are brain dead enough behind the wheel, no need to encourage inattention)

- Automatic garage door opening  (It didn't work flawlessly when it was being shown to me)

- The dancing vehicle feature (That's just dumb)

It seems like we have reached a new level of lazy with these features.

When asked whether my friend will replace his wife's vehicle with another Tesla he responded, "No, only one vehicle should be electric and the other conventional liquid fuel."  He worships at the alter of Elon Musk, so I wonder if my friend experienced some sort of debilitating charging issue?  He would never admit to it if he did.

I am more impressed with what both Rivian and Nikola are doing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rcb said:

I had a bike with that sort of acceleration. It's a lot of fun. Definitely exhilarating. I just think the Tesla's styling is boring, considering they don't have to worry about a radiator. They really could do some cool stuff with their flagships. They are so bent on massive battery banks unfortunately. I think a smaller bank with a genset is really the way to go. 8 years sounds great, but I own most of my vehicles more than 8 years. Replacing a battery array however is not something I'd want to do. Plus all those computer management systems. But at least it's made in America! I'd just like to see other options considering we are shuttering power plants and have an overloaded powergrid without adding billions of megawatts to power all our vehicles.

I can't afford a new vehicle and used is the only way to go. But these newer vehicles are junk once they are used. One of the reasons I bought a 2000 7.3. It's lasted longer than my neighbors 2012 6.7 superduty. He Just paid the truck off and then the motor went, I think 250k. 13k to have it replaced. That can happen to anything, but the newer vehicles seems to have so many issues and they all are extremely expensive to fix.

The electric motors themselves should be very durable, but the computer systems that need regular downloads to keep functioning? We still don't have broadband where I live, lol. But vehicles in general are going to have to improve in reliability and come down in cost, regardless of what's used to power them. I can't tell you how many of my family have cars, less than 10 years old, that became too expensive to fix. I don't understand how people are affording it. Of course the dealers let them rollover excess debt from their current junk car to buy a new junk car. Crazy. Seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Well it’s a toy . There’s no practical reason to own it . 

How it’s fueled and what it uses to produce power had nothing to do with why he bought it . This is one of his cheaper cars. 

I  Have also driven his 2019 Ford Raptor . When it came in he took it straight to a performance shop and stripped out all the emissions crap , spent another 30k on modifications and that’s his daily driver when he is not in one of the other two dozen exotic  vehicles . 

The fact that the Tesla is electric , what the warranty is, how long untill it needs a battery, tires, how far can he go from home, ect..ect...  were never a consideration for one second. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

It had several different performance settings . He set it up for me in  Ludacris  Mode . Yes it actualy has a setting called that . Took about half  an hiour to warm up the battery and tires  to optimal temp and the launch control keeps tire slip to a minimum but he has only had it about a month and he is on his third set of tires and second set of wheels.  Performance tires are not expected to last . A typical track day with mine only last one day . 

Like I said , it’s a whole different driving experience .  No sound what so ever. 

At a dead stop   Mash the brake pedal and hold it, then the front end squats down, floor it , watch the meter then when you lift off the brake all four motors get full power and you are smashed back into the seat so hard it actualy blurred my vision . 

“Tesla pickup”

the single most fugly vehicle to have ever graced the planet

• Like 3

16 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Zero to 60 in 2.3

8 year warranty on battery but who cares about that . He’s beating the $hit out of It every time he gets in it and will trade it in on next years model . 

I had a blast with it . 

It's an amazing car for sure Larry .... I still prefer the sound of a 427 - GT ... I've drove a 16 H3LLCat in Launch Mode at a Strip . ( traction adhesive applied )  I couldn't imagine 3 seconds with no sound ....  like eating your best Steak with no taste ..... hOlY wAt Da !!!

HP

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'd love to take one for a spin... but once I get a thumbs up from some hippy in their Prius, as they pine through gender neutral eyes at my enviro-virtue signaling hot rod the novelty will be over. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Ohhhhh k  now that I've had more time here to digest this ..... these guys made this car noiseless for a very good reason..... I'm surprised Lorenzo did'nt explain..... " these car are soundless so you can tell if the cops are still chasing you " ........  friggin geniuses !!!

Imagine if Burt Reynolds had one ....

Phew !!!!

HP

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

i still think there is room for steam power - but no one believes me

Have a compressed air engine that also has a air compressor built it so it wpuld fuel itself, i seen old steam engines hooked up to compressed air

• Like 2

My daughter and her husband just bought 2 new cars they had a house out in West  Virginia they finally sold a year after moving  to Minn  they had one older car. His new job had him drive about 15-20 miles a day in down town Minneapolis he bought an electric car can plug it in every night on off peak . Daughter bought a conventional gas powered car because she makes quite a few 200 mile round trips and in the winter the electric car range isn't as good . They are very happy with that arrangement In the Twin  Cities with all the stop lights an electric is the way to go and is really fun to drive I have used the electric and would consider one myself

• Like 1

When I can plug one of those into my backyard Solar Array(when Solar pencils out) then you have my attention.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Have a compressed air engine that also has a air compressor built it so it wpuld fuel itself, i seen old steam engines hooked up to compressed air

That is how my uncle would unload & load his steamer at tractor shows, used his semi air and a long airhose

• Like 1

Yall keep buying them and I'll make sure this fire stays lit in my boiler. 730,000 lbs / hour for anyone who's keeping track but I can make all the charging stations full when you need them. That's a fact 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Jest like California adventures racing cars kinda.

3 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Yall keep buying them and I'll make sure this fire stays lit in my boiler. 730,000 lbs / hour for anyone who's keeping track but I can make all the charging stations full when you need them. That's a fact 

What type (and quantity!) of fuel are you firing that boiler with?