Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

He said drive it like you stole it

So a buddy of mine let me have his Tesla for today . Model S  . 

Zero to 60 is the most amazing , the G force actualy gave me a bit of tunnel vision for a few seconds.  Very spacious interior with a full glass top, steering wheel has a nice  ergonomic feeling with just the right amount of padding where it’s needed,  Computer graphics and video screen are the best I’ve ever seen . More tec gadgets then I knew were possible. It’s a whole different driving experience then I expected . If ya get a chance drive one. 

FFAE5567-226C-4ADC-BFF8-6F7D328DCF92.thumb.jpeg.8761c4eba9db4aec87e9f0af6d448de7.jpeg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

ero to 60 is the most amazing , the G force actualy gave me a bit of tunnel vision for a few seconds.  Very spacious interior with a full glass top, steering wheel has a nice  ergonomic feeling with just the right amount of padding where it’s needed,

Exactly why I bought my CDG. 

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

So a buddy of mine let me have his Tesla for today . Model S  . 

Zero to 60 is the most amazing , the G force actualy gave me a bit of tunnel vision for a few seconds.  Very spacious interior with a full glass top, steering wheel has a nice  ergonomic feeling with just the right amount of padding where it’s needed,  Computer graphics and video screen are the best I’ve ever seen . More tec gadgets then I knew were possible. It’s a whole different driving experience then I expected . If ya get a chance drive one. 

IRC the S has a real dashboard not a monitor tacked on the center like a 3?

What model S 80 or 100?

25 minutes ago, MTO said:

Tesla being in seconds and CDG in minutes.....The padding is not in the steering wheel either.🤐

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

WHO MAKES TESLA? WHAT SIZE ENGINE?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

What is 0-60? I was thinking 3 or under, I listen to an intro on the model x last year with rear gull wing doors, not my cup of tea but if they handle and run as nice as they look it’s something, but the thing is battery, 85 or so for the car but when they need battery replacement how much is that.

19 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

What is 0-60? I was thinking 3 or under, I listen to an intro on the model x last year with rear gull wing doors, not my cup of tea but if they handle and run as nice as they look it’s something, but the thing is battery, 85 or so for the car but when they need battery replacement how much is that.

Zero to 60 in 2.3

8 year warranty on battery but who cares about that . He’s beating the $hit out of It every time he gets in it and will trade it in on next years model . 

I had a blast with it . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomH said:

Tesla being in seconds and CDG in minutes.....The padding is not in the steering wheel either.🤐

Big deal.

Can you fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in it?

NO!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, farmall666 said:

WHO MAKES TESLA? WHAT SIZE ENGINE?

No engine.

Sure it will run like crazy....until it needs to sit connected to a charger for a while. 😥

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

Sure it will run like crazy....until it needs to sit connected to a charger for a while. 😥

17 inch tv screen dash has a map locating every recharging station on Earth and even shows how many people are at each location .  Local HyVee grocery store here in Lincoln has a free one , It can recharge six or eight at a time.  While driving normal you can recharge in 15 min.  There are now thousands of recharging stations. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

17 inch tv screen dash has a map locating every recharging station on Earth and even shows how many people are at each location .  Local HyVee grocery store here in Lincoln has a free one , It can recharge six or eight at a time.  While driving normal you can recharge in 15 min.  There are now thousands of recharging stations. 

I have yet to see one....then again some may think I live under a rock  LOL. We do have a CNG station close by but I have only seen one truck fueling there in several years. I know it was subsidized so I got excited when I saw my tax dollars hard at work the ONE time. With that track record,  I hope I never see a charging station I helped pay for...

• Like 2

Sure, batteries are great and offer zero emisions while you drive. They still take fossil fuel to get the materials though...

• Like 2

Coal powered cars----gotta love em...

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Sure, batteries are great and offer zero emisions while you drive. They still take fossil fuel to get the materials though...

And likely fossil fuels to charge...   So where are the gains again? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MTO said:

yea and you can put a mattress down on the floor and camp in yours with nachos n cheese while watching dual DVD players

i still think there is room for steam power - but no one believes me

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, searcyfarms said:

yea and you can put a mattress down on the floor and camp in yours with nachos n cheese while watching dual DVD players

That's what I'M talking about!

0-60 in 3 seconds.

My Depends would leak!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

No engine.

But it has a motor

I knew this would turn into a "I have no clue about electric cars, but I'll comment anyway" thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Shepard said:

I knew this would turn into a "I have no clue about electric cars, but I'll comment anyway" thread.

You expected less on here?! 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dave Shepard said:

they dont have an engine - they have a motor - they dont have a giant hauling capacity YET - they dont have a long distance capability YET - they are going to be an amazing transitional device and are morphing into SEMI's but hauling capacity will be reduced because of all the batteries needed to run them long distances. 

53 minutes ago, MTO said:

But it has a motor

Yes electric is motors  combustion is engines. I thought you were a parts changer????lol